💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"She created the world we live in," Diplo says about Madonna

Jjang

Featured Posts

ShockPop

If you're implying that sustaining a certain amount of hype for 3 decades is the norm then you must be delusional.

Madonna is a classically trained dancer that deliberately chose to perform structured choreographies. 

And despite being twice older than the current wave of pop stars, she's still more energetic than they ever were.

Awful music? explain her Grammys and widespread acclaim. :fat:

.... back in the day. Where were her Grammy for her last 2 albums? You can't give success based on old material.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser

Taking a purposely exaggerated statement in a literal sense is a sign for lack of intelligence, just saying.

I'm doing that to ridicule his quote and his way of thinking.

Jjang

.... back in the day. Where were her Grammy for her last 2 albums? You can't give success based on old material.

Her past 2 albums may have been weak in comparison to her older material, but they were not bad as whole. That though, is irrelevant to the topic in hand ; commercial success does not require quality. 

He claims that if Ghosttown had been released by any other current hot pop star it would have been a hit with an ease, and on that I agree with him.

Psychedelic

The same way you can't give legacy based on current acclaim and success. :hunty:

Once again Madonna has little left to prove so :miley: ... And although I agree her late material isn't as good, you people here try to make it out as something it isn't, it is not garbage, it's better than much music that's succesful today, but these "artists" are given the chance because they're young!

For instance, I don't believe that Meghan Trainor's tunes or Katy's albums are far better from what has released, yet Madonna hasn't succeeded because apparently "young audiences" aren't interested in music by 56 yo!

ShockPop

The same way you can't give legacy based on current acclaim and success. :hunty:

Once again Madonna has little left to prove so :miley: ... And although I agree her late material isn't as good, you people here try to make it out as something it isn't, it is not garbage, it's better than many music that's succesful today, but these "artists" are given the chance because they're young!

you can damage a legacy. She did very well for someone so vocally inept but her desperation got the better of her.

ShockPop

Her past 2 albums may have been weak in comparison to her older material, but they were not bad as whole. That though, is irrelevant to the topic in hand ; commercial success does not require quality. 

He claims that if Ghosttown had been released by any other current hot pop star it would have been a hit with an ease, and on that I agree with him.

that's a rhetoric that cannot be proven or disputed... except with examples of similar songs not doing as well either.

Jjang

I'm doing that to ridicule his quote and his way of thinking.

You still didn't achieve a point by skipping his and choosing to hijack a frivolous statement, though! 

Jjang

you can damage a legacy. She did very well for someone so vocally inept but her desperation got the better of her.

A non materialistic legacy can never be destroyed.

Psychedelic

People have talked sh!t about Madonna way long before she even had a legacy and STILL managed to get one, so I don't think this is damaging anything, on the contrary she keeps building it, maybe not in the same way, but still putting bricks on top... while others choose to sit down and just observe to criticize.

And desperation is you, opinating and having so much interest in someone you dislike to a big extent. At least Madonna is STILL making money out of her "desperation"

MoeConcepts

Ghost town is a good song but L4L had such indistinct production. Madge's voice is hiding the bass which is one of the more enjoyable parts of the song. Also M can't hit any of the notes she needs to, to make the song believable when she sang it live. If L4L would have highlighted the instrumental more it could have faired better (imo). Then she tried to fix the boo boo with GT but nope. Too late. I blame diplo. Hopefully Gaga is allergic to him so he can't come near her. :wtfga:

androiduser

on the contrary she keeps building it, maybe not in the same way, but still putting bricks on top.

the mere fact that she doesn't even perform singles from her previous few albums anymore is enough proof that she's not building anything anymore.

Are we ever again going to hear 4 Minutes, Give Me All Your Love, Turn up the Radio...?

Yet we keep hearing the old hits over and over again.. that's legacy versus nothing

Psychedelic

the mere fact that she doesn't even perform singles from her previous few albums anymore is enough proof that she's not building anything anymore.

Are we ever again going to hear 4 Minutes, Give Me All Your Love, Turn up the Radio...?

Yet we keep hearing the old hits over and over again.. that's legacy versus nothing

Talk for yourself... I'd love to hear Give It 2 Me and Girl Gone Wild in the new tour, play any of these at a dance club and people will blast... so :miley: 

Economy

I agree with him very much. I can't stand the hate she's getting these days. It's the same hate that Gaga was getting from 2011 until 2014.

its like ur expected to die after a certain age in this industry...

legends usually remain successful only with their fan base etc

Madonna kinda defies that... shes one of the very few in the music industry that after so long gets quite a bit of media attention and she also gets huge tour success

PPL dont seem to like that shes still relevant and like to pertend shes irrelevant just because the radio singles dont succeed much (even though singles in relatity gross less income or success than any other aspect making them overrated by the public)

although to be fair, she does have an obnoxious attitude much of the time and these days often seems to make desperate attempts to stay relevant which can be a bit of a turn off... but that doesnt invalidate her success :shrug:

MoeConcepts

Erm yeah 'cause everybody every where talk about their huge contribution to The pop industry and are The biggest pop stars ever? They were great and all but NOWHERE near The level of Madonna. She did invent The  modern concept of pop star. She combined everything those women before her were into one package. You do realise that The Madonna and M Jackson level of fame was like all modern time pop stars combined? They were insanely huge! And yeah, they did invent The pop world we live in. 

Please explain modern concept of popstar

Jjang

She performs Celebration & Give It 2 Me in the MDNA tour. 

And its not her fault she has a vast list of classics that she's obligated to perform in her tours which leave little to no room for newer songs.

She is adding up to her legacy by doing what she always does ; challenging social taboos. This time around she's battling with ageism.

Archived