💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are Monsters only open to the idea of Pop?

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

ARTPOPchamp

Every suggestion people make about a genre other than pop they'd like to see LG explore is immediately shot down by so many people on here. Why? Why is it that you only want her to be confined to pop? Explain. Discuss. THANKS! 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

I guess it's because they love Popga and would rather have music from a genre they already know they'll enjoy :shrug: 

buy bionic

JustPokeHerFace

People are afraid Gaga will leave pop forever (see some users' reactions to Cheek to Cheek) 

Haroon

I guess it's because they fell in love with Gaga doing pop, so that's the way they like it :shrug: I personally wouldn't mind other ventures as long as it sounds nice to me, but I gravitate more to pop because that's what I'm used to. In a way it's about comfort zones at the end of the day and fear of the unknown. People would want Gaga to do pop because we know she can do pop well, other genres we're not sure about so we may be a bit apprehensive :sweat: 

Tropico

Not true. At all. :excuseme: Monsters were and are STANNING for Do What U Want and So Happy I Could Die which are both R&B. 

Then when Gaga covered What's Up? that thread generated hundreds of replies. It was huge. People loved it.

People are here for RockGa. JazzGa? Not so much.

But your wrong in saying they're only open to pop. Of course they wouldn't be here for Reggae 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

SlaeUrAnus

Because Pop is my genre, but then again, so is RnB and Rock; genres that Gaga has touched upon. 

However, Gaga will always be a Pop artist. No matter what she delves into. 

In my messy era.

ARTPOPchamp

I like pop music. The end.

​Ultimately any music that becomes popular can be deemed pop music. LG mainly does dance music, it became the norm, it became what was popular. And others followed the sound. If LG did rock and it became popular, it would be deemed pop. So.....

Stephen

​Ultimately any music that becomes popular can be deemed pop music. LG mainly does dance music, it became the norm, it became what was popular. And others followed the sound. If LG did rock and it became popular, it would be deemed pop. So.....

​I disagree I think pop does have its own distinct sound, to an extent. It has to be hooky and catchy, usually repetitive. 

ARTPOPchamp

Not true. At all. :excuseme: Monsters were and are STANNING for Do What U Want and So Happy I Could Die which are both R&B. 

Then when Gaga covered What's Up? that thread generated hundreds of replies. It was huge. People loved it.

People are here for RockGa. JazzGa? Not so much.

But your wrong in saying they're only open to pop. Of course they wouldn't be here for Reggae 

​Actually not really. I see so many Monsters put down DJWS and Do What U Want. I think people need to remember LG's fans are not all kids and tweens into whatever is popular, some of us like music like Adele and Sam Smith make, the adult contemporary, so Monsters on here should respect the other Monsters who like the Jazz and want to see GaGa explore other genres than what is considered "socially or monster favorable". Can't always do what's popular or do things to be popular, doing that doesn't allow for boundaries to be broken or ideas or perceptions to be changed. Some people think music is just music, but its more than that. Music has the power to break boundaries, a lot of pop music kids listen to follows suit and doesn't break boundaries at all. I'm here for the music that breaks boundaries and barriers and tests a person's limits and opens them up to a new way of thinking or seeing or hearing music. And that can change the audience's perception of what a "popstar" is, like LG initially did when she burst on the scene. So..... :kissga::queenga:

Archived