💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry Wears Controversial Taiwan Flag During Taipei Concert

bayonse

Featured Posts

bayonse

Whether intentionally or not, Katy Perry wore an outfit many took as a political statement during her recent concert in Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan.

Perry donned the flag of Taiwan as a cape while wearing a sunflower dress on Tuesday night, an outfit with two-fold pro-Taiwan imagery. Sunflowers were the key image of the Sunflower Student Movement of spring 2014, which found groups protesting a Chinese trade agreement that many saw as unfair to Taiwan. As for the flag, it's arguably a political statement in itself -- as Quartz points out, it wasn't included in the 2012 Olympic Games.

So what do u think monsters,political statement or just stupid outfit :green: 
no more parties in LA

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPchamp

No new musical releases so one's gotta stay relevant somehow, guess controversy will be her answer as it is with so many others. scandal to stay relevant. 

HEARTHUNTER

Thirsty for controversy and clicks, I see. What a hypocrite :awkney:

At least she wore Taiwan's flag and not China's.

Vernier

I hope she asked her gay friends for advice before touring in Taipei :Chica: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Thirsty for controversy and clicks, I see. What a hypocrite :awkney:

At least she wore Taiwan's flag and not China's.

So she is a hypocrite for being controversial? :awkney: 

Paper Gangsta

No new musical releases so one's gotta stay relevant somehow, guess controversy will be her answer as it is with so many others. scandal to stay relevant. 

​So she added this dress to the tour couple a weeks ago just to cause controvery lol? 

I'm sure she doesn't even have clue about this meanings, she just came to perform a concert lol not to study culture and politics.

Sunny

Just ask your gays friends for advice, before you, wear a Taiwan flag during a concert, in Taipei :green:

I like dancin', and ponies....

Pure Adrenaline

queen of controversy :neyde:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Morphine Prince

LISTEN UP! This outfit was worn at other dates. People are just looking to make it a political statement. I doubt Katy even has knowledge of whatever these people are claiming. It's a Katy Perry concert. You won't get anything intellectual or controversial there.... it's just fun. 

Archived