💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga do the RIGHT THING by "letting the world INSIDE"?

OBEY

Featured Posts

Benji

Bumping this thread because this is actually quite an interesting discussion we could all chip in to.

'Letting the world in' was fine, it was just the fact it often came across as overbearing or even a bit put on by some point. I actually love it when she reveals something troubling her because it draws light to the issue among others like her fans and that's an extremely good way to use her platform but (don't crucify me) through-out ARTPOP it got a little tiring. She went from "I was bullied, I suffered, I've been beat down but I stood back up and here I am kicking ass" to "Feel sorry for me and buy my album"

I felt like she was expelling a lot of negative energy through-out the ARTPOP era but she kind of shifted a little back to her normal self through-out the tour and from then on.

I haven't explained this well but I hope my general point gets across? It's like she let the world in... then she let it beat her instead of her continuing to power on and own it.

Just to clarify my point, I didn't mean this in any sort of negative manner. It's completely natural for things to build up to a point we become to struggle but I'm not sure if it was wise to allow that to become a part of promotion (see Do What U Want promo and the fallout) as it allowed the world to see her at (so far) her most vulnerable.

HANZ

'Letting the world in' was fine, it was just the fact it often came across as overbearing or even a bit put on by some point. I actually love it when she reveals something troubling her because it draws light to the issue among others like her fans and that's an extremely good way to use her platform but (don't crucify me) through-out ARTPOP it got a little tiring. She went from "I was bullied, I suffered, I've been beat down but I stood back up and here I am kicking ass" to "Feel sorry for me and buy my album"

​exactly this, that was a mistake

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

OBEY

Bumping this thread because this is actually quite an interesting discussion we could all chip in to.

Just to clarify my point, I didn't mean this in any sort of negative manner. It's completely natural for things to build up to a point we become to struggle but I'm not sure if it was wise to allow that to become a part of promotion (see Do What U Want promo and the fallout) as it allowed the world to see her at (so far) her most vulnerable.

​Completly Agree with you :applause: 
Amazing post, this one and the earlier.

Since it became part of the "promotion" like you said, it became quite annoying for me and for some people too. I know she was going through something bad but like... idk i can't really say it without feeling like i sound rude :deadbanana: Like, YOU ARE A POP STAR, and this is not the typical pop star attitude you should have. She can still have feelings, but it was becoming a little annoying imo :sweat: I feel bad for saying this :pray:

OBEY

I feel like she had no choice. She needed to tell the world her feelings. 

Did that affect GP and such? of course

​I feel like she had the choice on how to do it.
As Benji said, this was almost becoming like "omg guys feel sorry for me i've been betrayed please buy my album".
I don't think the interviews for promoting ARTPOP were a good "platform" for her to say stuff like that. I even think, during The Fame, she said like im doing interviews to talk about my work, my albums and so on and i think she should just have done that :sweat:

Laceface

She let us in to strengthen the bond with us. Talking about her depression/being bullied, was her being selfless, she wanted us to feel at ease because she knows we suffer similarly.

I don't think she ever knew at the beginning how the relationship with her fans would ever become this deep. 

Hurem

She went from "I was bullied, I suffered, I've been beat down but I stood back up and here I am kicking ass" to "Feel sorry for me and buy my album"

​So true. And that's the main problem with the ARTPOP era. She seemed really desperate for those sales imo.

freebit

For a while there she kind of lost the ability (or desire) to reign herself in. The Marilyn Monroe lighter business was so :deadbanana:. Everything just snowballed from there. She really made things worse for herself a lot of the time. People are pretty brutal, and they don't react to emotional outbursts from the rich & famous very well - even if it's understandable (look at the zero sympathy Britney got during that infamous Dateline interview in 06). Now I feel (and hope) that she's in a better place. The last time she kind of lost it was during her 60 Minutes interview last summer when she spilled the beans on Troy. 

Lately she's been striking a good balance again. She's more closed up, but not so much that she's incapable of giving an interesting interview. More and more I've been noticing people reacting negatively to Beyonce's influx of social media activity lately (endless pics and gifs of herself). I really do think less has become more in the case of celebrities. There's something to be said for the fact that people are still fascinated with the reclusive Olsen twins and the near mythic reverence people have for Kate Bush. Not to say she should be that elusive, but I think the less people know you, the less bias they're able to have.

OBEY

For a while there she kind of lost the ability (or desire) to reign herself in. The Marilyn Monroe lighter business was so :deadbanana:. Everything just snowballed from there. She really made things worse for herself a lot of the time. People are pretty brutal, and they don't react to emotional outbursts from the rich & famous very well - even if it's understandable (look at the zero sympathy Britney got during that infamous Dateline interview in 06). Now I feel (and hope) that she's in a better place. The last time she kind of lost it was during her 60 Minutes interview last summer when she spilled the beans on Troy. 

Lately she's been striking a good balance again. She's more closed up, but not so much that she's incapable of giving an interesting interview. More and more I've been noticing people reacting negatively to Beyonce's influx of social media activity lately (endless pics and gifs of herself). I really do think less has become more in the case of celebrities. There's something to be said for the fact that people are still fascinated with the reclusive Olsen twins and the near mythic reverence people have for Kate Bush. Not to say she should be that elusive, but I think the less people know you, the less bias they're able to have.

"​People are pretty brutal, and they don't react to emotional outbursts from the rich & famous very well"

That's true. People don't really care about a pop star feeling sad or anything because "she's rich" (i hear that a lot)

I really think now she's balanced, like you said :)

Archived