Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Another John Green novel coming to the big screen!

retroglamx

Featured Posts

retroglamx

(For starters, refrain from the "i don't know ha" gifs or posts please. You all cried with TFIOS. :green:)

John Green, author of the highly acclaimed YA novels turned into movies The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns (in US theaters July 24.) has confirmed via his Twitter that yet another one of his novels is getting a movie adaptation. Looking For Alaska (originally released in 2005) has already been given the green light by Paramount and also has a confirmed director Becca Thomas.

2n1z3b9.png

John also wrote on his Tumblr:

"Becca gets Alaska–she wrote me this letter that just made it clear to me that she gets it way deep down, and if you’ve seen her movie Electrick Children you’ll know she has a really cool visual imagination. I am not by nature optimistic, but I think it could be a really great movie."

And he also had a Reddit chat where he gave out a little more info:

"And I have to say that I’m really grateful to Paramount for being so open to my concerns and responding in a way that has made it possible for me to feel genuinely excited about the prospect of a LfA movie, even if I am of course still somewhat apprehensive just because the story is so personal to me and I know it also means a lot to many readers."

So, what do y'all think? Are you a fan of John or any of his novels? Personally, I adored TFIOS and the movie adaptation was perfect. I am looking forward to Paper Towns (the book was lovely) and honestly, Looking For Alaska is my favorite work of his. Can't wait to watch the movie. :zilla:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Creyk

Am I the only one who never bothered to watch The Fault in Our Stars?

After hearing what it was about I just wasn't interested:neyde:

OBEY

****ING SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

LOOKING FOR ALASKA IS LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!

tumblr_n52z62aiIT1qi946qo2_250.gif

retroglamx

Am I the only one who never bothered to watch The Fault in Our Stars?

After hearing what it was about I just wasn't interested:neyde:

I guess the movie was made for fans of the book, I wouldn't normally be interested in a love story with a sad ending where the protagonists are fighting cancer but he has a very peculiar way of writing you know? It's very natural and it doesn't feel forced. I loved the fact that he was present on set every single day of shooting for both TFIOS and Paper Towns just to make sure that the actors are really capturing the characters emotions. :flutter:

StarstruckIllusion

*vomits green paint on Gaga as Haven't We Had Enough by Marianas Trench plays in the background*

Creyk

****ING SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

LOOKING FOR ALASKA IS LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!

tumblr_n52z62aiIT1qi946qo2_250.gif

what is the book about? your enthusiasm is intriguing :hunty:

retroglamx

*vomits green paint on Gaga as Haven't We Had Enough by Marianas Trench plays in the background*

i1i2qu.gif

OBEY

Im gonna need another drink to forget i just heard that

tumblr_mdl8h7CqDJ1ry6exno1_500.gif

super ultra

it was the only book by him that I've read. The story is okay but I think it's a little bit boring. It's probably gonna very popular like TFIOS (haven't watched it yet and don't want to lol) but I don't know should I watch it or not :giggle:

OBEY

what is the book about? your enthusiasm is intriguing :hunty:

Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, s-xy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

Creyk

Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, s-xy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

so its an adolescent love story in a private school setting?

Pure Adrenaline

nooooo TFIOS was **** movie :neyde:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

monsterdreams

I enjoyed the book of Looking for Alaska, might see it idk

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

OBEY

Yes but it slays and you will deal 

tumblr_mk6vk5gH5n1qzyznvo9_250.gif

retroglamx

There. :green: 

Archived