Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Katy Perry Wants To Perform At Coachella

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

​I agree completely. I love the pop music and everything she has released, but she has potential to write some bold ass lyrics and make some incredible unique music. The Lana Del Rey sound would fit Katy and I think Katy could do it even better. I'm sure Katy wants to branch out and release something different, she's talked about it before I think. Even going back to her roots a little more next album with some pop rock. 

​I'm patiently waiting for the more indie and personal sound of Ur So Gay to return. :giveup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

If my idea of Coachella is correct then it just seems like although Katy fits the crowd because she shares a similar music taste, the music she provides doesn't fit that demographic :shrug: 

​I'm hoping that her desire to play at Coachella is an indicator that her next album will be very different. 

DeleteMyAccount

​Are jokes allowed or did Admin get rid of those too with this fabulous update?

​I was just playing with you.    

​There is nothing wrong with liking Katy Perry. But her music is so basic that it hurts. 

​Maybe the singles, have you even listened to some of her album tracks? The following songs aren't even close to being basic...

One of the Boys, I Kissed A Girl, Waking Up In Vegas, Thinking Of You, Mannequin, Ur So Gay, If You Can Afford Me, Lost, Self Inflicted, I'm Still Breathing, Fingerprints, I Think I'm Ready, Teenage Dream, Circle The Drain, ET, The One That Got Away, Firework, Who Am I Living For?, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Wide Awake, Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Unconditionally, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, Double Rainbow, By The Grace of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles are all gold. 

Only Katy songs that could be considered basic are Hot N Cold, California Gurls, Last Friday Night, Part of Me, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Dressin Up, Roar, Birthday, This Is How We Do, International Smile, and Dark Horse, but they're designed for radio... That's the only reason people consider them "basic". They're amazing pop songs. 

Cody Draco

​I was just playing with you.    

​I'm just playing with you too. :hor:

​I'm patiently waiting for the more indie and personal sound of Ur So Gay to return. :giveup:

​Ur So Gay will forever be one of my favorite songs of hers. I'm so here for a 2.0 and just a direction in that sound in general. I'm praying she does it next album. I think the label will force a few hits in there, but if she does like three explosive pop songs with the rest being a indie/personal sound combination that would be fantastic. 

Haroon

​I'm hoping that her desire to play at Coachella is an indicator that her next album will be very different. 

​I think it'll eventually happen :yes: 

LePetitGAGABLover

​Maybe the singles, have you even listened to some of her album tracks? The following songs aren't even close to being basic...

One of the Boys, I Kissed A Girl, Waking Up In Vegas, Thinking Of You, Mannequin, Ur So Gay, If You Can Afford Me, Lost, Self Inflicted, I'm Still Breathing, Fingerprints, I Think I'm Ready, Teenage Dream, Circle The Drain, ET, The One That Got Away, Firework, Who Am I Living For?, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Wide Awake, Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Unconditionally, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, Double Rainbow, By The Grace of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles are all gold. 

Only Katy songs that could be considered basic are Hot N Cold, California Gurls, Last Friday Night, Part of Me, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Dressin Up, Roar, Birthday, This Is How We Do, International Smile, and Dark Horse, but they're designed for radio... That's the only reason people consider them "basic". They're amazing pop songs. 

​By basic I mean the steams and filters. I mean, listen to ARTPOP'S instrumentals and Prism's instrumentals. Prism is just basic.

EDIT: BTW, Gaga' the Fame was just as basic, but she decided to over-complicate things and that's how you get the whole ARTPOP mess.

​By basic I mean the steams and filters. I mean, listen to ARTPOP'S instrumentals and Prism's instrumentals. Prism is just basic.

EDIT: BTW, Gaga' the Fame was just as basic, but she decided to over-complicate things and that's how you get the whole ARTPOP mess.

​I get what you're saying 100%

Ladey Gagz

god i hate katy

I find it kinda sad that a hate comment is getting likes :rip: Literally off-topic,  just stating that you hate someone :deadbanana: 

Cody Draco

I find it kinda sad that a hate comment is getting likes :rip: Literally off-topic,  just stating that you hate someone :deadbanana: 

​5 likes too... it wasn't even witty or with a cute gif. It was just blind hate. :air:

Bette Davis

Let's be real, she is as basic as most of the people who now attend coachella. It's kinda turning into a joke of a festival. It's attended by those faux hippy kids from mostly white and asian upper middle class families who took one class on global issues and got flown first class to visit Brazil for spring break but saw the favelas on a bus tour so they think they're enlightened, know the pain of the world and going to save the world one startup at a time.

So basically she belongs there.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Archived