💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jessica Lange: "I have no idea if Gaga is an actor or not."

PatrickMonster

Featured Posts

Jessica is not pressed. We have not seen Gaga actually act in a production this big. She will be one of the main characters, not a 5 second cameo.

I am actually worried. I'm rooting for Gaga but if her acting is tragic we will have a ****load of backlash.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melech

I'm sorry but Jessica is being really immature about it all...

Every reply just has this underlying tone of jelousy or something, i have no idea. Its making her look really bad and I've actually lost some respect for her, with all the ways she's answering these questions about gaga.

It's like she's mad that Gaga's taken her place? Just say that you're happy with her and leave at that. Being shady isn't always a good thing, it makes you look pressed and immature

How is she jealous omg :rip: 

flopheart

She's right, we don't know if she's a good actress or not, we can't say it just for her performances or the cameos in machete and sin city, we have to wait and see :awkney: even if i can say I totally trust in Gaga and i know she's a professionist so she'll really focus on trying do her best.

Nicole

While her reply does seem to have a negative tone to it, she's not really lying? We've only ever seen Gaga make small cameos, and performing on stage is a lot different to screen acting.

The sad thing is, even if Gaga's acting isn't up to par with the other actors and the expectations from the AHS following, most people in this fanbase is gonna act like she deserves an Emmy anyway lol. I'm confident in Gaga's acting potential, but I'll be watching this season as a fan of AHS, not as a fan of Gaga and if she doesn't live up to the franchise I'm not gonna pretend she has. I'm confident she'll try her best though and I appreciate that itself at the end of the day.

PoshLife

She had the same attitude about Caitlyn Jenner. I think she has a really big ego, and being asked about other people annoys her. You need to follow the threads. She didn't want to answer the first question about whether she wanted to work with Gaga, she acted like she had no idea what Twitter was when asked about Caitlyn, now she's talking about all the OTHER people on the show when asked about Gaga again. If she doesn't like talking about other people, she should just say so rather than dodging the questions in this weird way.

Compare her answers to those of the other AHS troupe. They've all been enthusiastic, or at least gracious, when asked about Gaga. That's how to be civil. I think Ms. Lange is coming off as arrogant.

Caesium

She's completely right though. I'm scared Gaga's going to be awful compared to the other actors but hopefully she'll pull through and it will be great. I'd rather Jessica be honest rather than be a total lick ass.

Mess at her not even knowing the next season is Hotel though, girl wasn't lying when she said she doesn't even pay attention to the show after it's been filmed :deadbanana:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

monketsharona

Someone's pressed...

No she's not... On the contrary she gives her a chance to prove she's good...

I don't see why she would be pressed. I mean Gaga hasn't taken her job, Jessica Lange has left because she decided to. And I'm pretty the day she wants to return they'll take her back.

Bradley

Gaga has never acted except that tiny part in a movie and a skit on SNL.  So she has nothing to go off of.   How in the world is she supposed to say she's a great actor?  Gaga isn't an actor technically with a body of experience.  Gaga will have to prove herself, as should be the case.  Jessica is an actor with years of experience.  She was very polite in response to the question..

Fair enough, if you say so. But Marry the Night is quite an evidence.

ARTPOPdidntflop

How is she jealous omg :rip: 

Because now gaga is the lead of AHS, and she's so pressed in all of her interviews about this topic

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Bebe

She had the same attitude about Caitlyn Jenner. I think she has a really big ego, and being asked about other people annoys her. You need to follow the threads. She didn't want to answer the first question about whether she wanted to work with Gaga, she acted like she had no idea what Twitter was when asked about Caitlyn, now she's talking about all the OTHER people on the show when asked about Gaga again. If she doesn't like talking about other people, she should just say so rather than dodging the questions in this weird way.

Compare her answers to those of the other AHS troupe. They've all been enthusiastic, or at least gracious, when asked about Gaga. That's how to be civil. I think Ms. Lange is coming off as arrogant.

On Caitlyn Jenner she said that she didn't know what a twitter trend was, which is fair, she is 66. My mother is in her early 50's and has no idea what I mean if I say something is trending on twitter. In the end, when it was explained that a lot of people think they look alike she responded with “That’s so wonderful. Well now I’m going to have to look for that picture.” which is a perfectly nice answer.

I also think her response to Gaga is fair, not arrogant. I think she is being rather diplomatic about it. She said that she knows nothing about the season, it's plot, the characters or whether she is a good actor (we don't know any of this either) but she added "I have no idea if she’s an actor or not. But I’m sure it will all work out" and praised the writers and actors around her (who she knows) saying "all I can say is she’s going to have good writing and she’s going to have great actors to work with. It’s a good start."

She is praising what she knows about the show, saying she trusts the writers and actors, but can't really comment on Gaga's ability as an actor - just saying that she is sure it will work out and that she has great people around her which is a good start.

I think a lot of people here are used to Gaga being praised to the heavens by everyone, this is an area we haven't really seen her in before. You can't really expect people to praise her acting skills when we haven't seen much of her acting. This isn't criticism or hate, this is just somebody who isn't commenting on Gaga's acting skills.

monketsharona

Because now gaga is the lead of AHS, and she's so pressed in all of her interviews about this topic

hum Jessica hasn't been fired, it was her decision to leave. 

ryhanna

I feel the same way. We don't really know how capable Gaga really is as an actress.

I mean, we've seen her act before. She's had parts in Machete, The Simpsons, she's acted in her music videos (although chances are Jessica has never seen any of Gaga's previous roles). But those parts are very, very different to a major (lead?) role in a tv series. It requires a lot more skill to carry a series than to have small roles, cameos, and music video monologues. 

We'll just to wait and see how Gaga goes with AHS. I'm definitely curious to see how well she performs. I think her smaller roles so far have been a bit hit and miss.

ryhanna

I doubt she's jealous. She chose to leave, so it's not like she was forced out in favour of Gaga. People keep asking her about Gaga, but the truth is she probably just doesn't have an opinion about Gaga being on the show because she doesn't know what Gaga's capable of.

Her answers might be a lot different if Gaga had a well known acting career, but AHS is her first major role. She probably hasn't seen Gaga act before, and therefore feels like she can't answer the question.

Her response to this question, to me, reads more like "I've not familiar with her work so I don't know if she's a talented actress or not, but either way she will have fantastic writing and other actors to work with" than anything rude or envious. 

Archived