Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Marilyn Manson

Ziggster

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Manson album?

• Portrait of an American Family
    • Antichrist Superstar
    • Mechanical Animals
    • Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)
    • The Golden Age of Grotesque
    • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • The High End of Low
    • Born Villain

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Hahahahahaha I remember when the video for WOW leaked, I laughed so hard, most people on MansonUSA got pissed off.

I like The High End of Low but to me it's just the album that Manson released to end his contract with Interscope.

And.. WHAT THE ****, don't let Born Villain leak, ever.

Tourniquet is my least favorite. It creeps me out a little bit.

I love that song and video, it's just so beautiful and poetic, the lyrics are also beautiful.

Edited by Alan123

I never even listened to Smells Like Children

If you find a link that's not a torrent, Link me :P

You've never listened to it? You are missing out. **** Frankie >>> :lmao:

I heard it sucks

If you listened to it you would understand my sarcasm with the **** Franky >>> thing. Lol

Anderson123

It's just an EP! Remixed songs from Portrait. There's also this song called Sympathy for the Parents, which samples the Peter Donahue interview from 1994, you should look it up on YouTube, it just shows Manson always knew what he wanted his band and name to represent.

I also love I Put A Spell on You, Smells like Children and Rock n' Roll ******, they're all cover songs but are probably the only real songs from Smells Like Children.

Anyway, it's not an album I listen to, but they're not bad songs. ;)

Edited by Alan123

RAMROD

Smells Like Children is just bunch of remixes,and few cover songs.

But this album holds significant impact to Manson career,

because if not for "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)" single, which is cover song from Eurythmics.

maybe not many people know them to anticipate Antichrist Superstar tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It's just an EP! Remixed songs from Portrait. There's also this song called Sympathy for the Parents, which samples the Peter Donahue interview from 1994, you should look it up on YouTube, it just shows Manson always knew what he wanted his band and name to represent.

I also love I Put A Spell on You, Smells like Children and Rock n' Roll ******, they're all cover songs but are probably the only real songs from Smells Like Children.

Anyway, it's not an album I listen to, but they're not bad songs. ;)

JUST an EP? HOOOOOODE up tho. It's actually a really important release in his discography, because of Sweet Dreams. That got a ton of airplay on MTV and without it, ACSS probably would'nt have debuted as high as it did in the US. I know you know this, so I'll forgive you for slipping up this once ;) And I read on the prrrrevious page, you mentioned MansonUSA, were you a user on there? I used to come home from (high) school everyday checking for updates on The High End Of Low *nostalgia* haha

@MarilynManson, it's actually a really interesting release. Especially if you manage to find a download of the original release.. some interesting ommitions that didn't appear on the pressings you buy today. Seriously don't underestimate any of his releases, however insignificant they seem.. there's lots of b-sides and things to be found if you do a little digging :) http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Marilyn_Manson_discography

Edited by dc1993

Anderson123

JUST an EP? HOOOOOODE up tho. It's actually a really important release in his discography, because of Sweet Dreams. That got a ton of airplay on MTV and without it, ACSS probably would'nt have debuted as high as it did in the US. I know you know this, so I'll forgive you for slipping up this once ;) And I read on the prrrrevious page, you mentioned MansonUSA, were you a user on there? I used to come home from (high) school everyday checking for updates on The High End Of Low *nostalgia* haha

Yeah I used to be a lurker, I rarely posted there. Smells Like Children is a very important release, I know that, it was probably more important than Portrait but it's an EP, that doesn't mean it's not good. The Fame Monster is also an EP. ;)

Edited by Alan123

Yeah I used to be a lurker, I rarely posted there. Smells Like Children is a very important release, I know that, it was probably more important than Portrait but it's an EP, that doesn't mean it's not good. The Fame Monster is also an EP. ;)

I'd say Smells Like Children > Portrait. Bit controversial maybe, but hey ;) I used to play Smells Like Children while painting for my final big project in High school (in liiiike.. uh 2009), so I have memories attached haha

I miss MansonUSA. :(

They posted news on The High End Of Low like almost every day in the run-up to it's release :cry: I lurked the forums sometimes too.

MansonWiki is great though, I have it as my homepage -- http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

They posted news on The High End Of Low like almost every day in the run-up to it's release :cry: I lurked the forums sometimes too.

MansonWiki is great though, I have it as my homepage -- http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

I lurked too, rarely posted and was there for Golden Age, EMDM and HEoL. The elitists there were awful but it was the main place to go and get info and I still loved it (especially when they got exclusive interviews with the man himself). I'm still bitter about it closing out of the blue.