opinion

Gaga is the only female popstar whos next era can be successful

HighwayGuy

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPchamp

yes, she lost very much with ARTPOP, but she didn't lose everything, cause she still had bucketloads

she was now coming from AP era with very little, and was able to rebuild some of her glory, presenting her true talent to the world, but it can be lost in a second if she does a mistake (like doing something shocking/gimmicky for GP standards like meat dress for the lead single, she could be dragged so much)

at this point, I think people expect her to show :

1) conventional artistry through her voice and lyrics a la Adele (smth generally applaudable like she showed them she's capable of with Oscars performance) and

2) lots of great, epic-sounding catchy melodies, but not anything goofy and 'gimmicky' in their point of view

- if she fails with these two, I think it will be another "album for fans" and she'll finally fall into oblivion or a shadow of what she was in the past - it'll be 5 years since her last successful album at this point next year

so she has a really hard and tricky job to do with this album, and I can't wait to see how she will achieve it

I kind of disagree with you on this. I think what people expect are amazing performances from Gaga above everything, more so than catchy melodies. ARTPOP had several catchy melodies, but I feel it relied on hooks and catchiness that Gaga did before such as "aura-ah-ah" and ma-ma-MANiCURE, applause-plause, etc; that's a technique used since Just Dance and Poker Face and Paparazzi. And then in Bad Romance. Gaga can't rely on that first letter/syllable or last syllable repetition to make the music catchy, she's used it so often. More than catchiness, I think music videos that draw the viewer in and incorporate real life topics people are grabbed by will benefit her more greatly. 

What people really expect from Gaga and what I believe will benefit her the most is doing the unexpected, it's what people fell in love with, Lady Gaga: expect the unexpected, even when we expected something, Gaga hit back harder with something completely new and even more unexpected.. switching genres entirely could work. Sure pop fans want her to do pop but I feel that fanbase is maxed out at this current time, there's so much, everyone else is yearning for something different. I feel the jump to jazz music was too much for people to take, Monsters especially, I think if Gaga can do the unexpected and make a jump to something like pop/rock or punk rock or music more rock influenced, it'll win a lot of fans over, new ones in fact. And with that, make music videos and performances that really grab the viewer's interest, if she can do that, the next era will be a slam dunk. 

HighwayGuy

Def Jam apparently has plans for Leona Lewis in the next few months to get her back on top. 

I really hope so!!!:wao:

Brooke Hoegan

the more artists create for others the more art is ****ing dead. we dont need more mindless pop dribble. if gaga released an album on par with like, LP1 by fka twigs but didnt receive number 1s on the chart, i wouldnt care, and thats a stupid thing to care about. 

you're basically implying that an artist can do deep, niche album, or shallow, commercial one, which is totally seeing the situation in black and white and wrong

Gaga can do both deep and commercial album, but she really has to focus, which I'm sure she's trying her best, but we will really only see it after it's released if she succeeded

and you're also saying that people want from her some shallow pop, which I think isn't true at all at this point (if they would, ARTPOP with some of its tracks would have sold like BTW or even better)

at this point, people don't want to see any more gimmicks from her, and want an album in which she shows conventional artistry, something like what she showed at the Oscars, something like Adele's 21 or even a standard rock album - not a bubblegum pop record, cause that's what she was being associated with since The Fame and that's the image people destroyed with big pleasure in ARTPOP era

Brooke Hoegan

I kind of disagree with you on this. I think what people expect are amazing performances from Gaga above everything, more so than catchy melodies. ARTPOP had several catchy melodies, but I feel it relied on hooks and catchiness that Gaga did before such as "aura-ah-ah" and ma-ma-MANiCURE, applause-plause, etc; that's a technique used since Just Dance and Poker Face and Paparazzi. And then in Bad Romance. Gaga can't rely on that first letter/syllable or last syllable repetition to make the music catchy, she's used it so often. More than catchiness, I think music videos that draw the viewer in and incorporate real life topics people are grabbed by will benefit her more greatly. 

What people really expect from Gaga and what I believe will benefit her the most is doing the unexpected, it's what people fell in love with, Lady Gaga: expect the unexpected, even when we expected something, Gaga hit back harder with something completely new and even more unexpected.. switching genres entirely could work. Sure pop fans want her to do pop but I feel that fanbase is maxed out at this current time, there's so much, everyone else is yearning for something different. I feel the jump to jazz music was too much for people to take, Monsters especially, I think if Gaga can do the unexpected and make a jump to something like pop/rock or punk rock or music more rock influenced, it'll win a lot of fans over, new ones in fact. And with that, make music videos and performances that really grab the viewer's interest, if she can do that, the next era will be a slam dunk. 

no, we totally agree on this, "relying on the first letter/syllable or last syllable repetition" is what people think of as one of her biggest gimmicks, so she should totally work on this subject

what I was trying to say is that she should base catchiness more on the pure musical/melodical side

and I also agree she should really rethink what she wants to show people with her music videos - I love her dancing and all, but that's just a formula she's having from the start - when I saw GUY MV for the first time, the first thing I thought to myself was "nothing new", also, people don't find her latest videos entertaining and that's a huge problem too - I hope she and her profesional team will solve it somehow

Tumblr

This thread is embarrassing omfg

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Gaga can slay WITH other acts as well, like in 2011

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

aaronyoji

you're basically implying that an artist can do deep, niche album, or shallow, commercial one, which is totally seeing the situation in black and white and wrong

Gaga can do both deep and commercial album, but she really has to focus, which I'm sure she's trying her best, but we will really only see it after it's released if she succeeded

and you're also saying that people want from her some shallow pop, which I think isn't true at all at this point (if they would, ARTPOP with some of its tracks would have sold like BTW or even better)

at this point, people don't want to see any more gimmicks from her, and want an album in which she shows conventional artistry, something like what she showed at the Oscars, something like Adele's 21 or even a standard rock album - not a bubblegum pop record, cause that's what she was being associated with since The Fame and that's the image people destroyed with big pleasure in ARTPOP era

i guess i didnt quite understand your tone at first because i agree with you more now, i dont want a bubblegum pop record either, far from it. i just want to see her truly truly evolve, regardless of how its perceived. 

Brooke Hoegan

i guess i didnt quite understand your tone at first because i agree with you more now, i dont want a bubblegum pop record either, far from it. i just want to see her truly truly evolve, regardless of how its perceived. 

yes, people are very ready to see deep, meaningful and mature side of her artistry, and one can easily see it if goes for example on YT for the Oscars performance, apart from the hateful comments, the rest of commenters are basically screaming "we finally want to see THAT Gaga on her next album !!!"

Archived