Envi

Slay or Flop?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Slay or Flop?

• YES, RISE LIKE A PHOENIX!
    • NO, FLOP!

Featured Posts

boyerased

All signs point to her slaying but who knows? I guess the thing with her is that when you try to limit her, she tries to be "rebellious" and becomes a mess and then go downhill. She's in a better place now, she just need to have her drive to reach the top back and we'll be fine.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see her on top of the charts and selling millions, but it doesn't matter if the album sucks. Give me quality over quantity anyday. 

These speculation threads of her future success (or lack of) are so overdone. Let's wait until we actually hear the music. 

MaryJaneHolland

I want something that will rise her on the top (like Alejandro, Telephone, BTW etc.) and I'm sure that she will slay LG5 ... But the fact that we don't know anything about LG5 got me like :saladga:

I'm so glad we don't know stuff about the album and I hope it stays like that BUT the only thing that bothers me is not knowing the musical direction she's going for. I'm all here for organic, real instruments etc and this kind of direction would be the most logical for her after C2C, Oscars etc, cause she also has this whole new audience on her side after those performances who would buy her next album in a heart beat if she really does show off her vocals and growth as a songwriter on that but DAMN, I'm starting to doubt her and it bothers me. I just wish we knew which kind of sound she's going for. That's the only thing I would like to know...

If monsters support her the way they did during BTW, then she is destined to have success. She won new fans through the collaboration with Tony and a lot of people are excited to see what she's going to do after her stellar performance at the Oscar's. We will see. :yes: 

blahblahblahhhh

Moderate success. ARTPOP wasn't that much of a flop. So, I would say something like that this time around.

Pop Art

-

xeynuraf

I think that the longer the album gets released the worst it will be. People have short attention spans. In the pop world now you are hot but not hot later. Look at what happened to Gwen Stefani. She was huge at one time at the beginning of her solo career. Her latest album was released after a while and it flopped hard. The same can be said about Rihanna now but she was lucky to release most of her successful albums back to back when she was hot. Gagz last number one was born this way and that was in 2011, so to the general public that's the last thing they probably heard from her. So I think that the timing might not help. I hope I am wrong and I do believe that charts shouldn't matter to fans at this point but if you are expecting a Sam Smith type of success you will be disappointed.

Born To Slay

I think that the longer the album gets released the worst it will be. People have short attention spans. In the pop world now you are hot but not hot later. Look at what happened to Gwen Stefani. She was huge at one time at the beginning of her solo career. Her latest album was released after a while and it flopped hard. The same can be said about Rihanna now but she was lucky to release most of her successful albums back to back when she was hot. Gagz last number one was born this way and that was in 2011, so to the general public that's the last thing they probably heard from her. So I think that the timing might not help. I hope I am wrong and I do believe that charts shouldn't matter to fans at this point but if you are expecting a Sam Smith type of success you will be disappointed.

Gagas last number one hit maybe been 2011 but she's had hits since then. Applause peaked at #4 and spent 14 weeks in the top 10 of the chart. It's also her biggest radio hit. DWUW did fairly well too.

Shaney

She's gonna have her gear in order. She should play to win and go full throttle. Time will tell but I hope she hires a killer team: Akerlund, Redone, Lawrence, Warren, Linda Perry, Adele, Bruno Mars, Ryan Tedder. Set the place on fire.

no klein?

LORD GAGA

gurl, i was inactive for so many months ago, and i still remember you for being a die hard madonna hater :P 

anyways, gaga is missing alot lately. if SIA can be both successful and artistic, why can't gaga?

I don't remember you, however from what you've said... I'm assuming you're one of the die hard madge fan that can't rationally like more than one artist... Sad but true. Bye.

Fiona Apple

Moderate success. ARTPOP wasn't that much of a flop. So, I would say something like that this time around.

Tbh that's the only thing that I am not expecting.I think that she will either do a lot better than ARTPOP (which didn't do that well mostly because of the HUGE negativity from the media and also the promotion) either she will slowly follow the Britney&Aguilera road

Archived