music news

Metacritic: FROOT | 76

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

​Imo Im a ruin is a mess. :awkney: The album has some good tracks.But it's really nothing compared to Electra Heart

​A mess? And Homewrecker wasn't a mess? Electra Heart wasn't a mess in general? I like Electra Heart and I might dare to say I prefer it to Froot overall at least aesthetically. But Froot is anything but a mess, especially in comparison to the conceptually knotted and confused Electra Heart of which Marina herself hardly even stands by completely.

Fiona Apple

​A mess? And Homewrecker wasn't a mess? Electra Heart wasn't a mess in general? I like Electra Heart and I might dare to say I prefer it to Froot overall at least aesthetically. But Froot is anything but a mess, especially in comparison to the conceptually knotted and confused Electra Heart of which Marina herself hardly even stands by completely.

​I adore Homewrecker tbh

blacklistedd

​I adore Homewrecker tbh

​Its okay, the chorus is kind of atrocious but I can enjoy it. Idk, its not like I think Froot is this quintessential pop record but I don't think Electra Heart is better. I think some of her stans just got really attached to that era and they're kind of like holding on to it. Not that theres anything wrong with that I guess.

Fiona Apple

​Its okay, the chorus is kind of atrocious but I can enjoy it. Idk, its not like I think Froot is this quintessential pop record but I don't think Electra Heart is better. I think some of her stans just got really attached to that era and they're kind of like holding on to it.

​I am not a stan tho. i just really like her music. And TO ME Electra Heart is 20 times better.It has a generic production but the songs are epic

ItsTommyBitch

the quirk of "Di-a-mond" as three syllables is really worth a 60 score? :sis: What an irrelevant complaint :giveup:

If anything, "Tor-toy-se" was more glaring :laughga:

Still, yay for this current 80 :party: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

blacklistedd

​I am not a stan tho. i just really like her music. And TO ME Electra Heart is 20 times better.It has a generic production but the songs are epic

​I think Froot is just more understated than Electra Heart. At moments too understated for me (Immortal, Better Than That, Weeds). Listening to those tracks is like listening to beige wallpaper imo. But songs like Blue, Im A Ruin, and Froot pump it up for me. Idk, I like Marina, but I feel like shes yet to give me at least nearly an entire album that satisfies me.

Fiona Apple

​I think Froot is just more understated than Electra Heart. At moments too understated for me (Immortal, Better Than That, Weeds). Listening to those tracks is like listening to beige wallpaper imo. But songs like Blue, Im A Ruin, and Froot pump it up for me. Idk, I like Marina, but I feel like shes yet to give me at least nearly an entire album that satisfies me.

​I don't know..Froot sounds more different. But I like EH more .That's all

HausOfAntonio

the quirk of "Di-a-mond" as three syllables is really worth a 60 score? :sis: What an irrelevant complaint :giveup:

If anything, "Tor-toy-se" was more glaring :laughga:

Still, yay for this current 80 :party: 

​That is quite possibly one of my favorite moments on the album :toofunga:

honza

​That is quite possibly one of my favorite moment on the album :toofunga:

​I agree, and I don't really see at all what's wrong with doing that? :emma: 

also FROOT is my favorite of the three, both the sound (I'm so in love with the vocals AND THE INSTRUMENTS :cry: ) and the theme - I just love how honest the album is, and it doesn't really need to have a strong concept, it's her life story after all, and honestly even though it might feel kinda "all over the place" at first glance, I think the album is surprisingly very coherent, especially the sound

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Dorothy Gale

FROOT has a few above average tracks, but 9/12 songs on the album just lay there. It's a bit of a flat experience that doesn't leave an impression. I think Better Than That, Can't Pin Me Down and Forget are almost interchangeable along with Solitaire.

Supersonic

Why does it only have four reviews so far? :confused: 

​It does actually have a lot more, but meta critic does not keep track about a good portion of them. ARTPOP for example had a ****ton of good reviews by newspapers in the US and UK but metacritic just didn't care to keep track of them.

Archived