💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Gwyneth Paltrow living on food stamps for a week, shows how out of touch with reality she is

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Yeah, because families living on SNAP are going to buy all these vegetables that won't even last two days for big families. And $29? I'm sure they get more than that a WEEK. 

I'm sure she has good intentions with this, but imo she could have bought stuff that people actually buy on a limited budget. Many people don't choose the healthier route because it's expensive. I wonder how she'll make a week's worth of meals with this. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

why is she out of touch? she wasnt critizising was she?

i think shes emphasizing on how its not enough

Morphine Prince

why is she out of touch? she wasnt critizising was she?

​What family only gets $29 a week? And let's be real here, people that are on these programs usually buy pre-packaged foods that aren't perishable. And I highly doubt she will actually live on this for a week. 

LoveandMagic

Well, the eggs can last awhile. I think the problem with SNAP/EBT is that the fresh, wholesome stuff is much more expensive than the overly processed, fattening junk.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Economy

​What family only gets $29 a week? And let's be real here, people that are on these programs usually buy pre-packaged foods that aren't perishable. And I highly doubt she will actually live on this for a week. 

​i dont get whats going on tho... is she saying thats what ppl get? is she claiming shes gonna experiment?

i just thought that was the typical food stamp and she was bringing awareness of it

SissyFromSpace

My college friends and some family friends I know of buy meats and veggies with EBT. I'm guessing the OP is against this type of funding. Huffington post reported that only 2% of Food Stamps are 'wasted' on junk.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Morphine Prince

​i dont get whats going on tho... is she saying thats what ppl get? is she claiming shes gonna experiment?

i just thought that was the typical food stamp and she was bringing awareness of it

​She's experimenting to bring awareness. 

Morphine Prince

My college friends and some family friends I know of buy meats and veggies with EBT. I'm guessing the OP is against this type of funding. Huffington post reported that only 2% of Food Stamps are 'wasted' on junk.

​No, I'm not against this. I just think her purchase isn't very representative of what someone on these programs would buy. 7 limes? Really? 

Bette Davis

How Marie Antoinette of her.. for fun she takes a break from her organic Chilean sea bass soufflés topped with soy asiago and tries pretending she's one of the people she looks down on :awkney:  

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

SissyFromSpace

​No, I'm not against this. I just think her purchase isn't very representative of what someone on these programs would buy. 7 limes? Really? 

​i just saw that. lmao :rip:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Hellspont

Also I was on food stamps for a few months, I am not sure what she is trying to say with this. Its obviously not accurate, the average PERSON gets about $30 a family would get so much more than this. Feels like shes trying to diminish the people who do receive them.

$29 would go further if she skipped Whole Foods and stocked up on pasta and frozen fries. Good old cheap carbs. Typical food stamp recipients likely eat more calories in a week than she does.

Kulture Kiari

Instead of this, I feel like the focus should be "TAKE THOSE THAT DONT NEED FOOD STAMPS OUT OF THE PROGRAM, AND GIVE IT TO THOSE WHO REALLY NEED IT!" It ticks me off that those with Gucci bags and Jordan shoes have food stamps and are bragging how they can have both styles, yet those that really need it get denied. Welcome to America :awkney:  

Archived