Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney developing live-action Mulan film

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coop

So.... Alice in Wonderland, Snow-White and the Huntsman, Maleficent, Cinderella, and now Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. Ok, this was exciting at first, but now it's just distressing. The current state of the film industry frightens me more and more.

​Don't forget about Dumbo :) 

This movie has the ability to be great but I'm a bit curious of how they'll do Mushu..

​Honey, if they can do the Beast a real thing, Mushu should be easy

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Spock

So.... Alice in Wonderland, Snow-White and the Huntsman, Maleficent, Cinderella, and now Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. Ok, this was exciting at first, but now it's just distressing. The current state of the film industry frightens me more and more.

​That was Universal, not Disney though

who will love me when the night is over

elijahfan

So in the next few years we can expect all of our Disney classics to be released in live-action versions one by one? :confused: I guess this is a good way for the newer generation to enjoy them if they're passed the stage of enjoying flat animation :shrug: I hate to say it but I'm probably one of those people that would like it kept as it is for nostalgia's sake, but I guess if I don't enjoy this remake then I'll always have the perfect original to fall back on :flutter: 

​In the end, all of the Disney classics have been able to pass the test of time from generation to generation: Snow White was made in 1937, Pinocchio in 1940, Bambi in 1942, Cinderella in 1950, Sleeping Beauty in 1959..... And to every kid in the world, it's like they've all been released yesterday. This live-action **** is just a money grab.

On the other hand, I'm here for new takes on those original tales - no more Disney recycling Disney. Like, French director Christophe Gans made a great Beauty and the Beast last year, and Sofia Coppola is working on The Little Mermaid, and Guillermo del Toro on Pinocchio. Hopefully, Disney has nothing to do with these films. At least, we can expect something different here, know what I mean?

TimisaMonster

When will Ariel :giveup:

I think this will be cool...more action, history, racial diversity on screen :applause:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Goldfish

dear god.

Cinderella, Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty, i even heard there's an aladdin and little mermaid on the way. ugh 

I invented post-its

elijahfan

​Don't forget about Dumbo :) 

​Omg right.......... and Tim Burton's back on it. I thought he had learnt his lesson with Alice. Hopefully he'll make a better movie here.

Haroon

​In the end, all of the Disney classics have been able to pass the test of time from generation to generation: Snow White was made in 1937, Pinocchio in 1940, Bambi in 1942, Cinderella in 1950, Sleeping Beauty in 1959..... And to every kid in the world, it's like they've all been released yesterday. This live-action **** is just a money grab.

On the other hand, I'm here for new takes on those original tales - no more Disney recycling Disney. Like, French director Christophe Gans made a great Beauty and the Beast last year, and Sofia Coppola is working on The Little Mermaid, and Guillermo del Toro on Pinocchio. Hopefully, Disney has nothing to do with these films. At least, we can expect something different here, know what I mean?

​Yeah I totally agree with you :yes: I find different takes on the tale interesting, that's why I really enjoyed last year's Maleficent :flutter: If it's literally just the same tale but with real humans then I don't really see the appeal :huh: 

Spyro

dear god.

Cinderella, Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty, i even heard there's an aladdin and little mermaid on the way. ugh 

with robin williams passed, I would hate this..​

Spyro the Dragon

Archived