💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Metacritic: FROOT | 76

Henry

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

I'm personally glad that FROOT isn't a ton of songs that sound like "FROOT" itself. Kinda wish she had released Happy first like planned so that people didn't get the wrong impression thinking this would be that kind of pop album :madge:. A lot of fans of Marina like EH because it was a mixture of what makes Marina Marina, but with top 40 elements, producers, and writers. I personally enjoy the freedom that is "FROOT", even if every song isnt a #1 hit, there isn't a song i ever want to skip.

91 is a good rating. It will stabilize later though ofc.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that only one publication has even given a review so far is a reason to be concerned in itself

​the album is not officially out until monday so :shrug:

I like songs 1, 4, 6, 7, and 9 but ya the album is meh. 

That's how some of you sound; incredibly dumb. 

I don't think anybody understands that this album was created by only TWO people.

Of course the songs are going to be coherent, hence the fruit theme. If you're not into midtempo songs then you're listening to the wrong artist. Electra Heart was forced & you were fooled, buh bai

GreenEyes

Lol at all of you people mad because FROOT isn't "good" because it isn't electro pop. 

This is a good change for Marina, the album is super catchy, her lyrics are great (which she wrote all by herself no co help this time around) and she seems 10x happier with it than EH, I would be too, that album wasn't about herself it was all in the view points of archetypes. 

Oh well again all you guys do is b---h what else is new can never be happy for anyone when Marina deserves her praise. 

Dorothy Gale

Why does everyone hate Electra Heart now? Anyone who liked Electra Heart was 'fooled'? :awkney:  

Would they even know Marina without it? And Froot is just not that great, 3 good songs does not a good album make.

willmcclure72

Good, its an amazing album. You need to listen to it more than once though to get into it, unlike 'Electra Heart'. Also Happy is her best song. 

I wonder if these Froot detractors are just pressed that Marina got a high score for a first review than any of Gaga's album. :giggle:

Jk. :teehee:

It may not be into your liking, but Froot is a quality album. It's coherent and is catchy without being brainless pop music. Personally I prefer Electra Heart but I'm happy this album is getting these good critical acclaim.

Hoping it will stabilize at least to 75 so Marina can be more respected and be taken seriously in the industry.

Cody Draco

Froot is a good album but if it ends up with a higher metacritic score than Ultraviolence... :awkney:

Electra Heart had more powerful songs, regardless of the production genre, the album as a whole had a theme that was evenly distributed between the songs, every song was strongly connected to the theme, it was a bigger project (the 'Part's videos, the archetyes, the use of tumblr to deliver lines that developed the theme even further, the creation of a persona to talk about creating personas, and so on), the electro-pop production might have been forced, but the theme and concept came straight from Marina's heart and as a whole is her most complete album.

Froot is GREAT, I love it, but it's just good songs together with a colorful photoshoot, they don't make the album feel more complete as a whole, not even in the level that Family Jewels did, also TFJ sounded way more unique, fresh and strong. I LOVE this album but it is not on another level compared to the previous two.

Monster2015

Lol still living with Electra Heart?.....

anyways I love Froot (still haven't listened to the album) and the "Froot of the months" delivered so....yea I believe this was her best out of the 3 

Monster2015

Lol at all of you people mad because FROOT isn't "good" because it isn't electro pop. 

This is a good change for Marina, the album is super catchy, her lyrics are great (which she wrote all by herself no co help this time around) and she seems 10x happier with it than EH, I would be too, that album wasn't about herself it was all in the view points of archetypes. 

Oh well again all you guys do is b---h what else is new can never be happy for anyone when Marina deserves her praise. 

This. I'm just annoyed that people aren't happy because she didn't produce a "primadonna","HTBAHB","Radioactive",etc...

dont get me wrong EH was cohesively very strong but Froot displays a different side of Marina and I'm glad she's not pleasing the GP and doing what she wants to do :DWUW:

smh at all the people saying it doesn't deserve it because it's not bubblegum electro-pop like the last album. Every professional review I've seen so far for this album has been positive. The metacritic score will likely reflect that as well. Just because the style of music isn't to your liking doesn't make it bad.

​I can't agree with you more. Since when does one's perception of music reflect everyone else's perception? This is a great album. Do I think it deserves a 91 from EW? No, not really. However, no matter how much we b*tch and complain about it, EW won't change their score.

​thank you.

Cody Draco

Electra Heart had more powerful songs, regardless of the production genre, the album as a whole had a theme that was evenly distributed between the songs, every song was strongly connected to the theme, it was a bigger project (the 'Part's videos, the archetyes, the use of tumblr to deliver lines that developed the theme even further, the creation of a persona to talk about creating personas, and so on), the electro-pop production might have been forced, but the theme and concept came straight from Marina's heart and as a whole is her most complete album.

Froot is GREAT, I love it, but it's just good songs together with a colorful photoshoot, they don't make the album feel more complete as a whole, not even in the level that Family Jewels did, also TFJ sounded way more unique, fresh and strong. I LOVE this album but it is not on another level compared to the previous two.

​Agreed, I don't understand all of the negativity in this thread towards Electra Heart. Froot is nice, it has some nice songs just like her other two albums but if I had to choose only one Marina album to exist it would be Electra Heart simply because of how cohesive and strong it is. I'm happy Marina has moved on and decided to not try to make an Electra Soul or something like that lol. Do I think Froot deserved a 91 definitely not, but I'm happy Marina is getting positive reception. She is a tremendous talent. :applause:

Archived