💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Tidal loses its second CEO in two months

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Jay Z's streaming site Tidal has seen its second CEO leave in two months, for unknown reasons.

Peter Tonstad replaced Andy Chen in April but has now left the company himself, according to The Wrap.

In a statement the company said: "We are thankful to Peter for stepping in as interim CEO and wish him the best for the future.

"Tidal will be transitioning to a permanent CEO as part of our strategic plan to create a leading platform, and current executives in New York and Oslo will continue to lead our rapidly developing innovation and content initiatives until our new CEO is in place."

The company apologized last week for screwing up the world premiere of Madonna's new music video 'Bitch I'm Madonna'.

The main issue came just after three minutes into the visual, when the video would simply crash the application it was running on.

Source: http://m.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a654621/tidal-loses-its-second-ceo-in-two-months-as-peter-tonstad-departs.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk#~pgtbj84WTLnlu1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Tidal is already dead...

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Haroon

If he stepped in as an interim CEO then it makes sense and that's alright :shrug: 

TimisaMonster

TIDAL is a flop project... What were those people thinking when they signed up and subscribed to it? :duck:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The Child

Time to delete it fat already.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

OBEY

"unknown reasons"

i wonder what that reason is

i think it starts with an F and ends with a P, but that's just speculation.

tumblr_mkqyrqlYTI1r8rr38o5_250.png

URFUTUREFAV

RIP Tidal. 

The worst human mistake since George Bush's reelection.

THIS IS JUST EVERYTHING.

SLAY DREW.

People hate what they don't understand.

Kulture Kiari

I wonder what Madonna is thinking after the company she is part up fcked up her video premiere. 

Sebastien

I think people are being unfair when it comes to Tidal.

So what, they tried to make a new music service and make some money as a group. Is there really something that bad about getting some artists together and trying to make money off an idea? And at the end of the day, they're allowed to sell or feature their music however they want.

Too bad for them, it didn't work out. However, the Tidal hate, and many being thrilled that it failed is really pointless and pathetic in my opinion. I don't find happiness in other's failures, that's just me.

I even spoke to some people who enjoy Tidal and weren't aware of all this hate because they're not on music forums or anything :miley:

Vernier

Submitting his resume to Apple as we speak :hunty: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived