💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do Monsters Realize Both RedOne & Giorgio Moroder Make Rock Music?

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

ARTPOPchamp

RedOne doesn't just do pop and dance, he has done rock music with another Interscope artist - Zander Bleck (Look up his songs Temptation, Morning, Dirty Love Song) and also with Orianthi and Midnight Red. 
And Giorgio Moroder is also known for rock songs in the 80s - Take My Breath Away by Berlin, Love Kills by Freddie Mercury, Call Me by Blondie, Beat The Clock by Sparks, Cat People by David Bowie, Flashdance....What A Feeling by Irene Cara, he's worked with Aerosmith and Coldplay as well. 
Both RedOne and Giorgio have worked with rock groups and rock artists before, it's just their dance music that is mainstream, or I should say popular with kids. 
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY by BERLIN - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx51eegLTY8

MORNING by ZANDER BLECK - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBCQicfQF8 

LOVE KILLS by FREDDIE MERCURY - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHv4E2EcNg 

blacklistedd

It's rock. 

​Its pop. Just because something has a guitar in it doesn't make it rock.

SKANK

​Its pop. Just because something has a guitar in it doesn't make it rock.

Pop music can be rock music. Pop is short for the word popular. It's not indicative of a specific style of music. Billie Holiday was as much a pop star as she was a jazz vocalist.

That being said, I thought Gaga was collaborating with Giorgio Mordoer on his new dance record, so I'm not sure if working with him is a sign of her future sound. 

ARTPOPchamp

And also, if you are going by what Wikipedia says, notice Giorgio is listed as a Rock producer as well. 

blacklistedd

Pop music can be rock music. Pop is short for the word popular. It's not indicative of a specific style of music. Billie Holiday was as much a pop star as she was a jazz vocalist.

That being said, I thought Gaga was collaborating with Giorgio Mordoer on his new dance record, so I'm not sure if working with him is a sign of her future sound. 

Im fully aware that music is not one dimensional and that "pop" stands for popular. Obviously. But lets not play dumb or split hairs, ultimately when someone brands something "pop" there are certain implications. Berlin were new wave anyway, which I guess technically is a subcategory of rock, goth, punk, and electronic music but it formed its own entity in the 80s and in Berlins case often veered more towards the implications behind considering music "pop" rather than something more alternative.

And im not 100% but im pretty sure its been stated that Giorgio Moroder is a producer on her next record as well as her collaborating on a song for his.

SKANK

Im fully aware that music is not one dimensional and that "pop" stands for popular. Obviously. But lets not play dumb or split hairs, ultimately when someone brands something "pop" there are certain implications. Berlin were new wave anyway, which I guess technically is a subcategory of rock and electronic music but it was its own entity and often veered more towards the implications behind considering music "pop" rather than something more alternative.

And im not 100% but im pretty sure its been stated that Giorgio Moroder is a producer on her next record as well as her collaborating on a song for his.

You are the one splitting hairs my dear. 

As for the Giorgio collaboration. It doesn't seem that they have been in the studio together yet, but when the do it will be for her record and not his. 

Asked if the sessions were for her album or his, he said:

“This is for her new album – that’s the intention. I was hoping that maybe I can convince her to have one of the songs for my album. If I could convince her, well that would be incredible.”

Jester

Can't wait to hear what they'll make together :excited2:

In case you guys haven't seen it, this is how RedOne made Just Dance, using rock elements and structure:

blacklistedd

You are the one splitting hairs my dear. 

As for the Giorgio collaboration. It doesn't seem that they have been in the studio together yet, but when the do it will be for her record and not his. 

Asked if the sessions were for her album or his, he said:

“This is for her new album – that’s the intention. I was hoping that maybe I can convince her to have one of the songs for my album. If I could convince her, well that would be incredible.”

I was referring to the people that always feel the need to remind someone that pop is a broad term that generally stands for music that is popular. Technically thats what it is but we all know the implications behind pop music vs. rock/alternative/most other genres. Of course nothing is one dimensional but I mean come on :madge:

DrewStevens

They are both very talented and versatile. But I hope they do synth pop songs for her.

Take My Breath Away is a synth pop song tho

SKANK

I was referring to the people that always feel the need to remind someone that pop is a broad term that generally stands for music that is popular. Technically thats what it is but we all know the implications behind pop music vs. rock/alternative/most other genres. Of course nothing is one dimensional but I mean come on :madge:

You "felt the need" to tell the OP that Take My Breath Away was not a rock song, that it was a pop song. I "felt the need" to tell you that it was as much a pop song as it was a rock song. You admitted I was correct and are now splitting hairs. :insert condescending emoticon here:

Anyway, if Gaga is collaborating with  Red One and Giorgio Mordoder for her next record she must be out for blood. I'm sure great things are in store for us. 

Archived