celeb

Frances Bean Cobain: "My father abandoned us in the worst way possible"

Skins

Featured Posts

Musical taste trumps DNA for Frances Bean Cobain, because it turns out she doesn't like Nirvana -- and her feelings about her father aren't much better.

Cobain told Rolling Stone she's just not much of a fan of Kurt Cobain's old band, instead preferring the likes of Mercury Rev, Oasis, and Brian Jonestown Massacre. 

Frances Bean (who only referred to her father by his first name) did single out the song "Dumb" ... describing it as "a stripped-down version of Kurt's perception of himself -- of himself on d--gs, off d--gs, feeling inadequate to be titled the voice of a generation." She says she cries every time she hears it.

Cobain, now 22, also sounds like she's still angry about her father's suicide ... saying she understands his music inspired a generation, but adds ... without that he'd "just be another guy who abandoned his family in the most awful way possible."

http://tmz.com/#Article/2015/04/08/frances-bean-cobain-kurt-nirvana-not-a-fan-suicide

Cody Draco

I'm having a huge stroke of deja vu. I feel like this is the third time I have seen this posted here.

I also feel like this is the second time I have had deja vu because of this article. :air:

Bad Bromance

I guess it's understandable she feels this way.  I loved Nirvana so much and I, too, was devastated when the news broke of his suicide on April 8, 1994.  After grieving for a few days I was really angry at Kurt for a few weeks so I can only imagine how his daughter must feel.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Gohan

I guess it's understandable she feels this way.  I loved Nirvana so much and I, too, was devastated when the news broke of his suicide on April 8, 1994.  After grieving for a few days I was really angry at Kurt for a few weeks so I can only imagine how his daughter must feel.

Another stan of Nirvana on here :sara:

Anyway, sorry girl. But your father was damn depressed for so many years and nobody could help him. It's difficult, because you were so young, but... No, just no. She needs to a--lyze the situation more deeply

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

ryhanna

I can't even imagine what it's like to be in a position like that. It's such an awful thing for everybody involved… 

Bad Bromance

Another stan of Nirvana on here :sara:

Anyway, sorry girl. But your father was damn depressed for so many years and nobody could help him. It's difficult, because you were so young, but... No, just no. She needs to a--lyze the situation more deeply

​I absolutely LOVE Nirvana to this day.  I am still obsessed with their music!! 

As for your second comment, spill that hot tea sis!    :trootea:

Wasn't Kurt just gorgeous??  I had the biggest crush on him in high school.   :flutter:  :saira:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bebe

I can understand why she would feel like that. Her feelings are justified, but by the same token Kurt was addicted to heroin, had chronic stomach pains and was severely depressed. Some even claim he suffered from bipolar disorder.

In the end it's a tragedy for all involved.

Cody Draco

It really surprises me whenever someone resents someone else for having their own struggles and not being able to overcome them. This is her father she was talking about so I can totally understand where she is coming from, but I also feel like it's selfish of her. I feel bad that she feels abandoned and that she doesn't have her father in her life.

As someone who suffers from mental illness I also feel bad that Kurt is being remembered negatively. This definitely makes me think twice about starting a family of my own. I want to make sure I'm in the clear mentally when I make that decision. I wouldn't want my child to feel abandoned.  :(

Computer

Two sort of separate things.

-It's peeves me when people say those who committed suicide are selfish.  If I ever kill myself I will give an eternal **** you to anyone who feels that way.  I won't ever kill myself though.

-Frances 100% totally gets a pass on this because it's her dad.  I don't care who my father is I will be angry at him because, I just will.  Nobody can take away her right to be angry at her parents.  She's entitled.

That's all

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Pure Adrenaline

it's not like he did that for fun :proud: 

as angry as she feels she has to understand that there are other sides of the story

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Vernier

It's twofold, you do not want to vilify someone with mental issues who committed suicide, but she also has a right to be bitter. No one can really understands how she feels except it has happened to you. Also, it's not just her dad committing suicide, she also has to be reminded about it almost everyday of her life, because of who he is. Must be painful for her.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived