Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry reading her lyrics from screen

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

Allan

A prompter somehow feels weird to me, it's like the singer is singing karaoke :laughga:

But if I was a singer I would use it too, even if I wrote my own songs I wouldn't trust my memory.

They figured out a nice way to hide it, though :sweat:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Queen of making this fan base pressed by reading her own lyrics on screen. :neyde:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Supersonic

I actually think it's a great thing to not sit there and let people bash others out of ignorance :laughga: I try to do my part by testing their arguments and seeing if they have any valid ground to make their points on, and not just out of denial of facts or hateful bias :yes: It's an opportunity for myself and the other side to come out of the thread enlightened :awesome: 

​Where are you though when people senselessly drag Gaga for her weight, her choice of producers or just simply the wig she chose to wear for dinner in a restaurant. We would need you to expose the haters there. :cryga:

Jesse Pinkman

I dont think that performers should use teleprompters. Its unfair because you don't see actors and actresses using them. They have to memorize their lines and cues. I understand things may go wrong, but I commend artists like  Gaga for being true performers and not resorting to such things.

It's science, bitch

Runway

Evevrything about her and her career is manufacturated and calculated. Not surprised

Haroon

​Where are you though when people senselessly drag Gaga for her weight, her choice of producers or just simply the wig she chose to wear for dinner in a restaurant. We would need you to expose the haters there. :cryga:

Well there's no debate there really, insulting someone's weight is wrong and anyone should know that - sometimes it's best not to bother when the person spewing the hate isn't willing to listen and is just a hateful person by default, it's wasted time & effort, best not to add fuel to a fire in that case and just wait for it to burn out :sweat: 

I dont think that performers should use teleprompters. Its unfair because you don't see actors and actresses using them. They have to mmemorize their lines and cues. I understand things may go wrong, but I commend artists like  Gaga for being true performers and not resorting to such things.

It comes down to whether you'll risk things going wrong, or if you'd rather the chance of a 100% perfect run through be as cemented as it can :shrug: 

Gaga did this in Austin on the Cheek to Cheek tour. We could see the screens from where we were sitting. 

Jesse Pinkman

Well there's no debate there really, insulting someone's weight is wrong and anyone should know that - sometimes it's best not to bother when the person spewing the hate isn't willing to listen and is just a hateful person by default, it's wasted time & effort, best not to add fuel to a fire in that case and just wait for it to burn out :sweat: 

It comes down to whether you'll risk things going wrong, or if you'd rather the chance of a 100% perfect run through be as cemented as it can :shrug: 

Eh, I guess. But performance is an art. Almost like a sport even. I would just think that a true performer would be too prideful to use such things, but honestly it really isn't that big of a deal lol. It just makes me appreciate Gaga even more because it has to be a lot of pressure memorizing evey single thing in your show. Like how it originally was. :P

It's science, bitch

Supersonic

Eh, I guess. But performance is an art. Almost like a sport even. I would just think that a true performer would be too prideful to use such things, but honestly it really isn't that big of a deal lol. It just makes me appreciate Gaga even more because it has to be a lot of pressure memorizing evey single thing in your show. Like how it originally was. :P

​I don't wanna rain on your parade but teleprompters for singers have been around since TV got invented. And even before that, there were people standing in the front rows with giant cards that had the songs lyrics on them so the performer could fall back on them. "Originally" there have always been methods to cheat their way through it.

Epione

Singers mess up. Even Gaga has messed up, she sang BTW in Japanese VMA and said "my momma told me in the insecure"

**** happens it's just for backup 

:eww::udidnt: is this for real.

Jesse Pinkman

​I don't wanna rain on your parade but teleprompters for singers have been around since TV got invented. And even before that, there were people standing in the front rows with giant cards that had the songs lyrics on them so the performer could fall back on them. "Originally" there have always been methods to cheat their way through it.

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not raining on my parade because I never claimed that Katy was fhe first person to do this. :laughga: 

What I mean by original  is to rehearse your ass off then get on stage and put on a great show with nothing but what you know from practicing. :)

It's science, bitch

Supersonic

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not raining on my parade because I never claimed that Katy was fhe first person to do this. :laughga: 

What I mean by original  is to rehearse your ass off then get on stage and put on a great show with nothing but what you know from practicing. :)

​I thought you were talking explicitly about the teleprompter thing. :sharon:

But I get your point, if I was a performer I would feel way better bringing it on stage without any help (such as teleprompters or the occasional live auto-tune).

LoveandMagic

I can understand Katy having a teleprompter. Lots of politicians and public figures use them, and they have their speeches memorized forward and backwards. I doubt she really uses it. In fact, it's probably too distracting to try and read it while performing. 

Omg. So this is real trend huh? I can't trust my faves. Not @ Beyonce reading when to interact. What a mess. :giveup: 

There is so little GENUINE hate or bashing of Katy here tho... I won't lie. There are a couple of pressed Stans who go out their way to bash her 24/7 but those count be counted on your fingers and still have fingers to spare. Otherwise, it's mostly neutral. 

I'm not shaming anyone (because it isn't necessarily a bad thing) but users like Prismatic, Ladey Gagz, KatyCat*some numbers I forgot*, Gianni Versace, Haroon and more are always quick to come defend vigorously. 

The reactions to Katy threads usually are pretty neutral. 

​KatyCat486 is troll. You should have seen her early posts on Gaga when she first showed up. That's why I have her on ignore.

Haroon is a saint. He never speaks ill of anyone and always tries to see the good in everyone. We need more like him.

Honestly, I think the accusations of Katy hate are overblown, but there ARE SOME who go out of their way to trash her, and the trolling should really stop. Not everyone has to like her and they can criticize her actions, but trolling is pathetic. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

LePetitGAGABLover

Gaga did this in Austin on the Cheek to Cheek tour. We could see the screens from where we were sitting. 

​But she did't write those songs silly.:sharon:. Cheek to Cheek is a cover album.

Archived