Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why a self titled album is the best way to go

Versace

Featured Posts

Bradley

I don't really like self titled albums. 

Avril Lavigne & Britney Jean both flopped. 

They don't seem to do too good. 

Actually it all depends on the artist and the management team regarding the commercial performance of the album. BEYONCE was a commercial success, Britney's third album "Britney" was even a bigger hit than BEYONCE. So the above two examples that you've given don't mean that Gaga will equally flop like them.

OT: I think GAGA is a pretty good idea but NOT NOW. Not after ARTPOP and Cheek to Cheek. She needs to put herself back onto the game and I want gimmicks, not toned-down Gaga again. We had toned-downGa in Cheek to Cheek already. Not to mention a personal album can only be relatable to the fans, the GP might not find the album relevant. I'm not saying she should steer away from eponymous titles forever, but maybe not for the next one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SamuelTanner

Gaga can make a deeply personal album without it being self-titled. Why not name it after her favorite song on the album? Or name it after an experience she had that inspired a number of the tracks? 

If She Named After An Experience She Had You'd Be There All Day Cuz We Know How Much Detail Gaga Likes To Have In Her Story's! Maybe She Could Put An Expirence In The Booklet?

Archived