💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Gaga did The Fame(Monster) like this?

Crystalline

Featured Posts

Crystalline

TF Singles:
1. Poker face
2. Paparazzi
3. LoveGame
4. Starstuck
5. Just Dance

TFM Singles:
1. Bad Romance
2. Alejandro
3. Speechless
4. Monster
5. Telephone

Discuss! :oops:

Slade

I don't think Poker Face would've taken off like Just Dance. Just Dance needed to come. It's not "basic" per se, but it was the right way to ease her way into radio and into people's ears. Once people were hooked on Just Dance, that's when Poker Face was able to completely steal the show and become iconic.

I don't know, I just have a difficult time trying to imagine different singles from The Fame and The Fame Monster because each one would so well on so many levels and got her to her peak when Born This Way was released as a single. Each one just kept building on itself until she started hitting some rough patches with the Born This Way singles.

Bebe

TF order doesn't make sense to me. 

Just Dance was the perfect intro to her career imo. Dance-pop wasn't hugely popular in the US at that time, so it was risky in that sense, but it was catchy song about getting drunk at a club. It was a hit song basically.

She had a very "pop" hit but followed it up with incredibly theatrical artistic performances like this.

Poker Face only worked because Just Dance set her up. Radio was willing to take a gamble with Just Dance because, even though it was dance-pop, it had the elements and theme of a hit song. Poker Face would have just been too weird at the time for a new artist.

Also Starstruck is lame.

I think the TFM singles are also in the right order as they are now. I would maybe add DITD as a single after Alejandro but Bad Romance-Telephone-Alejandro makes sense.

Mister Gaga

No no no no

Leave TF and TFM eras just like they were. Thanks to them, Gaga was, one day (aka March 2010), not only the biggest pop star in the world, but also the biggest musician. Thanks to them, ARTPOP sold 2M copies, and BTW sold almost 2M copies worldwide in ONE WEEK

Leave those flawless eras alone. They were ****ing perfect.

:bye:

Hmmm... no I think the way it was executed was perfect. Starstruck could have maybe been a single but it would have been extraneous. Monster probably could have worked as a good fourth single but I think at that point the radio would have been too oversaturated by her. So no to starstruck, but I think Monster could have worked well for her. 

luckythisway

TF order doesn't make sense to me. 

Just Dance was the perfect intro to her career imo. Dance-pop wasn't hugely popular in the US at that time, so it was risky in that sense, but it was catchy song about getting drunk at a club. It was a hit song basically.

She had a very "pop" hit but followed it up with incredibly theatrical artistic performances like this.

Poker Face only worked because Just Dance set her up. Radio was willing to take a gamble with Just Dance because, even though it was dance-pop, it had the elements and theme of a hit song. Poker Face would have just been too weird at the time for a new artist.

Also Starstruck is lame.

I think the TFM singles are also in the right order as they are now. I would maybe add DITD as a single after Alejandro but Bad Romance-Telephone-Alejandro makes sense.

starstruck would've been her biggest hit and at the time could have sold at least 7 million if it were a single. it's already almost at 1 million and it's just an album track 

CHROMATICA

Archived