💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Fan replaces every mention of God in 'Book of Yeezus' Bible with "Kanye"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

​People have the right to believe and do what they want. It's not disrespectful to Christianity. It's apart of your American rights. If people want to replace the word God with Yeezus/Kayne they can. Freedom of speech and freedom of religion :) 

​Sure, people have the right to believe on what they want. No one is forcing them to believe in an existence of god or a higher being. They can express their thoughts about their beliefs. They have the right to treat Kanye, their favorite artist, as their god if they want to. What I am trying to say is what they have done to the Bible is disrespectful.

Here's from a Christian standpoint:

Think of the Bible as a source of happiness and inspiration for some people in battling their day to day lives. The words "God", "Lord", "Jehovah" and "Jesus" are considered worthy of so much respect for them. Then imagine a group of people edited this sacred thing and replace these words with another individual.

The issue here is not Kanye being treated as a god (well, who are we to question it if some little monsters are praising Gaga as their god, etc), but the way they trivialized the sacred literature and beliefs of Christians and release it for comedic entertainment purposes for the sake of their personal goals of glorifying another individual is not a justifiable means for freedom of speech. They can do it in their own ways to praise Kanye/Yeezus, but to directly copy the Biblical texts, twist the words to fit their "almighty Kanye" agenda is what makes this thing "disgusting". They might not have done it to directly insult the Christian literature, but this is considered disrespectful for some people.

This may not be offensive to atheists or people from different religions but trust me, you can ask any Christian who believes in the Bible and most of them will deem this act as insensitive. Same reaction can be drawn from Hindu people if the blue gods will be replaced by Kanye's face and from the Muslims if "Allah" is replaced by "Kanye". :shrug:

By the way, I am not speaking in the tone of a bigot religious person. I respect that everyone has their freedom to believe in what they want to believe. :yes: I won't have any issue with it if they made their own literature to show how Kanye is a god for them, but to copy the Genesis part of the Bible and trivialize it is what put me off.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Christianity took the Old Testament from Judaism. :madge: So Judaism does not use the bible 

​I'm sorry but I fail to see what are you trying to say. I'm not really familiar with Judaism.  :sweat:

SychosSoChic

Ya'll survived this

Seriously, this doesn't seem so bad :emma: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived