💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Meghan Trainor dragged by media for sexist music video

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Gypsy Life

​Believe me, the people you describe are not easily offended by a simple music video because they've through way worse things than mopping the floor and cooking!

But what have the offended twinks on GGD gone through

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I thought the s-xist accusations were going to be about how it's wrong for her to make demands of men, but somehow that's ok, despite this being seen as horrible and controlling when the genders are reversed. That's the criticism I've heard from those calling it s-xist so far. Me, I think it's just a good, fun song. She's not trying to make serious demands, it's just meant to be cute little things she hopes a future husband will be. Notice she talks about things like sleeping on a certain side of the bed and other small things - nothing major that someone might call high maintenance. Personally, I think we could do with more songs like this from women who are expecting more of men. Men talk about their ideal women in songs in a myraid of disrespectful ways, so why can't we sing about what we want in a man, but in a respectful way, like Meghan does, or even like what Salt N Pepa did with Whatta Man? A lot of men take their women for granted and I think songs like this informs men that the woman's needs matter just as much.

At the end of day, the ripping off of the beat from the Olly Murs is far worse than any potential s-xism in it.

Gypsy Life

I thought the s-xist accusations were going to be about how it's wrong for her to make demands of men, but somehow that's ok, despite this being seen as horrible and controlling when the genders are reversed. That's the criticism I've heard from those calling it s-xist so far. Me, I think it's just a good, fun song. She's not trying to make serious demands, it's just meant to be cute little things she hopes a future husband will be. Notice she talks about things like sleeping on a certain side of the bed and other small things - nothing major that someone might call high maintenance. Personally, I think we could do with more songs like this from women who are expecting more of men. Men talk about their ideal women in songs in a myraid of disrespectful ways, so why can't we sing about what we want in a man, but in a respectful way, like Meghan does, or even like what Salt N Pepa did with Whatta Man? A lot of men take their women for granted and I think songs like this informs men that the woman's needs matter just as much.

At the end of day, the ripping off of the beat from the Olly Murs is far worse than any potential s-xism in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2FT7U2SMz0

Whispering

​Believe me, the people you describe are not easily offended by a simple music video because they've through way worse things than mopping the floor and cooking!

Riiight... Because women don't go through discrimination and aren't targets for violence and rape, in the US or anywhere else in the world. :smh:

Like I stated before, this isn't a contest. All minorities have their unique set of prejudices and problems in society that they deal with. 

JbGaga

I don't think I care enough about her to care about her video and what shes saying tbh... Go make your money Meghan :hunty: 

JazzGa

I'm so glad everyone here on GGD thinks she's as tacky and saccharine as I do. I feel so included :partymon:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

MarryTheSequins

I have so much to say on this :lmao:

First of all, to everybody who has said something like 'why is this such a big deal?? It's just lyrics' can take several seats. Feminism is not an issue that you don't live with or experience every damn day: you don't get to call the shots on what WOMEN find offensive. So please, chill with the whole telling people to chill like no tomorrow.

Secondly, this song and video does not put out a bad message for women only but for men too. Opening one of the articles linked would soon educate you on that, but clearly half of yall didn't so I'll explain it. Look at the scene at the fair, the guy is trying to impress Princess Meghan. He isn't big and strong and man enough for her, so she pulls a face, walks off while he has the word 'FAIL' in big red letters all over his face. So yeah, by Meghan's logic girls can be as curvy as they want (as long as the junk is in all the right places) but if you're a guy? Nah, hit the gym, bro. Come back later when you even lift.

Thirdly I think half of you are brainwashed by the cute vintage vibes in the song and video so it's easy for you to just excuse what's actually going on. Anybody ever read 'Lolita'? The guy is a paedophile but he writes so poetically and he's in love with the girl so it's sort of ok, right? NOPE, no matter how much you sugar coat things it's still a load of crap at the end of the day. The guy is still a paedophile, Meghan is still saying 'I'll writhe around on the floor with my yellow gloves and bubbles for you just buy me some damn gifts!!!'

and going from that point, the song essentially says BE NICE TO ME and IN RETURN YOU CAN HAVE MY BODY !!! Don't get me wrong, if you're into that whole thing then it's fine, but this is a pop song, that little girls will watch and sing in the playground and the cute vintage sound and video is going to be everywhere and we'll all be listening. If the song was more like 'I'm into doing things for you so you can do things for me too' then you'd sort of be able to separate that from what the norm is. But it's not: it's simply I am your trophy, your cook, your cleaner, and your f*ckbuddy for whenever you need me to be. Just buy me pretty things and tell me I'm pretty too?

For the record, I'm not against singing about s-x in pop. However, this is not a healthy representation of it, s-x is something to be enjoyed as a couple, something that involves partnership and trust and a bond. 'Dear Future Husband' turns s-x into a bargainer. Yes, there is nothing wrong with wanting your partner to make you feel good by them telling you you are beautiful and wonderful, if anything that's what you should expect from a relationship. If your partner doesn't make you feel good about yourself, what's the point? However, this song does not promote that message, but it's more like 'make me feel good about myself and I'll do anything'. She's presenting herself as an object, not as a partner.

