music news

Madonna re-writes history with Rebel Heart for biggest 2nd week sales drop

Enhsa

Featured Posts

LORD GAGA

IlNIEgS.jpg

still waiting

giphy.gif

​please tell me this isn't real... it is artistically atrocious, I'm embarrassed to be here :sis: 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goldfish

i really couldnt care less, it debuted at #2 in the UK, and for an artist 30 years into her career, thats an amazing feat. end of. 

I invented post-its

RBNLM

Wow, she couldn't even let Gaga have 2nd place with that BTW drop :( What a b---h.

​Two steps behind me.

Haroon

Well that's unfortunate :noparty: Madonna hasn't been dealt the nicest cards for the past few months, and to be honest I don't think it can get worse now that the tone has been set :emma: Let's just hope the single releases go smoothly, and I don't mean in terms of numbers, I mean just in general :sweat: 

Bitter

​do i need to remember you all the record she breaks ?

​once upon a time :lolly:

this topic is about her current era tho :lolly:

Arizonadream777

​do i need to remember you all the record she breaks ?

Nobody gives a sh*t.

Ladey Gagz

​once upon a time  ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

this topic is about her current era tho  ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

​You really live up to your name :lolly:

​please tell me this isn't real... it is artistically atrocious, I'm embarrassed to be here http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_sis2.gif 

​it is

but then she wore a cape and well.......

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

LORD GAGA

​it is

but then she wore a cape and well.......

:rip: i was kind of hoping someone made it on photoshop or something... it made me cringe :air:

Even though Rebel Heart only debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 chart due to poor album equivalents from its track sales and streams, it still opened as the best-selling album in pure album sales for the week ending 3/15/15 (i.e. it debuted at #1 on the Top Album Sales chart). And therefore, if this ends up the same with Nielsen Music's sales, Madonna would then have two of the largest second-week percentage drops for #1-debuting albums strictly based on pure album sales in Nielsen Music history:

Rank / Artist / Title (Year of Release) / % Decline (Debut Units - 2nd Week Units)
1. Madonna, MDNA (2012) - 86.70% (from 359,000 to 48,000 at No. 8)
2. Lady Gaga, Born This Way (2011) - 84.28% (from 1.11 million to 174,000 at No. 1)
3. Mac Miller, Blue Slide Park (2011) - 82.54% (from 144,000 to 25,000 at No. 24)
4. Lady Gaga, ARTPOP (2013) - 82% (from 258,000 to 46,000 at No. 8)
5. Kanye West, Yeezus (2013) - 80.27% (from 327,000 to 65,000 at No. 3)
6. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 (2013) - 80.08% (from 350,000 to 70,000 at No. 5)
7. Jay-Z, Kingdom Come (2006) - 79.42% (from 680,000 to 140,000 at No. 6)
8. One Direction, Midnight Memories (2013) - 79% (from 546,000 to 117,000 at No. 2)

Rebel Heart (2015) opened with 116,000 units. It'd need over 87% drop to take the all-time record from MDNA. And based on the previews so far, it actually might take it.

Bellatrix

That's too bad :( She's still selling out arenas and stadiums tho, so the RH era is not a total flop

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived