opinion

Monster & Starstruck were the hits that got away

gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster

I wouldn't change The Fame's singles or add any because of how perfectly they were spaced out and the smooth transition to The Fame Monster. I would want Monster to have been the fourth single from The Fame Monster though. I heard it at Taco Bell before. It was definitely single material and there was no reason really to not release another single. 

tbh @ starstruck especially with the sales it got

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

SKANK

kind of & the video boosts that

The video is definitely homoertoic. The song though, I don't see how it's even kind of gay. Maybe I'm just missing something. 

gagzus

The video is definitely homoertoic. The song though, I don't see how it's even kind of gay. Maybe I'm just missing something. 

it's Euro-pop which in Europe is a highly gay genre and is the sort of stuff you will find in gay clubs all across Europe tbh

Shadow

THIS :fail:

EDIT: and i dont think it should have been released "instead of" but rather add them in

StarStruck could of been 5th single from TF... and Monster well... im not sure if id add that in or replace another single for it or not...

But with StarStruck for sure id add it in!!!!!!

correction, if you're going to add Starstruck as a single, add Monster, too! Come on, it was practically the theme song for the era. That song had style and a great beat!

this isn't up for debate... :adam:

if only those two first eras went on longer... :giveup:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

SKANK

it's Euro-pop which in Europe is a highly gay genre and is the sort of stuff you will find in gay clubs all across Europe tbh

Just Dance, Poker Face, most of her early songs are just straight up Euro-pop. I don't think you would claim Just Dance is an inherently gay song though. 

I don't buy that Alejandro is a gay song. The artist and video, super gay, the song, not so gay. 

This is the stupidest conversation I have ever had. :dies:

Riot Poof

I'd say that "Starstruck" and "Monster" should've been singles, but not at the expense of other songs.

I also think that "Dance in the Dark" should've been a single. :giveup:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Economy

correction, if you're going to add Starstruck as a single, add Monster, too! Come on, it was practically the theme song for the era. That song had style and a great beat!

this isn't up for debate... :adam:

if only those two first eras went on longer... :giveup:

she became highly over exposed. I dunno about adding 2 more... I loved Monster but at best id have replaced telephone with it or something or else it would be too long

for sure id add starstruck tho

i love monster as much as starstruck but in terms of success starstruck would beat monster for sure

Shadow

she became highly over exposed. I dunno about adding 2 more... I loved Monster but at best id have replaced telephone with it or something or else it would be too long

for sure id add starstruck tho

i love monster as much as starstruck but in terms of success starstruck would beat monster for sure

Over exposed as opposed to other pop stars? Think about it, how many times have you referred as "overexposed" about Britney, Katy, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Rhianna, or Beyoncé?

All this is speculation, so we'd never know what would have happened if history was different, so how would we know if one single would perform well and others would not? 

For all we know, each single could have extended her success streak back then, given if enough people who would have liked the singles initially would gain interest in Gaga as an artist. 2010 was also the year she was hot, hence the reason BTW, the song stayed high on the charts for weeks since so many folks were anticipating new music from her. Since these songs were already songs from an album and EP that garnered her exponential increase in fame, one could argue more singles from them might have been safe for her. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

TEANUS

Just Dance-Poker Face-Starstruck-LoveGame-Paparazzi

Bad Romance-Monster-Telephone-Alejandro

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

THIS :fail:

EDIT: and i dont think it should have been released "instead of" but rather add them in

StarStruck could of been 5th single from TF... and Monster well... im not sure if id add that in or replace another single for it or not...

But with StarStruck for sure id add it in!!!!!!

During the wait for BTW German radio stations started playing Monster just for fun and sooner than later it was a radio hit (until Interscope made them stop, so that they wouldn't be tired of Gaga when BTW came out). Also, TFM was Gaga's primetime, I'm sure a fourth single would have been acceptable.

gagzus

Over exposed as opposed to other pop stars? Think about it, how many times have you referred as "overexposed" about Britney, Katy, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Rhianna, or Beyoncé?

All this is speculation, so we'd never know what would have happened if history was different, so how would we know if one single would perform well and others would not? 

For all we know, each single could have extended her success streak back then, given if enough people who would have liked the singles initially would gain interest in Gaga as an artist. 2010 was also the year she was hot, hence the reason BTW, the song stayed high on the charts for weeks since so many folks were anticipating new music from her. Since these songs were already songs from an album and EP that garnered her exponential increase in fame, one could argue more singles from them might have been safe for her. 

Starstruck was a promised success since it sold 600K without being released, Monster was probably the catchiest and most Pop song on TFM, it's sonically similar to Just Dance & I think it being a single would've been the better choice than Alejandro & DITD tbh 

Bad Monster Kid

Don't forget to include Venus. It is the most played non-single from ARTPOP on @applemusic. 

ARTPOP most popular on Apple Music

Applause

DWUW

GUY

Venus

Gypsy

Dope

Donatella(single worthy)

MANiCURE

Sexxx Dreams

ARTPOP

Fashion

Aura

Swine

Mary Jane Holland

JND(shocker!)

Death at Aura being so low.

gagzus

Don't forget to include Venus. It is the most played non-single from ARTPOP on @applemusic. 

ARTPOP most popular on Apple Music

Applause

DWUW

GUY

Venus

Gypsy

Dope

Donatella(single worthy)

MANiCURE

Sexxx Dreams

ARTPOP

Fashion

Aura

Swine

Mary Jane Holland

JND(shocker!)

Death at Aura being so low.

I was just on about non-single & non-promo single songs, Venus was demoted to promo sinlge in favour of DWUW after all lol. I also always think MJH, Donatella, MANiCURE & Fashion! were all potential singles from ARTPOP. I know everyone wanted Sex Dreams but the radio censorship and madonna's Erotica comparisons would've been annoying

Archived