đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DJWS to QUIT DJ'ing/Producing?

RegiRey

Featured Posts

RegiRey

:saladga: I need DJWS trap/pop music FOREVER tbh

Anyway, this article DJWS retweeted twice on twitter, states "Blair says he's moving away from spinning toward helping others pursue their musical vision. He began his own publishing company called Life on Planes, which feature such artists as Okan, Richard Pearl, Scott Gerbosi and Michael Vasquez" 

CIrxUHIWcAAtDMh.jpg

I googled the artists featured in the article and they worked on ARTPOP. Possibly LG5 since they are producers or mixers. :udidnt:

Okan tweeted the photo of the article. https://twitter.com/OkanMusic

Rick Pearl is an expert synthesizer programmer who has spent decades studying synthesis and developing a particular skill in reverse-engineering synthesizer sounds. He has created sounds on dozens of hardware and software synthesizers for live performance and studio work and has programmed libraries for several lines of Yamaha synthesizers.Rick has reverse-engineered synthesizer sounds from album tracks for professional keyboard players to use on tours and designs sounds for studio work. Most recently, Rick was credited as an Additional Programmer on several tracks on Lady Gaga's ARTPOP. Rick also composes and produces pop, rock, and EDM music. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jdpatfig

Scott Gerbosi One-half of Chicago-based house music production duo Soundpusher (with Scott Gerbosi), Zisis is also adept as a rock guitarist. His non-Soundpusher credits in mainstream music only include working on Lady Gaga’s album. https://myspace.com/article/2013/11/12/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-album-credits    "Myspace" :awkney:

Michael Vasquez No info available.

Also, I believe producer Nick Monson is part of DJWS's company. Nick Monson recently produced Selena Gomez's "Good for You" and published by DJWS. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/nick-monson-mn0001856532/credits

So much info I know, but do you think he will stop making music to focus on publishing?

thoughts? :emma:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Palutena

Aren't his detractors just going to have a field day with this, despite the fact that they couldn't produce themselves out of a paper bag.

6AkxNIj.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Didymus

Well, from all the evidence you posted I'd say yes :Chica: Wouldn't you?

I can't at him writing "art pop" though.

LoveandMagic

Interesting, but I think it's hard for any musician/singer/DJ to really quit music. If he does, I expect him to come back eventually. He seems passionate about it.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

RegiRey

Well, from all the evidence you posted I'd say yes :Chica: Wouldn't you?

I can't at him writing "art pop" though.

I know right :fail:

Aren't his detractors just going to have a field day with this, despite the fact that they couldn't produce themselves out of a paper bag.

6AkxNIj.png

whats detractors? :confused:

RegiRey

Interesting, but I think it's hard for any musician/singer/DJ to really quit music. If he does, I expect him to come back eventually. He seems passionate about it.

He better, his EP's play me tbh "ratchet" :legend:

Lady Palutena

I know right :fail:

whats detractors? :confused:

A detractor is someone who criticizes another person and finds fault within them like a lot of members on this site do to DJWS even though their production experience is non-existent.

BTXcf53.png

Red

Whatever gets him dat dollas I guess

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Jonna Lee

good

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Jonna Lee

A detractor is someone who criticizes another person and finds fault within them like a lot of members on this site do to DJWS even though their production experience is non-existent.

BTXcf53.png

but does one really need to have any knowledge of the production of electronic music to agree his style is ****

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

RegiRey

BTXcf53.png

yaaaasss he gets so much hate sometimes :saladga:

monketsharona

He didn't exclude the idea of working on Gaga's next album, so I don't think he's completely one with producing and djing...

Lady Palutena

but does one really need to have any knowledge of the production of electronic music to agree his style is ****

That's up for interpretation but as my Mother always tells me: if you want to criticize someone else's work, you have to prove you can do a better job.

BTXcf53.png

Archived