💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Have to vent: the reason why I didn't go to the Born This Way Ball

Spyro

Featured Posts

Christina

Awww, that's sad. :( But I understand you. I know how it is, when it comes to your parrents and Gaga/LGBT. I didn't go to any concerts of her, 'cause she never comes near me and once she did I was kinda too young to go alone and like you, I had no one who at least liked her to go with me. So be grateful that you at least went to the other 3 and look forward to future ones. I hope that one day I will get the chance to see her live, at least for once in my life. :|

​Same with me.

My mom says I'm cool

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kizurl

well i think i can understand your situation perfectly and why you chose not to go. i went to the BTWBall by myself without telling anyone, not even my family. i wasn't out then and inviting my non-Gaga fan friends would be so awkward, let alone my family. it's probably the only concert i would go alone to honestly. but i totally didnt regret enjoying the concert by myself and looking like a social outcast at the venue :proud:

Bellatrix

My mom loves her too but  I wouldn't be comfortable there with Gaga saying "get your pussies of the floor" tbh.

​Hmm yeah, maybe it's not the first thing you want, but if I had to choose to go with my mom or skip the concert I'd go with my mom for sure. It could be a good time even if there are a few awkward moments.

It's pretty awkward watching a movie with your parents and a s-x scene comes up, but you still watch the movie with them since the rest of the movie makes it a nice evening :yes:

Spyro

I have to go to bed now to wake up in the morning.  Keep the replies coming and I would reply as soon as possible. 

And thank you everyone for your responses, I feel a bit better now. :hug: 

Spyro the Dragon

That's really sad.

I always go to Gaga's concerts with my mom because luckily she's a lot like me

superhuman

Seems like a pretty lame reason not to go. I would of just went.

​well don't u embrace ur gayness to ur mother anyway:gaycat:

sarahb

Hey, for all you know something bad might've happened on the way to the concert/way back and you unintentionally completely avoided it from happening :oops:

Jjang

Understandable.

The scenario of your mother being genuinely happy to spend some quality time with you and then getting let down is heart breaking, though. :spin:

Mothers are the worst case in this situation, because their intentions are always so pure.

Haroon

Hey, for all you know something bad might've happened on the way to the concert/way back and you unintentionally completely avoided it from happening :oops:

​When in doubt always assume the worst :lmao: 

I would LOVE if my mom ever wanted to go to a Gaga concert with me, I would jump so much with her and it would be so funny watching her jamming to the big hits like Poker Face, but unfortunately her body is not strong enough for a crowded concert anymore

Curunir

oh god. this is my weak spot. i missed the born this way ball too, and even though for different reasons, it still bothers me extremely to this day and i completely feel and share your pain. it's been 3 years and whenever i think about it i still get as sad and angered as i did back then. i remember once, it was last year i think, i had a post where i went on a 300+ word rant about it because all these memories came rushing back and i just needed to vent somewhere, and now i feel like this is gonna be something similar :sweat:

so the btw ball was coming near me, but it was in a neighboring country, like a 3.5 hour drive from where i live. i told my parents about it, but they were like "no, you're too young (i was 16) to go alone, it's not safe for you, maybe if you find someone to go with we might let you etc." so i came to terms with it. a month later two of my friends, who are both girls and the same age as me, told me that they were going. because of that i instantly got my hopes up since i had found someone to go with and started asking my parents again. but unfortunately that wasn't enough to persuade them and once again, they said no. i was devastated. a week later, i found out that the b---hiest girl in my class then, whose parents were really strict about everything, was going too. so i started begging my parents again. i had like 5 or 6 extremely tense conversations, even arguments with them about it, trying desperately to convince them to let me go, but they were consistently impervious to my pleas. to make matters worse, my brother was on their side the whole time and was pitting them against me because he hates gaga. so i was left baffled at the fact that three girls were allowed to go (and usually parents are more strict when it comes to girls) and i wasn't. the first two even tried to persuade me to cry in front of my parents, but i couldn't do that, i'm too stubborn. so i cried, and by cried i mean sobbed my eyes out on several occasions when i would be alone. they even called me the day of the concert when they were entering the arena to ask me where would be the best place to stand cause they knew i'd been spending hours watching videos of the tour on youtube. i had to run to the bathroom after that to avoid having a breakdown in front of my family. it was utterly horrible.

to this day, i still hold a bit of a grudge against my parents and my brother and i've taken every chance i've gotten to indirectly get back at them for it. but in the end, they're your family and you can't really take revenge on them since you still love them and blah blah all that sentimental crap.

the point is, what happened is in the past and you can't do anything to change it. you can only look to a more positive outcome in the future (which happened for me since i went to the artrave and my p*ssy was s-l-a-y-e-d. absolutely obliterated) so just be glad that you're getting to see her now and try to forget or at least not think about things that are long gone and not relevant anymore :yes: :hug:

595 words :emma:

Archived