Featured Posts

lego

​Before Gaga : 

article-1083681-02628F16000005DC-461_224

article-1083681-0262C8FB000005DC-83_468x

rihanna_16001203_wire.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

rihanna-disturbia--500x289.jpg

Still not crazy enough. You wouldn't see Katy with a cheese cube on her head on an award show if Gaga never existed.:hunty:

Or vomiting paint. :green: 

FreePalestine

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jjang

Still not crazy enough. You wouldn't see Katy with a cheese cube on her head on an award show if Gaga never existed.:hunty:

Or vomiting paint. :green: 

​Point is, the majority of the pop stars' transformation has nothing to do with Gaga, as it began before she even debuted.

If you're basing Gaga's "impact" on these superficial things then that just goes to prove my point lol.

Kacey Elizabeth

Sort of like how Miley invented twerking? No, she jumped on a trend to boost interest, just like Katy did with DH. Urban/Pop was already a thing. 

I need an Example.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Quark

​Beyoncé & Rihanna.

We're on a Lady Gaga forum, a place where people think shocking people at an awards show equals impact and influence. I'm not actually surprised this is up to debate around here.

Beyonce yes. Rihanna no. But Beyonce has way more time than Gaga. And Beyonce has never influenced the music itself.

NewYorkCity

The first bolded part makes absolutely no sense, music videos existed long before Gaga debuted. :toofunny:

Adele sounded nothing like anything on the radio at the time as well.

Comparing her to artists with minimal impact won't make hers any more significant.

As i stated, BeyoncÊ, Rihanna, Adele & other artists are on the same league if not higher.

:toofunny: Who said music videos didn't exist before lmao.

Adele released a bunch of balads singing about love with an amazing voice. So groundbreaking, so new, not what appeals the most people in the world.

Look, you don't WANT TO understand it, because I know you can. But hey, whatever. 

If they are on the same league or HIGHER for you, I don't get what you do on a Gaga fansite (I know you have been told this a lot, start to think on why).

I never said that they don't have anything good, but Gaga has the whole package. that's why she is above any of them. 

Gaga's peak ****s on any of these peaks. Not talking only about sales, again. 

Jjang

Beyonce yes. Rihanna no. But Beyonce has way more time than Gaga. And Beyonce has never influenced the music itself.

-After 'We Found Love' mainstream artists & mainstream radio stations started experimenting with house music that contains the structure of build ups and drops.

-Listed on Rolling Stones "Greatest songs of all time" list and many top songs of the decade lists

-Arguably the song that set the trend to the very now common repetitive structure in popular music.

Jjang

:toofunny: Who said music videos didn't exist before lmao.

Adele released a bunch of balads singing about love with an amazing voice. So groundbreaking, so new, not what appeals the most people in the world.

Look, you don't WANT TO understand it, because I know you can. But hey, whatever. 

If they are on the same league or HIGHER for you, I don't get what you do on a Gaga fansite (I know you have been told this a lot, start to think on why).

I never said that they don't have anything good, but Gaga has the whole package. that's why she is above any of them. 

Gaga's peak ****s on any of these peaks. Not talking only about sales, again. 

​You did. lol. I even bolded that part.

Whats the point of having an amazing short peak when you lack consistency, though?

lego

​Point is, the majority of the pop stars' transformation has nothing to do with Gaga, as it began before she even debuted.

If you're basing Gaga's "impact" on these superficial things then that just goes to prove my point lol.

But these are just random looks, not "beginning of transformation". I don't know why is it so hard to give credit to Gaga because she was the new IT girl and it's obvious that some of her peers and their managers tried to recreate same success. The moment Adele showed up and took all the Grammies, these same girls towned it down. So their "transformation" wasn't even sincere.

FreePalestine

Jjang

But these are just random looks, not "beginning of transformation". I don't know why is it so hard to give credit to Gaga because she was the new IT girl and it's obvious that some of her peers and their managers tried to recreate same success. The moment Adele showed up and took all the Grammies, these same girls towned it down. So their "transformation" wasn't even sincere.

​Katy is still holding on to her image while Rihanna is experimenting with hers. The only artist that genuinely was trying to go head to head with Gaga was Nicki Minaj, but that's pointless to discuss now considering The PinkPrint completely proves that she's over that.

Gaga had a very brief impact on pop culture's atmosphere & pattern in 2009-2011. I'll give her that. Does her impact expand any more than that? i don't think so. That by no means means that i hate her or thinks she's untalented, I believe she's by far the most interesting pop star right now.

Quark

-After 'We Found Love' mainstream artists & mainstream radio stations started experimenting with house music that contains the structure of build ups and drops.

-Listed on Rolling Stones "Greatest songs of all time" list and many top songs of the decade lists

-Arguably the song that set the trend to the very now common repetitive structure in popular music.

EDM was already mainstream before that song though. It was the next logical extension of dance pop. 

lego

​Katy is still holding on to her image while Rihanna is experimenting with hers. The only artist that genuinely was trying to go head to head with Gaga was Nicki Minaj, but that's pointless to discuss now considering The PinkPrint completely proves that she's over that.

Gaga had a very brief impact on pop culture's atmosphere & pattern in 2009-2011. I'll give her that. Does her impact expand any more than that? i don't think so. That by no means means that i hate her or thinks she's untalented, I believe she's by far the most interesting pop star right now.

I think both Katy and Nicki tried. And even with ARTPOP "underperformance", Katy still seems to be a fan and inspired by Gaga one way or another. :green: 

FreePalestine

Quark

That was enough to have more influence than just about every current artist.

Jjang

EDM was already mainstream before that song though. It was the next logical extension of dance pop. 

​EDM wasn't entirely popular in 2011, it was only rising. The EDM trend was established by 2012. Regardless, i don't understand how Electro House music was "the next logical extension", or how does that dissmiss the fact that she indeed have a musical impact? you're going in circles just not to admit that you are wrong.

Jjang

I think both Katy and Nicki tried. And even with ARTPOP "underperformance", Katy still seems to be a fan and inspired by Gaga one way or another. :green: ​

Eh, i don't see it. The musical soundscapes of Prism & ARTPOP don't clash even once.

Quark

​EDM wasn't entirely popular in 2011, it was only rising. The EDM trend was established by 2012. Regardless, i don't understand how Electro House music was "the next logical extension", how does that dissmiss the fact that she indeed have a musical impact? you're going in circles just not to admit that you are wrong.

EDM was definitely mainstream in 2011. When I heard WFL for the first time when her album leaked, the first thing that I thought was that she was just following trends again. Also you seem to think that impact is the same as success.

Archived