Lastly, returning to my point about the song being unhealthy for both genders, this song places unrealistic expectations on what a relationship should be. As I've said before, a relationship where your partner does not make you feel good about yourself is not a healthy one, and Meghan Trainor instead presents it as something you should be asking for, and giving your body for in return. Furthermore, she makes relationships look very materialistic, she says nothing about a genuine connection with her partner, but only about the physical things she wants from him, and the physical things she will give in return.

Overall/TLDR; don't tell people it's no big deal when you don't have to deal with being inferior to men every single day. The song and video contradicts the self-love message of 'All About That Bass', teaches that giving your body in return for gifts is the norm and completely gives he wrong idea about a normal s-xual relationship. All of this is disguised by using a cute vintage sound and imagery, so really most of you need to wake up.

FrankGutz

how can she get away with releasing 3 singles that sound exactly the same, except this one is just offensively bad.

​plus, her voice is so ****ing annoying, i dont get it

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Harry

​I'm pretty sure no one spared her from the "joke" default_awkney2.gif

If you look through, everyone keeps talking about her saying about the "joke" but you keep harping on it as though no one had ever criticized her for it default_awkney2.gif 

You're just missing the point. Continue being stupid and being blinded by stan culture, it's not my problem. 

Harry

I have so much to say on this default_lmao.gif

First of all, to everybody who has said something like 'why is this such a big deal?? It's just lyrics' can take several seats. Feminism is not an issue that you don't live with or experience every damn day: you don't get to call the shots on what WOMEN find offensive. So please, chill with the whole telling people to chill like no tomorrow.

Secondly, this song and video does not put out a bad message for women only but for men too. Opening one of the articles linked would soon educate you on that, but clearly half of yall didn't so I'll explain it. Look at the scene at the fair, the guy is trying to impress Princess Meghan. He isn't big and strong and man enough for her, so she pulls a face, walks off while he has the word 'FAIL' in big red letters all over his face. So yeah, by Meghan's logic girls can be as curvy as they want (as long as the junk is in all the right places) but if you're a guy? Nah, hit the gym, bro. Come back later when you even lift.

Thirdly I think half of you are brainwashed by the cute vintage vibes in the song and video so it's easy for you to just excuse what's actually going on. Anybody ever read 'Lolita'? The guy is a paedophile but he writes so poetically and he's in love with the girl so it's sort of ok, right? NOPE, no matter how much you sugar coat things it's still a load of crap at the end of the day. The guy is still a paedophile, Meghan is still saying 'I'll writhe around on the floor with my yellow gloves and bubbles for you just buy me some damn gifts!!!'

and going from that point, the song essentially says BE NICE TO ME and IN RETURN YOU CAN HAVE MY BODY !!! Don't get me wrong, if you're into that whole thing then it's fine, but this is a pop song, that little girls will watch and sing in the playground and the cute vintage sound and video is going to be everywhere and we'll all be listening. If the song was more like 'I'm into doing things for you so you can do things for me too' then you'd sort of be able to separate that from what the norm is. But it's not: it's simply I am your trophy, your cook, your cleaner, and your f*ckbuddy for whenever you need me to be. Just buy me pretty things and tell me I'm pretty too?

For the record, I'm not against singing about s-x in pop. However, this is not a healthy representation of it, s-x is something to be enjoyed as a couple, something that involves partnership and trust and a bond. 'Dear Future Husband' turns s-x into a bargainer. Yes, there is nothing wrong with wanting your partner to make you feel good by them telling you you are beautiful and wonderful, if anything that's what you should expect from a relationship. If your partner doesn't make you feel good about yourself, what's the point? However, this song does not promote that message, but it's more like 'make me feel good about myself and I'll do anything'. She's presenting herself as an object, not as a partner.

Lastly, returning to my point about the song being unhealthy for both genders, this song places unrealistic expectations on what a relationship should be. As I've said before, a relationship where your partner does not make you feel good about yourself is not a healthy one, and Meghan Trainor instead presents it as something you should be asking for, and giving your body for in return. Furthermore, she makes relationships look very materialistic, she says nothing about a genuine connection with her partner, but only about the physical things she wants from him, and the physical things she will give in return.

Overall/TLDR; don't tell people it's no big deal when you don't have to deal with being inferior to men every single day. The song and video contradicts the self-love message of 'All About That Bass', teaches that giving your body in return for gifts is the norm and completely gives he wrong idea about a normal s-xual relationship. All of this is disguised by using a cute vintage sound and imagery, so really most of you need to wake up.

I love every single one of your posts. 

Lion Heart

Martha Cox will likely see Olly Moors in court soon

B6KvoDAIEAEGCKR.jpg

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Kayla

​I love Whatta Man. :flutter: 

Kayla

I have so much to say on this default_lmao.gif

:applause:

You're just missing the point. Continue being stupid and being blinded by stan culture, it's not my problem. 

its ok you can remain blinded by hate culture, its not my problem that you remain hateful, i mean you are you just here to continue hating on her while she is earning big bucks out there.

Archived