💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Were you a "non pop/non dance" person before Gaga?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

Before Gaga became the star that she is today, and before I became a fan of her, I only listened (for the most part), to all kinds of rock music (alternative, heavy metal, 80s rock, industrial, ect.) and a bit of hip hop. I never gave pop music, or edm music a second look, and I thought that all pop stars were some manufactured untalented people. Today, I still think that most pop stars are untalented and manufactured, but thanks to Gaga, I do listen to a lot more pop and edm than before (and I do give pop stars a chance before deciding that they are not good).

So were you a "non pop/non dabce" person before you became a Gaga fan? Did you mostly listen to some other genres of music?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreyw

Back then I was listening to mainstream pop music :dies: only after the Born This Way era I started to listen to other genres

Haroon

I was still very much a pop person before Gaga :yes: I used to keep up with the top 40 and download the songs that I liked from there, like the top 40 was the only place I ever knew of music from because I'd never go out and search on my own (I still don't, but now I have more people to hear about different artists from).

So yeah I was still listening to Rihanna, Britney Spears, Madonna, The Black Eyed Peas, and loads of other pop artists before Gaga hit the scene :yes: 

Sugarfall

No, I loved Nicki and Britney before Gaga + listened to a lot of other random pop stuff

Oscar

I didn't really listen to music a lot as a kid but I didn't really like pop music until Gaga came out but it didn't happen until lovegame/paparazzi era 

LePetitGAGABLover

To be honest, I didn't even care/know about music until Gaga.

​Yasssssssssssssssss. You literally summed up my views on pop culture in one sentence:laughga:

Gohan

No, because I used to listen to some 80/90s dance music :flirt:

But anyway, I realized that her genre was dance just in 2009, nnnnnnn

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

evgenigerm2

Yes, I was. I listened to a very different kind of music. And the title should be "were", "where" is the question for a place.

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

Computer

I really have no idea... before Gaga I was, a lesbean

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Jester

Non pop definitely, I liked some dance stuff though...

I couldn't stand pop stars (especially Britney) because they all seemed so fake, untalented and cheap. To be honest I still think that pop music in early 2000s was much worse than today. I don't know if Gaga was a game-changer, but it doesn't seem like someone like Britney could become popular these days

HausOfNena

No. I loved MJ, Madonna, Britney, AC/DC, Nirvana, Guns N' Roses and The Offspring. I still stan for them.  :legend: 

Archived