đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Gaga not creating her own tour outfits anymore?

Blade

Featured Posts

Blade

I guess because she doesn't need to anymore and she can use her platform to give a spotlight to designers on their way up :party: I would like more cool Haus creations though, I feel like it's been a while since she used something pretty funky in her performances, whether that be in the form of an outfit or a prop :shrug: 

I see, that makes sense since she always says how much she loves to let the spotlight shine on unknown, talented people.

But still, it'd be great to see her perform in a couple outfits she designed with her friends, but I'm happy with what we got anyway :yes: 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prince

I think they designed most of the dancers outfits for the ARTPOP Ball but the team that did her stuff back in TFM is mostly gone now and the quality of work isn't up to par. 

This. Members of the Haus are constantly leaving and joining so the work she creates will always differ, she had her strongest team during TFM 

Blade

But she still makes some outfits, I mean for sure this one is not versace

lady-gaga-artrave-527128.jpg

And the CTC tour outfits are mostly Brandon's very own designs

I totally forgot about that one lol

Really? Didn't know that :duck: I admit I didn't follow the C2C tour very much because I've been very busy but it's good to know that Brandon's work got to be in the spotlight again :yes:

Alien Tulip

Yeah I miss when she actually was hands on hands with everything. It just seemed so authentic and organic the way she wrote the concepts and constructions of the shows she was performing. It's like she almost wrote a libretto for the fame and monster ball kind of like she did with her albums. Her tour costumes since the btw ball have been very awful in my opinion. The cheek to cheek tour is decent though but the btw ball and artrave outfits were terrible. I don't like the way everything is customed versace or armani because it just makes it seem kinda....idk boring whereas the outfits she designed back then were inspired by original pieces of designers but she added a gaga twist to the costumes. I hope she gets to design her tour outfits again or even cute accessories like the crystal, lcd glasses or disco stick. 

Alien Tulip

I will say that the gypsy outfit for the artrave is actually really good and probably the only tour outfit I like from the past 4 years. 

Blade

Yeah I miss when she actually was hands on hands with everything. It just seemed so authentic and organic the way she wrote the concepts and constructions of the shows she was performing. It's like she almost wrote a libretto for the fame and monster ball kind of like she did with her albums. Her tour costumes since the btw ball have been very awful in my opinion. The cheek to cheek tour is decent though but the btw ball and artrave outfits were terrible. I don't like the way everything is customed versace or armani because it just makes it seem kinda....idk boring whereas the outfits she designed back then were inspired by original pieces of designers but she added a gaga twist to the costumes. I hope she gets to design her tour outfits again or even cute accessories like the crystal, lcd glasses or disco stick. 

Hunty if I would read more books, I would be a better writer and if I was, I would've written what you just posted because this is exactly what I was thinking! :love:

madeon helped :sis: 

Madeon provided stems only

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Vernier

I assume it's because the Haus doesn't really function as they used to earlier in her career

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Alien Tulip

Hunty if I would read more books, I would be a better writer and if I was, I would've write what you just posted because this is exactly what I was thinking! :love:

Glad someone understands where I'm coming from. Don't get me wrong Brandon is a hit or miss at times but when he does well, he really does well but when he misses he really misses. There's a lack of consistency in terms of the fashion she wears. I'm not saying she needs to dress the same all the time but I'm not fond of her looking messy one day and then amazing the other. I will admit that this year she has delivered some amazing outfits compared to from 2011 to 2014 but I also want to see Gaga design more stuff because I loved how she experimented with every talent and for the most part she excelled. 

I think she used to do that in the beginning cause there weren't many stylists willing to design clothes for her so she had to improvise, now there are plenty of people designing and clothes to wear

Alien Tulip

I think she used to do that in the beginning cause there weren't many stylists willing to design clothes for her so she had to improvise, now there are plenty of people designing and clothes to wear

Yeah but she also said she loved creating and designing things and how she would study every shape and color like Grace Jones so that you can imagine her silhouette walk right through the wall while focusing on the shapes. I don't mind her wearing designers clothes at all because she looks glamorous sometimes but I would love to see her design again in collaboration with someone that is good with fitting and shapes like Dada. 

Miel

A lot of BTWB's, artRave's, and C2C's outfits are from the Haus/Brandon, no?

She made those?! :omg: 

A lot of those are James Concannon, I think.

3 points in and ready for more

Blade

I just think that the outfits she wore at the Fame Ball + Monster Ball were better than the ones she wore at the BTWB and the Artrave and that's sad because I really think if she was a little bit more hands on with that process she'd slay more

I totally forgot about that one lol

Really? Didn't know that :duck: I admit I didn't follow the C2C tour very much because I've been very busy but it's good to know that Brandon's work got to be in the spotlight again :yes:

I liked what he did on this tour, Brandon has improved a lot lately and the spotlight was deserved this time. The thing is that the CTC outfits are all gowns, so I am excited and curious to see if he has also improved at pop-extravaganza-dance-ready outfits for the next tour (next year I hope!)

Hello, it's me

Yeah but she also said she loved creating and designing things and how she would study every shape and color like Grace Jones so that you can imagine her silhouette walk right through the wall while focusing on the shapes. I don't mind her wearing designers clothes at all because she looks glamorous sometimes but I would love to see her design again in collaboration with someone that is good with fitting and shapes like Dada. 

I think she does create/takes part in the creation some outfits, there are plenty of examples in the posts above in this thread. The ArtRave itself was much more Gaga-made than the BTWBall if you stop to think. 

Archived