💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Caitlyn Jenner ESPYS award acceptance speech

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Wow, shedding light on the horrible crimes committed against trans people. Regardless of if you think she deserved the courage award or not, I think we can all say this was an amazing speech. 

Full introduction and speech: 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop

* HATE SPEECH FREE ZONE * 

Slay CAITLYN :applause:

SHE's gorgeous 

Though I am a bit skeptical as to why SHE deserves this award. There are trans that have been fighting a much longer fight that I think should of gotten this.

A bit of a hype got her this award tbh....

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

The Child

She deserves the courage award, she just had the courage to be truly herself. :applause:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Robotboy

wow i dont watch kardashians but from what i saw on that show she seemed trapped, depressed and now look at her shining. shes amazing :pray:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

PartySick

* HATE SPEECH FREE ZONE * 

Slay CAITLYN :applause:

SHE's gorgeous 

Though I am a bit skeptical as to why SHE deserves this award. There are trans that have been fighting a much longer fight that I think should of gotten this.

A bit of a hype got her this award tbh....

A high profile, Olympic "male" athlete turned reality TV star who, even knowing the horrible stigma against it, decided to truly be herself in front of the world and give some attention and recognition to the trans* community :yes: 

She deserves this so much :applause: 

đŸ–€

Staryu

I just cried watching this. Her message is so powerful and important and we can only hope that people will listen. Wonderful speech. :applause: 

RAMROD

Yaaas :applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

URFUTUREFAV

That standing ovation made me fall in tears

People hate what they don't understand.

Redstreak

Fantastic speech. I love that she's using her platform. She can really make a difference

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Brainiac

Good for her.

But imo Conchita should have won it, but I guess it's only an America exclusive thingy- 

This award is for athletes. Caitlyn (as Bruce) was one of the greatest Olympians of all time.

Chic

From my Facebook:

For all those saying that Caitlyn winning that award was unfair because it didn't put a spotlight on "braver" and "more deserving individuals", 90% of the people that watched tonight and got to witness the rest of the wonderful people who won the awards wouldn't have even known what the show was, nevermind watched it had it not been for Cait.

Sure, a lot of people would've been happier with another choice, but it would have amounted to a lot less recognition for those respected tonight and would have legitimately resulted in less people watching or being aware. If someone else had won, there would have been little to no publicity and the world wouldn't have seen just how amazing these brave people are. So if you think someone else should have won, then you are essentially saying that audience recognition and respect is worth less than a physical award.

Also, Caitlyn is a representative of the trans community, a group that needs the spotlight right now. When the homicide rate for trans people is currently statistically higher than most major wars throughout history, there's a lot to be said for bravery. 

Just sayin'

Melech

This award is for athletes. Caitlyn (as Bruce) was one of the greatest Olympians of all time.

oh whoops

From my Facebook:

For all those saying that Caitlyn winning that award was unfair because it didn't put a spotlight on "braver" and "more deserving individuals", 90% of the people that watched tonight and got to witness the rest of the wonderful people who won the awards wouldn't have even known what the show was, nevermind watched it had it not been for Cait.

Sure, a lot of people would've been happier with another choice, but it would have amounted to a lot less recognition for those respected tonight and would have legitimately resulted in less people watching or being aware. If someone else had won, there would have been little to no publicity and the world wouldn't have seen just how amazing these brave people are. So if you think someone else should have won, then you are essentially saying that audience recognition and respect is worth less than a physical award.

Also, Caitlyn is a representative of the trans community, a group that needs the spotlight right now. When the homicide rate for trans people is currently statistically higher than most major wars throughout history, there's a lot to be said for bravery. 

Just sayin'

Wouldn't compare it to wars but good text. 

Archived