Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What should have been the lead single of ARTPOP?

BlahForever1

Featured Posts

Phlop

Venus had to have been atleast written somewhat because she used that idea even in the Applause video. And Tara said in late 2012 that the lead single was produced by a female, which Venus is the only song Gaga produced for the album. Not only that, but it fits the futuristic jpop sound they were talking about.

I don't think it was FINISHED til September/October, but she definitely had worked on it prior.

DWUW always screamed third single to me. Aura of Sexxx Dreams would've slayed tbh.

BYE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tove Lo

Applause or DWUW. Nothing else.

Also, by then Sexxx Dreams wasn't even finished so it would have never worked.

hop on that **** like a maniac

LoveAndDenim

Pretty sure Gaga said Aura was supposed to be first single, if I'm correct? Because that's why she leaked it? Aura is the first track on the album, which is why it was supposed to be the first single (TF had Just Dance, TFM had Bad Romance, BTW was supposed to be Marry The Night but then changed to BTW). Interscope probably changed it because it wasn't radio friendly.

antpats2

the aura demo should've been sent to radio when it leaked 

​IT WAS played on Australian radio stations quite a few times when it leaked, not sure if they were legally allowed but they had a radio-edited version which they premiered only a very short time after the original leak. 

Pain of fame1

AS a comeback single: DWUW DEFINITLY. ( Applause was a good choice tho) They both talk in a way about gaga's injury but are catchy and hits. SD should have been second. And MANiCURE or Gypsy, third

ladygagzus

As uncanny as it seems but I think Mary Jane Holland or ARTPOP (because of their none generic radio sounds) to me Applause was literally her safest option which is annoying because everyone of her lead singles have been daring in some way or another;

Just Dance & Bad Romance were daring in terms of sound,

Born This Way was daring in message & had a sound that still to this day has not been recreated by any artist

NE Thing

​Why do you think DWUW? :)

(Also sorry about asking a over asked question - I'm new to the forum and was just wondering what the monsters on GagaDaily think :) )

​WELCOME

Mentally Disturbed Llama.

Sexxx Dreams or possibly DWUW, Gypsy as the 2nd, MANiCURE or Aura as 3rd, DWUW/SD as 4th (depending on which is lead) and Applause as 5th :legend: 

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Slade

While I think Applause was a good lead single...

Do What U Want would've hit #1 in the first week,

Aura might've hit #1 on pure hype and had longevity because of its total outrageousness,

Sexxx Dreams might've done better than Applause because, well, s-x sells, and the song's sound is really cool and a little funky, which is kind of what's been going on in music lately. Could've been hit or miss, but I think it could've gone #1 if it struck a chord with the GP,

Venus would've been hit or miss. If it had hit, then I think it would've been one of her biggest hits ever...if it had missed, it would've fallen out of the Top 20 after a week and ARTPOP would've been more harshly received than it was. I think it had a good chance of smashing based on it's classic Gaga-weirdness...I feel like people were waiting for that.

Basically, Do What U Want was the only guaranteed smash hit on the album. The other were riskier and pretty hit or miss, even Applause, which thankfully ended up doing really well.

Slade

Venus had to have been atleast written somewhat because she used that idea even in the Applause video. And Tara said in late 2012 that the lead single was produced by a female, which Venus is the only song Gaga produced for the album. Not only that, but it fits the futuristic jpop sound they were talking about.

I don't think it was FINISHED til September/October, but she definitely had worked on it prior.

DWUW always screamed third single to me. Aura of Sexxx Dreams would've slayed tbh.

​Girl the Applause look was based on The Birth of Venus by Botticelli, she didn't just come up with that seashell bikini and brown hair out of no where lol. The song Venus sprung from the painting, so it's unclear if she had written the song before or after the Applause video. Either are possible.

Archived