💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga get critisized if she makes dance pop/mainstream music again?

Quark

Featured Posts

Jjang

But I am not necessarily talking about experimental music, it could be as simple as just making rock or original jazz music. 

She already confirmed a yearly Jazz record as a side project.

Rock albums? I'm not so sure. We are all aware of the fact that she's successful at covering rock classics, but as far as her actually being able to produce good rock music? not really, we're actually clueless about that. She might just be a rock fan rather than an actual rock artist. Plus, It's already too late for her to be accepted by the rock community, truth be told, hardcore rock fans were never very keen on her. So a pure rock album would most likely result in a commercial flop seeing how also rock music is pretty irrelevant these days and has been since like 2006.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity

Gaga can and has shown off her vocals before. A diferent thing is that media/critics/public were too focused on bring her down/her outfits because of other things rather than appreciate that.

TEOG, MTN, Bad Romance, Speechless,... well, lots of her songs and EVERY live performance she has ever done.

What is sad is that she had to put on a beautiful dress with a long wig and light makeup at the Oscars for the world to see her talent.

But the world is that basic. What can we do? The good thing is that now she can do whatever she wants cuz no one will doubt about her vocal ability.

:whitney: 

NewYorkCity

She already confirmed a yearly Jazz record as a side project.

Rock albums? I'm not so sure. We are all aware of the fact that she's successful at covering rock classics, but as far as her actually being able to produce good rock music? not really, we're actually clueless about that. She might just be a rock fan rather than an actual rock artist. Plus, It's already too late for her to be accepted by the rock community, truth be told, hardcore rock fans were never very keen on her. So a pure rock album would most likely result in a commercial flop seeing how also rock music is pretty irrelevant these days and have been since like 2006.

well... we don't know if she can do it or not...

My ex is a hard rock fan, and when we started I showed every Gaga performance, video and music to him (by that time it was only TF and TFM) and he ended loving her. And he loved her even more after seeing TMBT live. 

The commercial faliure... I agree. But depends on what kind of rock she does. I think she could use rock influences on her album! Not Judas Priest rock, but more Queen. Songs like that would slay :flutter: I want her bohemian rapsody :flutter: 

If it's good music I don't see why she should

This really; Madonna, Robyn and countless others have gotten lots of praise with dance-pop albums. It all depends on how good the music is, not the genre :shrug: 

DiscoHeaven23

Ariana is an R&B musician not a dance musician

yea, I really noticed that when I listened to Problem, Break Free, Bang Bang, Love Me Harder, One Last Time, Why Try.

gagzus

yea, I really noticed that when I listened to Problem, Break Free, Bang Bang, Love Me Harder, One Last Time, Why Try.

if ur trying to be sarcastic; Why Try,One Last Time and Love Me Harder all fall under R&B. Problem, Bang Bang & Break Free don't. And before you say it; Pop is an abbreviation for Popular, not a genre. Her entire debut album is R&B and the majority of My Everything is.

moonboywow

if ur trying to be sarcastic; Why Try,One Last Time and Love Me Harder all fall under R&B. Problem, Bang Bang & Break Free don't. And before you say it; Pop is an abbreviation for Popular, not a genre. Her entire debut album is R&B and the majority of My Everything is.

yeah I hate when people call gaga's genre "pop" fall out boy is pop, lil wayne is pop and Ariana grande is pop. One does rock music, the other rap and then Ariana doing R&B. Pop music covers many genres. That being said...Gaga could go for a more pop rock approach and still be classified as pop if done right 

gagzus

yeah I hate when people call gaga's genre "pop" fall out boy is pop, lil wayne is pop and Ariana grande is pop. One does rock music, the other rap and then Ariana doing R&B. Pop music covers many genres. That being said...Gaga could go for a more pop rock approach and still be classified as pop if done right 

well gaga is pop, but obviously it isn't her genre, her genre is primarily Dance, and it depends on what type of rock you mean because when people say pop-rock I think of the popular alt rock bands right now like Bastille, Alt J, The 1975 etc.

I'd love to hear a Bastille x Gaga song though tbh

DiscoHeaven23

go look at iTunes and scroll through their genres. And when you find the pop genre I'm telling you, you'll find an Ariana Grande. And then lookup "My Everything" and see what genre it is categorized as in iTunes. 

gagzus

go look at iTunes and scroll through their genres. And when you find the pop genre I'm telling you, you'll find an Ariana Grande. And then lookup "My Everything" and see what genre it is categorized as in iTunes. 

i will repeat what u clearly didn't read; Pop means Popular and is a classification, it's mainly confused for genre nowadays because of mainstream media making it out as if it's a genre. It's not.

DiscoHeaven23

i will repeat what u clearly didn't read; Pop means Popular and is a classification, it's mainly confused for genre nowadays because of mainstream media making it out as if it's a genre. It's not.

I did read. It's considered a genre. Your blending popular music and pop music. Pop music is a genre of popular music. Pop music derives from rock and roll. 

giskardsb

well... we don't know if she can do it or not...

My ex is a hard rock fan, and when we started I showed every Gaga performance, video and music to him (by that time it was only TF and TFM) and he ended loving her. And he loved her even more after seeing TMBT live. 

Gaga has a lot of Rock based fans. I'm one.  I hate most pop and can only listen to pop radio for about ten minutes before having to change it.  But Gagas talent and underlying edge is something rock fans can appreciate. 

Riot Poof

I think most people expect and want Gaga to continue doing dance-pop. We can't handle another genre change so soon! :giveup:

(Of course, as I've said in other posts, I'm up for Gaga playing around with other genres.)

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Schwerk

No doubt about it.

I'm imagining 'Why can't she just sit at the piano and sing' type comments. Or 'Gaga is back to her weird old ways'

Because she's so talented people have insane expectations. Hearing even people like Boy George say they didn't realize how good she really was untill they heard her sing jazz baffles me. Even popstars don't take pop seriously? 

I'm afraid she will always be misunderstood, because in todays world not many people stop to take a closer look. But Gaga has a great talent of dealing with this. Presenting clever metaphores disguised as carefree popsongs. Maybe this time they will listen more closely to find out it's not all what it seems.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived