💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga Ready To Take On An RnB Album?

Tropico

Featured Posts

adamsenigma

I've always had problems with R&B. I would like her to stick to pop/rock for LG4/5/6

R&B its such a popular genre now again, so it could be great. Can u imagine an album with songs like DWUW and SHICD? Flawless. :sis:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

R&B its such a popular genre now again, so it could be great. Can u imagine an album with songs like DWUW and SHICD? Flawless. :sis:

this is also ttrue! RnB is certainly in right now. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

ARTPOPchamp

We've discussed the possibility of Gaga doing pop, Gaga doing different types of rock, acoustic album and even more jazz. 

But is Gaga Ready to take on RnB? The genre is definitely a hard one to do properly. Anobody can attempt any genre and do it in a mediocre way but can Gaga pull off RnB professionally. 

I'd honestly love to see her try. She has developed these power house vocals and I'd love to see her do modern RnB (god forbid she does 90's RnB :rip:) like Tinashe  and Beyonce. Could you imagine Gaga pulling off Love On Top (which is said to be Bey 's most vocally demanding song)?

And yes I know we have DWUW  and SHICD and those tracks are GREAT but she was only dipping her feet in the water. She hadn't really pushed boundaries and made it individual like she could if she was given the chance to do an RnB record. 

So over this topic of discussion. Already enough R&B girls and Gaga has made alot of music influenced by R&B - a number of songs from The Fame featured R&B melodies mixed with pop, then there was Do What U Want. It would be a repetitive sound, and it's a boring genre. 

Sister

It is not my favorite genre, but I like some of the older R&B and I like Drake, but I do believe that Gaga could be really great with these songs and that you can already hear it's influence in many of her past songs. So, yes, she could try it sometime. DWUW is great to me.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Tropico

So over this topic of discussion. Already enough R&B girls and Gaga has made alot of music influenced by R&B - a number of songs from The Fame featured R&B melodies mixed with pop, then there was Do What U Want. It would be a repetitive sound, and it's a boring genre. 

Don't come with that "so over this topic" stuff when you make 1619 threads about Gaga doing rock and other genres. The hypocrisy.

And this "enough RnB girls" excuse is ridiculous because the genre is dominated by men and there's enough rock artists too. Again: hypocrisy.

I already mentioned DWUW but thanks for repeating what I said I guess? 

The Fame was a pop record for the most part and there was close to NO RnB influence. Meanwhile, BTW was definitely inspired by rock. For the third time: hypocrisy. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Pain of fame1

this is also ttrue! RnB is certainly in right now. 

isnt SHICD a pop record? What makes it RnB? And what popular songs nowadays are RNB¿

LoveandMagic

I think she could do it, sure. She really seems eager to show off her vocal capabilities and we know from the Oscars that she has the dedication and talent to really train her voice for a sound. 

Honestly, I would prefer some type of fusion or hybrid type album rather than just one genre flat out, particularly RnB, even though there are a lot of genres I would definitely like to see her do. However, RnB is a genre I think she will continue to get her feet wet in, and I think we will get a full RnB album at some point from her.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Higher

She definitely has the voice for it.

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

The Child

I can't at the Rock Stans getting all "no rnb is a boring genre"

Excuse me but if you think so what are you doing in this thread ?

We would like Gaga to experiment with Rnb and you would like RockGa.

Let us talk here and go make another thread about RockGa.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bad Monster Kid

Yes. I would love an album called 'Chameleon'. 5 songs of each genre on the album. Pop, rock, country, Rnb. It would become such an iconic album. 

Versace

In my opinion this the order of genres she is good at to least I guess

1-POP (including all it's sub genres such as electronic music)- 90% of her discography

2-R&B- Paper Gangsta, So Happy I Could Die, Do What U Want and the unreleased masterpiece Second Time Around

3-Jazz- I mean she's great at it but I can't judge fully till I hear some original jazz songs not covers

4-Rock- rock is tricky since there are also types of rock, Gaga has never touched on Hard Rock Songs , I don't know what her rock covers would be considered but she certainty hasn't covered or made anything similar to the rock work of Kiss, Black Veil Brides and not even Rock with hints of pop such as the songs Bring Me Back To Life or Numb. Also she hasn't done a lot of Rock Pop examples of it are mainly in Pink and Avril's discography. Really guys I don't know where Gaga stands with rock , BTW had slight rock elements here and there but other than that I haven't heard it anywhere on her own songs maybe a subtle hint in MANiCURE.

4-Country- Born This Way (country version) and You&I both have country elements , they are both great but again similar to rock I don't where she stands with this genre there is not much to go by or judge how good she is at it

5-Hip Hop/Rap/Urban/wtv u wanna call it- Jewels&Drugs was enough tbh

So conclusively if it's anything Gaga can do as good as she does Pop it's R&B , I would love an R&B album if it had some Pop songs same way Taylor's Red had Country songs and some pop songs.

blacklistedd

I like her rnb vocals sometimes but sometimes they sound pretty bad, like on the b---h don't kill my vibe demo and partynauseous demo.

Im not interested in urban gaga after ARTPOP. the idea intrigued me but once I heard what her going into urban territory amounted to I was like nah. Yes DWUW is an album highlight but an album with more rnb will result in more clunkers than accomplishments imo. Its not her forte.

blacklistedd

3-Jazz- I mean she's great at it but I can't judge fully till I hear some original jazz songs not covers

It irks me when people harp on the fact that C2C is an album of "covers". Because in jazz its not considered "covers" per say, they're classic songs that an overwhelming amount of jazz artists have done their own renditions of. Its not the same as in pop music when an artist covers a song, in jazz it has its own legitimate credibility. I'd go as far as to argue that a good majority of jazz records are covers/renditions/etc.

freebit

I'd love a R&B record from her. I want an album full of s-x jams/Janet-inspired songs from her someday. She's got the voice for it.

That said, she's so hyper that I don't know if she'd really be down for something so s-xy and chill as opposed to something as exuberant and electrifying as rock. 

I do think she could possibly pull off a modern hybrid of both somehow. After all, rock is originally descended from R&B.

Archived