💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Official UK Music Chart to move to Fridays from Summer 2015

Henry

Featured Posts

Henry

The UK’s Official Chart will move to a new Friday slot later this summer, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

The move to the new day means that BBC Radio 1 will also be moving the Official Chart show and will retain its role as the home of the UK’s Official Singles Chart, with Greg James unveiling the week’s Official Top 40 singles between 4pm and 6pm every Friday. The full singles and albums Top 100 will continue to be published on OfficialCharts.com at 6pm.

The move will coincide with a shift by the global music industry to a new synchronised music release day of Friday, also starting this summer. The UK charts will incorporate sales and streams across seven days, from 00.01 on Friday through to midnight on Thursday evening – compiled overnight and delivered to the nation every Friday afternoon.

Official Charts Company chief executive Martin Talbot says, “This is an exciting new era for the Official Singles Chart – following the integration of streams, with the move to a new, more high profile slot.

BBC Radio 1 has been the home of the UK’s Official Singles Chart for more than 40 years and we are delighted that they are as excited about future plans for the chart as we are.

Source

Haroon

The end of an era :cry: I remember sitting in my room doing my homework with the radio on on Sundays listening to the chart show, it was a nice way to end the week and to begin the new :flutter: I guess it'll be easier and cleaner for music releases though, so that's a plus :shrug: Bring on the future :awesome: 

Serendipity

They adjust to the global release day and that's good. :yes: 

​yes, music sales are the highest during the weekends, so it does make a lot of sense

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Archived