Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
news

Boy George praises Lady Gaga, Talks Madonna comparison.

fucbjk

Featured Posts

LoveandMagic

11 pages of arguing, and for what? Such a lovely article by a respectable musician is totally ignored. *sigh*

BOTH Madonna and Gaga are queens. BOTH have contributed to music history. Madonna is a living legend and Gaga is well on her way. Both were influenced and inspired by others, while they themselves serve to influence and inspire contemporaries and future generations. So enough with this petty nonsense.

As for Boy George it's always nice hearing an icon speak about his thoughts on the future of music, pop culture, and social changes. He witnessed a great many things and himself tried to encourage progression, in all areas. And it's nice that he has a high opinion of Gaga. :)

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michelle

11 pages of arguing, and for what? Such a lovely article by a respectable musician is totally ignored. *sigh*

BOTH Madonna and Gaga are queens. BOTH have contributed to music history. Madonna is a living legend and Gaga is well on her way. Both were influenced and inspired by others, while they themselves serve to influence and inspire contemporaries and future generations. So enough with this petty nonsense.

As for Boy George it's always nice hearing an icon speak about his thoughts on the future of music, pop culture, and social changes. He witnessed a great many things and himself tried to encourage progression, in all areas. And it's nice that he has a high opinion of Gaga. :)

:applause: thank you!!

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

PartySick

The real issue has always been obvious ; Madonna fans claiming Gaga's blatantly ripping off Madonna (when Madge herself denied that claim) OR Gaga fans claiming that Gaga doesn't resemble Madonna at all. It's a conflict between two close minded mentalities.

:yes:

As you can see, I agree. So why are we arguing?

Not to feed into this messy argument but Madonna's literal words were: "The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs." :shrug: 

That's why I don't like her. The whole material girl ego thing is just SUCH a put off. Like, seriously, a song by a modern artist who had nothing but praise for you (and many others) puts out a song that vaguely sounds like a song you put out 30 years ago and it's a blatant ripoff? Get over yourself, woman :fail: The whole "reductive" comment, shouting "I have the best fans in the world, so take that, Lady Gaga!" in 2012, and even being so petty as to dedicate a segment of her MDNA tour to slamming Gaga. :fail: 

I'd probably love her if she didn't try to provoke everyone all the time, starting feuds, then when it gets out of hand it's "Oh, the industry always pits women/artists against each other." Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Gaga, Prince, MJ, Idk how many others she's feuded with or dissed but she always has something to say and it's hardly ever anything nice. When it is, it's a give and take situation like calling Kanye a "Beautiful mess". I can't stan for someone with that much drama to cause and feed. I know Gaga takes her little shots now and then (I see you, Katy), but it seems like these days that's all that Madge has to offer.

All that being said, she is talented. I don't know what these people are on about, she has one of the most successful music careers of all time, is a touring force, has pretty good music, and did revolutionize the music industry so she's got to be doing something right. :yes: 

OT: I'm so happy with all the praise Gaga's been getting lately :flutter: she really deserves it! 

PartySick

Well to be fair the article brought up Madonna :shrug: these discussions could be much more civil though :hunty: 

Throwing your own feces is not a good argument, fellow GGD members :wtf: 

Bad Bromance

Not to feed into this messy argument but Madonna's literal words were: "The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs." :shrug: 

That's why I don't like her. The whole material girl ego thing is just SUCH a put off. Like, seriously, a song by a modern artist who had nothing but praise for you (and many others) puts out a song that vaguely sounds like a song you put out 30 years ago and it's a blatant ripoff? Get over yourself, woman :fail: The whole "reductive" comment, shouting "I have the best fans in the world, so take that, Lady Gaga!" in 2012, and even being so petty as to dedicate a segment of her MDNA tour to slamming Gaga. :fail: 

I'd probably love her if she didn't try to provoke everyone all the time, starting feuds, then when it gets out of hand it's "Oh, the industry always pits women/artists against each other." Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Gaga, Prince, MJ, Idk how many others she's feuded with or dissed but she always has something to say and it's hardly ever anything nice. When it is, it's a give and take situation like calling Kanye a "Beautiful mess". I can't stan for someone with that much drama to cause and feed. I know Gaga takes her little shots now and then (I see you, Katy), but it seems like these days that's all that Madge has to offer.

All that being said, she is talented. I don't know what these people are on about, she has one of the most successful music careers of all time, is a touring force, has pretty good music, and did revolutionize the music industry so she's got to be doing something right. :yes: 

OT: I'm so happy with all the praise Gaga's been getting lately :flutter: she really deserves it! 

:applause: 

You literally took the words right out of my mouth!  I feel the exact same way as you do, hun. 

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Stefani328

Great article. I love the wonderful things he said about Gaga.  However the article  was completely overshadowed by the stupid arguments in this thread.

QueenGadonna

But most of the stuff that Madge said about Gaga was lies or misunderstood. The media love to exaggerate things and things are taken out of context. Both Gaga and Madonna fans fell for it.

The truth that everyone refuse to see is that Madonna & Gaga don't hate each other.

PartySick

But most of the stuff that Madge said about Gaga was lies or misunderstood. The media love to exaggerate things and things are taken out of context. Both Gaga and Madonna fans fell for it.

The truth that everyone refuse to see is that Madonna & Gaga don't hate each other.

I only take what comes out of Madonna's mouth tbh. Direct quotes and videos, otherwise I won't site it as a source :yes: everything I said was true :yes: I know they don't hate each other, I never did. I just thought Madonna was being Madonna and Gaga may have had her feelings hurt, but that's about it. I never bought into the big tabloid show about it or the stupid fan wars :shrug: 

Hexxx

I love this image 

large.lady-gaga-met-gala-after-party-02.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Jjang

I was not talking about the whole BTW / EY situation, but both of them as artists. Madonna denied the claim of Gaga being a copycat. There you go :

Bad Bromance

Great article. I love the wonderful things he said about Gaga.  However the article  was completely overshadowed by the stupid arguments in this thread.

I couldn't agree with you more, hun!  The petty arguments really need to stop.  They're pointless and only create tension.  SMH!!

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Himeros26

Where are these Musical Theatre vocals in Gaga's albums?

Mary Jane Holland immediately comes to mind. Especially the bridge.

• Jase locked this topic

Archived