💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga win an Oscar with "Till It Happens to You"? (SERIOUS QUESTION)

LePetitGAGABLover

Featured Posts

Quark

No... :saladga: 

That's like saying Dope could....they practically sound the same :awkney:

They don't even sound the same. Dope and TIHTU have very different instrumentations and melodies. The only thing somewhat similar is Gaga's style of singing. By your logic, singers like Taylor and Katy always sound the same since they almost always have the same style of singing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

TIHTY is not overrated omg stop it. It could perfectly win an Oscar.

Bradley

I do think Everything is Awesome is an amazing soundtrack and it deserved to be nominated. However, I think Beyond the Lights (also produced by Diane) was quite basic and didn't quite understand it's reason for the nomination. Btw Til It Happens To You sounds completely different from Beyond the Lights so I hope this gets nominated and hopefully wins though! Diane needs to win her first Oscar and so does Gaga.

TimisaMonster

They don't even sound the same. Dope and TIHTU have very different instrumentations and melodies. The only thing somewhat similar is Gaga's style of singing. By your logic, singers like Taylor and Katy always sound the same since they almost always have the same style of singing.

So...you agree they sound the same vocally after you said they don't sound the same? :smh:

What else was I referring to? Of course the melody and instrumentals are different but her "cry voice" is there and I just don't like the vocals on either song 

Plus, I don't feel the song deserves an Oscar...yes message wise it is in harmony and adds emotional depth to the film, but the song overall isn't worthy of a trophy...sorry

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

XGirlfriend

Oscars do not consider public release or chart performance while nominating. The only criteria that is needed is that it is an original composition and plays at anytime during the movie and the movie is released during the nomination time period. And also the song is submitted for nomination process.

I think it has a very good chance of getting nominated and maybe even winning. Cause its a very controversial song and has very moving lyrics--so count in the sympathy votes. 

If the song does get nominated and wins, then both Gags and Diane will get the trophy... unless... 

unless if Gags only wrote the lyrics and not composed the music. .,:awkney:

crisTEAne

Hidden Content

she did :sara:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Whispering

So? I and many fans don't care for the song :smh:

So? That doesn't mean the song isn't critically acclaimed by people in the music industry.

GGD's taste in music does not usually line up with critically acclaimed music. The preferences here are oftentimes skewed and out of step with critical acclaimed music and usually based on one type of music. 

How many of the past songs that won an Oscar, do you think would be popular with the majority of people here? The Oscars (and the Grammys, for that matter) have a different criteria than "I bop so hard to it" when handing out awards. 

But Everything is Awesome is better than Till It Happens To You 

If you say so...

Archived