💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't understand people who still want autotune in every Gaga's songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

I know every people has different tastes etc but this is just my opinion. Lady Gaga is just one of the most talented artist of this decade. (if not the best) And it annoys me a little that her voice is "wasted" on her albums with autotune... The gp hear her voice on the album with autotune, not her real voice, so they can't know that she's really talented if they don't see her live. I still love the songs tho lol but omg... That's why I want powerful ballads on LG5 or some acoustic songs. (even an album full of acoustic songs or covers of her old songs)

Praying for Gaga to respect what she said: no autotune anymore -yeah in one CTC era interview-

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEVDALIZA

It's an awesome way to enhance music and give it another dimension. An alternative to just regular singing, if you will. I'd love it if she worked more intensively with it.

operating from another world

Autotune is good for a certain type of song, if it's being used for a desired effect. I do agree though, I'd love some powerful ballads, like Speechless.

Mr Ricky

The next album better has backing vocals, or I will not listen to it. :saladga:

Backing vocals gives every song a good boost and power to it. 

No autotune is fine, but we can all pretty much tell that Backing Vocals are practically autotune. :lolgaga:

Love the performance btw. 

Crossfit

Brooke Hoegan

well I don't mind a little of it so her voice goes "smoothly"

you know, you really have to do it so the record sounds HQ and not hummy (mixing purposes)

also some effects achievable with autotune are nice

darkchylde

Well, sometimes, it's fun to hear her voice edited. It's one of the reasons I love ARTPOP so much, specially its title track.

Yeah, she doesn't get to showcase her amazing voice, but at the same time, she gets to play with sounds she otherwise couldn't. Aura and ARTPOP -even though ARTPOP 'acoustic' is as beautiful as the studio version- are so unique because of voice editing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not saying every song need autotune, I'm saying autotune it's not a bad thing at all. Even live, it's another way to make art.

Tumblr

Well imo, I got into Gaga because she was electronic and autotune is used in Electronic music, not just to make a bad voice sound good (which doesn't apply to Gaga) but it's used to add effects to a song, add more depth

E.G: Believe by Cher

Imogen Heaps album

Gaga has talked about autotune in a Howard Stern interview and said the same thing btw

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Jjang

I agree - I'd be severely disappointed if she falls short in delivering the type of music she's been slowly but clearly hinting she's going to make for the next album.

Although deliberately using vocal effects with your artistic license is never a bad thing, but since Gaga already stated that her vocals are sometimes auto tuned without her permission / knowledge is a bit.. yeah. 

Lets hope that, for once, she executes her true vision as planned.

AbuHassan1992

she doesn't really need it, but in pop music, it just makes everything sound tighter and the vocals blend better with the mix. A little bit is fine, with a slow response time

ViviLittleM

shes done that with You And I

barely charted outside north america :rip:

music not the bling i guess

but U&I is really a music for the US so... and I don't think U&I had promo outside the US & UK tho.

gagzus

you guys do know the difference between autotune and vocal/pitch correction right...

because she's forever used the latter and only used the former like 3 times

also her putting out an all acoustic album or stripped album would be disastrous have y'all not seen the comments about Dope and her unedited voice in acoustic pop songs like Dope from fans aka her main demographic nnnn

besides it's 100000% obvious that the next album is electronic and she can't sing it without some editing to her vocals, because let's be real her vocals live to some of her songs are terrible (especially at artRAVE :rip:)

Judas Oyster

What @Lil Alex said. Although I don't specially like that performance by her. But Kanye's is really amazing.

Anyway, it could be used but it should be used in a way that makes her voice fit the song. It can be really cool if done properly and we have seen her doing this in several songs in the past. It's not a bad thing u know. But I understand your point in that autotune destroys her pure voice too. So yeah, it should be used in the right occasions, not always.

Head Empty

I'd love to have some more raw vocals as well, like on Teeth, Dope or w/e. But I can see the charm of vocal effects too. Heavy Metal Lover is a perfect example, or Dance in the Dark. Both perfect songs with a lot of vocal editing.

shes done that with You And I

barely charted outside north america :rip:

What does charting have to do with the OP though? :rip:

Archived