Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do Monsters Realize Both RedOne & Giorgio Moroder Make Rock Music?

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

You "felt the need" to tell the OP that Take My Breath Away was not a rock song that it was a pop song. I "felt the need" to tell you that it was as much a pop song as it was a rock song. You admitted I was correct and are now splitting hairs. :insert condescending emoticon here:

Anyway, if Gaga is collaborating with  Red One and Giorgio Mordoder for her next record she must be out for blood. I'm sure great things are in store for us. 

I didn't agree though. Its not a rock song. Its a pop song by a new wave band. A new wave/synthpop band. And rolling my eyes at you pretentiously needing to point out that pop is a broad term when everyone knows the implications behind calling something a pop song. And thank you for repeatedly pointing out to me that I improperly used the phrase "splitting hairs". Was not the right phrase to use in that instance thank you. You're always so pretentious on here, but thats the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't really care for Giorgio but im still looking forward to it.

SKANK

I didn't agree though. Its not a rock song. Its a pop song by a new wave band.

New Wave as a genre is as much rock as it is pop. A song by a New Wave band can just as legitimately be disrcibed as pop as it can be described as rock. While synthpop may be more accurate, neither pop nor rock would be a wrong way to describe Take My Breath Away, or Call Me, or Walking In L.A.

Now I've indulged your hair splitting too much, so, if you are interested in furthering this conversation feel free to pick it up with the OP. :)

blacklistedd

New Wave as a genre is as much rock as it is pop. A song by a New Wave band can just as legitimately be disrcibed as pop as it can be described as rock. While synthpop may be more accurate, neither pop nor rock would be a wrong way to describe Take My Breath Away, or Call Me, or Walking In L.A.

Now I've indulged your hair splitting too much, so, if you are interested in furthering this conversation feel free to pick it up with the OP. :)

​That depends. It derives itself from other genres, punk and electronic music. But ultimately bands took it to a very commercial "pop" place, Take My Breath Away included and honestly much of Berlins hits. I think there are a lot of new wave artists that could be classified as alternative/goth/rock whatever, Soft Cells catalogue overall for sure including their one commercial hit Tainted Love; there are a lot of underground new wave/synthpop artists like Martin Dupont and Night Moves that I dont think are pop but are definitely in goth/post-punk territory. I don't think Take My Breath Away could be rightfully classified as rock, I think its better classified as pop. And I don't think many people would disagree, you just found my post condescending and considering the type of people that usually inhabit these forums you assumed I was unknowledgeable and wanted to counter it with some condescension of your own and try and trump me.

Archived