💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Iggy Azalea's ghostwriter comes forward

Yanko

Featured Posts

Yanko

Well, well, well... Who has been right all along? I want the moderator who gave me warning points for saying Iggy's talents were limited to give me a personal handwritten apology.

​expose  it! 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

I don't see the big deal in not writing the songs that you sing, there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion :shrug: The problem for me begins when you're credited for having a hand in writing the song when you don't, then that's just a lie and lies aren't okay :ohno: 

I wonder how Iggy and her team are gonna react to this :huh: She's been having such a rocky few months :giveup: 

Vernier

You know it must be killing her not to be able to comment on this and cry on twitter :toofunny:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Bebe

I don't see the big deal in not writing the songs that you sing, there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion :shrug: The problem for me begins when you're credited for having a hand in writing the song when you don't, then that's just a lie and lies aren't okay :ohno: 

I wonder how Iggy and her team are gonna react to this :huh: She's been having such a rocky few months :giveup: 

​Ghostwriting is a pretty big taboo in rap. A big part of the skills of a rapper include how good their wordplay is, how smart their rhymes are and how good their flow is and it's just a big part of hip-hop culture.

The history of rap music had MC's telling stories about their lives and battling each other.

It's not really like other genres where someone might be a talented singer/performer. In that case it seems ok for others to write them songs. A talented rapper is a talented poet. It's cheating to have somebody secretly write your poetry.

Pure Adrenaline

and then people get mad when I say that Iggy's talent is  worse than her fake accent :proud: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

I feel so sad for her, everyone hates her, I'm not even a fan but this hate is sickening ! Like, who cares, Britney used ghostwriter for Britney Jean, same with Rihanna in songs like The Monster   [:noparty:]  but when it comes to Iggy everyone is mad, we don't even know if it's true, I could tell "yeah man, I wrote the whole ARTPOP album, Gaga is a fraud". Would you believe me? No. So why do you believe this guy? Or am I missing a point?

Bebe

I feel so sad for her, everyone hates her, I'm not even a fan but this hate is sickening ! Like, who cares, Britney used ghostwriter for Britney Jean, same with Rihanna in songs like The Monster   [:noparty:]  but when it comes to Iggy everyone is mad, we don't even know if it's true, I could tell "yeah man, I wrote the whole ARTPOP album, Gaga is a fraud". Would you believe me? No. So why do you believe this guy? Or am I missing a point?

​You are missing a point. Ghostwriting is something that is known goes on occasionally in hip-hop but there is a reason why they are ghostwriters and not credited like they usually are with pop music.

With pop music you occasionally get ghost credits where an artist gets writing credit even though they didn't really contribute to the writing of the song, or contributed far less than the credit implies. Ghostwriting is rarer.

It's important for a rapper to write their own raps, it's not like singing where someone might have a great talent for singing/performing. Clever rhyming schemes, wordplay and flow is important in rap music, it's basically spoken poetry in a lot of ways. It's also really supposed to be an authentic expression of your life or experiences. It's just important that the words come from the artist.

You can see what I wrote a bit above you in terms of how important it is in the culture of hip-hop but I'll give an example of why it's important with an example.

I'll use Azealia Banks as an example because Iggy and her are often compared and I'll use the song 212 because it's her most well known song.

Take this line "See, even if you do want to bust. Your b---h’ll get you cut and touch your crew up too, Pop" Although the rest of the song is also very clever, this line contains a triple metaphor which is very impressive. 

It can be taken as a friendly line, your girl will get your hair cut and touch up your crew cut hairstyle.
It can be taken as an aggressive line, your girl will castrate you and your friends.
It can be taken as a s-xual line, your girl will cut you emotionally and sleep with your friends.

Although they might not be the deepest lyrics ever written the wordplay and metaphors used are sick and she delivers it with a real cool flow. That's part of enjoying a real hip-hop artist. It's the wordplay, it's the metaphors, it's the flow, it's the poetry. If Iggy isn't writing her lyrics then she is fooling her audience. You don't get somebody else to write your poetry. 

There are other problems (she can't even properly deliver her pre-written raps as shown by the numerous vines that have been created recently, it strengthens the argument that there are many talented black female rappers being shafted and called 'ratchet' or 'ghetto' for rapping while a white girl with poor skills can profit from their culture) but I think the reasons I have already listed are a travesty in itself. I mean such an exposè would mark the end of a career for most rap artists.

As for why we should trust him, he is a known ghost writer and he has collaborated with her before. He isn't just some random guy, he's a relatively popular rapper himself.

Whispering

So Iggy is literally just a pretty face...that's it

She's like the Katy Perry of Rap-Pop. Think of it that way. :)

MarryTheSequins

She's like the Katy Perry of Rap-Pop. Think of it that way. :)

Doesnt Katy write some of her lyrics? :flop:

Supersonic

​You are missing a point. Ghostwriting is something that is known goes on occasionally in hip-hop but there is a reason why they are ghostwriters and not credited like they usually are with pop music.
With pop music you occasionally get ghost credits where an artist gets writing credit even though they didn't really contribute to the writing of the song, or contributed far less than the credit implies. Ghostwriting is rarer.

It's important for a rapper to write their own raps, it's not like singing where someone might have a great talent for singing/performing. Clever rhyming schemes, wordplay and flow is important in rap music, it's basically spoken poetry in a lot of ways. It's also really supposed to be an authentic expression of your life or experiences. It's just important that the words come from the artist.

You can see what I wrote a bit above you in terms of how important it is in the culture of hip-hop but I'll give an example of why it's important with an example.

I'll use Azealia Banks as an example because Iggy and her are often compared and I'll use the song 212 because it's her most well known song.

Take this line "See, even if you do want to bust. Your b---h’ll get you cut and touch your crew up too, Pop" Although the rest of the song is also very clever, this line contains a triple metaphor which is very impressive. 

It can be taken as a friendly line, your girl will get your hair cut and touch up your crew cut hairstyle.
It can be taken as an aggressive line, your girl will castrate you and your friends.
It can be taken as a s-xual line, your girl will cut you emotionally and sleep with your friends.

Although they might not be the deepest lyrics ever written the wordplay and metaphors used are sick and she delivers it with a real cool flow. That's part of enjoying a real hip-hop artist. It's the wordplay, it's the metaphors, it's the flow, it's the poetry. If Iggy isn't writing her lyrics then she is fooling her audience. You don't get somebody else to write your poetry. 

There are other problems (she can't even properly deliver her pre-written raps as shown by the numerous vines that have been created recently, it strengthens the argument that there are many talented black female rappers being shafted and called 'ratchet' or 'ghetto' for rapping while a white girl with poor skills can profit from their culture) but I think the reasons I have already listed are a travesty in itself. I mean such an exposè would mark the end of a career for most rap artists.

As for why we should trust him, he is a known ghost writer and he has collaborated with her before. He isn't just some random guy, he's a relatively popular rapper himself.

​:applause::applause::applause:

Yanko

​welp 

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

Archived