💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was wrong with Gaga's image?

Hexxx

Featured Posts

Hexxx

I noticed that after C2C and the Oscar performance,  she received a lot of praise and everyone was saying that she was cleaning her image. What was wrong with her image? i thought everyone saw Gaga as a sweet, talented and loving person. We had a lot of great performances and she's been dressing very beautifully the past two years and now. Did i miss something?

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

SlaeUrAnus

Her image was starting to get dated and the whole "mystery" about her wore off. 

Then she went to Lady without the Gaga and the general public finally got to see her raw talent behind the costumes and gimmicks. 

In my messy era.

It was a very simple look for her, and on a huge event.

Plus, her performance lacked any shock appeal or avant-garde aspects. People saw her stripped down.

Gaga is an extremely controversial artist & often people view her as unconventional or as "the weird one".... they're dumb, but also the media has been hating on her forever, especially since ARTPOP "underperformed", many people also didn't recognize her talent until recently, bunch of dumbasses

The Professor

She was stale. Trying the ole' shock 'em again and again.

I mean, if anybody else had been puked on it would have been enormous, but since it was gaga everyone was just kinda over it. 

Now she's going back to basics, shocking people with her raw talent because pretty much nothing she could do in terms of fashion/schtick would make an impression

Mister Gaga

Her image started to fall in 2011. She wasn't mysterious or shocking. 2012 was like a blackout of social media, and half of 2013 too. When she came back, people had only bad words for her...

DrewStevens

I guess they mean that she was a mess during the ARTPOP era and she seems to have gotten her **** together for this era. 

mariomania1234

People are just stupid. If they don't understand something or think it's too weird they just shut it down all together. Fortunately, that's not really Gaga's problem. It's theirs.

Sister

I think that Gaga reached Marilyn Manson status with her image at the beginning and people were scared and confused about her, but later, as she grew, people saw what was underneath all of that image and admitted to her talents. I think that that is a great thing about her, she can decide to turn it up or down and make it all seem natural and true. That is a perfect aspect of a true performer.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

JustPokeHerFace

Honestly, part of it was Gaga's style was being diluted and used by her other contemporaries to the point where it was seen as gimmicky across the board, and when they all ditched it but Gaga kept it, people saw it as a tired gimmick. It took a reinvention for them to see otherwise, and I'm glad to see her open to reinventing; it will be helpful (and at times necessary) throughout her career. 

Benji

During ARTPOP she looked like the embodiment of that old joke about her rolling around in glue, she was recycling things she's done before (like being puked on but not doing it as well as she did previously) and she was also (sorry 'bout it) b---hing about things that were first world celebrity problems.

She was just generally being a bit of a mess  :lolgaga:

Saying all of this though, it isn't all her problem. I mean her team/management/old friends were falling apart around her and it seemed every f*cker wanted to mess around with her album so the blame isn't at all hers.

Hexxx

i kinda got the feeling too that she was losing her shock factor. i still hope she continues to have her over the top costumes on stage. even though it seems tired i think she can find a better way to execute her acts

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

There really nothin with her image for us as monster, but for the gp , the critics who had problem with her image . Ever since  ARTPOP , the critics backlashing at Gaga because of the underperforms of the era and Born This Way  a lot of the critics and gp were blinded and disgrass by her for way she look on the outside but never knew the raw talent she had and that she not no ordinary Pop star . When C2C, the Grammy performace, the Stevie Wonder Tribute , the sting tribute , and the Oscar performace . **** hit the ball park and left every person  who  think she would be a one hit wonder or can't sing shut there mouths . Gaga did this for reason b/c must have been tired of the media ,and the  gp thinking she was not talented . 

djBuffoon

There are a lot of squares in this world, who will write off anything that doesn't conform to their idea of "normal" as weird, gimmicky, fake, etc.

And even though Gaga throws herself into her work with abandon and heart, people wanted to see the "real her", not realizing that the make-up and costumes and theatrics are her idea of authenticity and vulnerability.

Archived