Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was TFM censored?

Slade

Featured Posts

Okinawa

to my recollection it was censored i think because she didn't want the explicit sign on the cover, treating the 2 different covers as actual pieces of art.

the  australian versions come uncensored

I remember that, too. She didn't want to have the explicit sign 'cause it would ruin her cover.

Honestly, I think that's a stupid reason but, well, that's the way it is.

And I think all versions are censored except for the Australian version. The censored Bad Romance version is really bad because b---h is actually a highlight word in that song in my opinion.

~We are Reel Cool~

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Palutena

The label probably censored it to appear more radio-friendly.

When you think about it, Gaga had a lot of creative freedom but not as much as she does now. The story of the album cover being too dark for Interscope and not "Pop" enough and her having to convince them to allow it should be an indication. Maybe the censorship was result of a compromise from that very situation?

I'm more annoyed by the censorship on Born This Way, though. 

zvaRSEA.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

TimisaMonster

Woah.... she says **** in Speechless? When did this happen, other than the live version? :huh:

​The explicit album version says F*** if I'm not mistaken...so the censored standard album says "wrecked up" 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Slade

​The explicit album version says F*** if I'm not mistaken...so the censored standard album says "wrecked up" 

​It's not on a recorded version of the song, she just sang "****ed up" instead of "wrecked up" during The Monster Ball sometimes.

gagzus

I bought the UK 2 discs version on Amazon and it's uncensored. :yes:

I'm from the UK & I have 4 copies of it and none are uncensored so I doubt it's the UK ONE :emma: 

RebeldeFaith

I'm from the UK & I have 4 copies of it and none are uncensored so I doubt it's the UK ONE :emma: 

Wat? :omg:

I bought it a couple of months ago, maybe is the more recently copy. I don't really care from where it came tho, I just wanted the album and it was at a fair price. I didn't had in mind if it was censored/uncensored. :yes:

Something something idk

gagzus

Wat? :omg:

I bought it a couple of months ago, maybe is the more recently copy. I don't really care from where it came tho, I just wanted the album and it was at a fair price. I didn't had in mind if it was censored/uncensored. :yes:

Yeah a fair price is always good haha & doubt it they haven't really produced new copies since like 2011 because even in HMV the main record store they sell pre-owned versions of it & not one new one

RebeldeFaith

Yeah a fair price is always good haha & doubt it they haven't really produced new copies since like 2011 because even in HMV the main record store they sell pre-owned versions of it & not one new one

​I bought it from Amazon tho. I couldn't find the 2 discs version here in Puerto Rico, only the 8 tracks one. I ensured it wasn't a pre-owned version when it arrived. I bought it along with BTW The Collection and ARTPOP w/ iTunes festival version.

Something something idk

elijahfan

I assume that her label didn't want anything to get in the way of her exponential rise.

NE Thing

Woah.... she says **** in Speechless? When did this happen, other than the live version? :huh:

So raise a glass to mend the broken hearts of all my f--ked up friends

My clea n version says wrecked up friends tho

Mentally Disturbed Llama.

NE Thing

​It's not on a recorded version of the song, she just sang "****ed up" instead of "wrecked up" during The Monster Ball sometimes.

No, there is an uncensored version saying f--ed up floating around on YouTube.

Mentally Disturbed Llama.

Duella Dvil

No, there is an uncensored version saying f--ed up floating around on YouTube.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

OBEY

​That line in DITD always bothered me :madge: Imma Free BIT!

"​Bit" is like penis in slang french :green: 

Dunk96

​The original version,the lyrics in the second verse are supposed to be "broken hearts of all my f*cked up friends",but they replaced the line with "wrecked up friends" instead. IMO the original line is better and I'm really sad that we've never gotten a studio version of Speechless uncensored with this line intact.

Archived