❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Jjang

You can believe what you want. I am just giving Gaga the credit that she deserves.

​No, you're not.

I don't understand how you carry on when all of your points were already debunked 10 pages ago.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of right but celebrates put out\sing whatever what they suffer for in this world (most of the time) so i guess it's all the same

Quark

​Well..

Gaga admitted herself that Amy is the reason she could have gotten famous at all. She redefined fame in the context of female artists who didn't fit in with the polished Britneys of the pop sphere. Kanye's style of hip hop and his alternative way of handling a rap persona has been copied ever since he became famous, Arctic Monkeys became the model for all major record labels to explore new ways of promoting a band (the internet), Rihanna has always been setting trends (and continuously) for pop musical sounds, Björk also did major contributions in bringing EDM to mainstream consciousness (since you don't wanna credit Madonna for it), U2 is incomparable when it comes to charity work and the addressing of social issues around the world,...

I listed people who have a lasting influence. The only lasting influence I can see in Gaga's career is her way of dealing with social media and the way she treated her fanbase in terms of automatic promotion and financial loyalty. That's commendable, and important, but ironically it's something you didn't even mention.

Ironically all the artists you mentioned are not the current ones I am talking about. But I do agree in all the points you gave them. Gaga however had a big impact on fashion designers, on how artists are supposed to look and perform, she made music videos very popular, interesting, and event like again, she is credited for a lot of the initial popularity of social media sites, she set the trend of naming and really incorporation fanbases into eras, she was one of the first to explicitly support equality, and I could mention more things.

Didymus

Can't even quote you because you ****ed up your post.

I agree she did that. For a while. Well, until mid-2009, really. And then that was it. Not very lasting if you ask me.

Fiona Apple

​No, you're not.

I don't understand how you carry on when all of your points were already debunked 10 pages ago.

​You can leave other people to have their own opinion..

Jjang

​You can leave other people to have their own opinion..

​Statements that contradict facts are not opinions, they're plain ignorance.

Didymus

Actually, the only thing I wanna say, that's completely unrelated to the discussion above: it shouldn't matter that Gaga supposedly has more "impact" than any other artist. Those things aren't even definitely visible until like 20 years from now.

I despise this idea of fans having to "compensate" for Gaga's lack of commercial triumph right now just to prove she's still on top as if that matters. I really believe that many of Gaga's fans latch on to her and need her to be the best for their own corrupt reasons. Maybe an inferiority complex? I don't even know :dies: But it's pathetic.

Gaga hates this competition. She still listens to, gets inspired by and adores artists who aren't even relevant anymore or ever were. She loves artists who nobody here knows and who everyone would insult for being nobody or for having no commercial appeal. Just today Fatboy Slim was insulted by many users for saying he'd rather focus on artistic goals than commercial ones. Now that tells you a lot.

Either own up to your ridiculous idea of Gaga having to be the best for no reason at all, or drop the illusion and simply enjoy Gaga's artistry on its own right instead of trying to link it to non-existing "impact". It's an insult to her work and it's an insult to what her fanbase should be.

Fiona Apple

​Statements that contradict facts are not opinions, they're plain ignorance.

​I do not care..It's not your job to teach your "facts" to everyone.

Jjang

​I do not care..It's not your job to teach your "facts" to everyone.

​I'm allowed to share my opinion just as much as everyone else, tone policing me only contradicts with your mentality. 

Fiona Apple

​I'm allowed to share my opinion just as much as everyone else, tone policing me only contradicts with your mentality. 

​Sharing your opinion is different than enforcing it

Jjang

​Sharing your opinion is different than enforcing it

​The funny thing is that the OP himself was trying to enforce his opinion upon us, why don't you have a problem with him? :(

Quark

​The only thing i enforced was facts. However, its up to you whether you agree with my opinions or not.

Except not everything you said was a fact.

Fiona Apple

​The fun thing is that the OP himself was trying to enforce his opinion upon us, why don't you have a problem with him? :(

​Not really.. You pretty much attacked him at first.. Just relax. I am not saying that your opinion is wrong. But you can just express it without trying to make other people change their opinions.

Jjang

I've ignored most of the facts that you've stated.

​Fixed it for ya.

Archived