❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
music news

NYPost: Madonna's Rebel Heart tour sales more sticky than sweet

Spock

Featured Posts

Yanko

I don't get all these articles, i mean in a way its half M's fault for worrying about chart positions, sales ect but she is literally like the most successful woman in music ever. Like she has nothing to prove, she is a living legend and where lucky she is still here and making music. She can sell 1 copy of her next album and still have more impact than all of our faves combined. I'm going to be disgusted at the bandwagoning after she passes. 

​this omg 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

​She can announced that Rebel heart tour will be her greatest hits tour and tourn things around!

That would definitely help. Right now, there are lots of tickets left at many US stops and that's for just the one show in these areas. The tickets are going slowly, compared to just three years ago, so opening up the second and third nights aren't looking good for now. Cutting the ticket prices, like they are doing, will also help. 

Maybe if she promised not to be two and a half to three hours late starting this time, that would also help somewhat. Most people can't stay out until 2 o'clock on week nights. Many concert goers were really pissed off during the MDMA tour and that could be affecting the sales this time around. 

darkwolf

​100 M$ ?? I think 250+M$ guarantee if she tours asia+australia... she can do stadium shows there too... 

If she decides to keep it longer, she can do a second europe leg just like sticky&sweet tour, I am sure it will sell out too.

​But I've heard she has other projects (like directing a movie), so she will probably not extend the tour. She will definitely visit Australia and Asia this time (maybe South Korea and Japan)

That would definitely help. Right now, there are lots of tickets left at many US stops and that's for just the one show in these areas. The tickets are going slowly, compared to just three years ago, so opening up the second and third nights aren't looking good for now. Cutting the ticket prices, like they are doing, will also help. 

Maybe if she promised not to be two and a half to three hours late starting this time, that would also help somewhat. Most people can't stay out until 2 o'clock on week nights. Many concert goers were really pissed off during the MDMA tour and that could be affecting the sales this time around. 

​She still has promo coming for the US, and she has still 5 half a year to go to sell tickets. It's Madonna; not some one hit wonder :usrs:

And yes her shows usually start late; but that's not only specific to her last tour ( which was called MDNA btw :hor:). She has sold out her show in Paris, and added another, and I remember very well how everyone said that her career ended in France, and that she will never be able to sell tickets here again (because of the Olympia incident). They were wrong.

Whispering

​She still has promo coming for the US, and she has still 5 half a year to go to sell tickets. It's Madonna; not some one hit wonder :usrs:

And yes her shows usually start late; but that's not only specific to her last tour ( which was called MDNA btw :hor:). She has sold out her show in Paris, and added another, and I remember very well how everyone said that her career ended in France, and that she will never be able to sell tickets here again (because of the Olympia incident). They were wrong.

Um....yeah, we are in the Madonna thread. Who said she was a one hit wonder? 

The last tour it was a real problem in the US. Her shows started two and a half to three hours late this last tour. ( m and n are right next to each other on a keyboard, ya know) In Miami, she didn't come on stage until close to midnight, so people were in line to get refunds. There were news articles and segments on local media about the late starts. That is why I said that could be another reason for the slower sales this time around. 

Levine

Not even the prices, look at the venues.... I'm still shocked she's doing a small arena here in Italy when she has always sold out a stadium (even two).  From Hard Candy tour to MDNA she lost 100M, they knew she was gonna lost again now. 

darkwolf

Um....yeah, we are in the Madonna thread. Who said she was a one hit wonder? 

The last tour it was a real problem in the US. Her shows started two and a half to three hours late this last tour. ( m and n are right next to each other on a keyboard, ya know) In Miami, she didn't come on stage until close to midnight, so people were in line to get refunds. There were news articles and segments on local media about the late starts. That is why I said that could be another reason for the slower sales this time around. 

​Well, I meant she isn't a one hit wonder, she's a legend. She can stop everything and come back ten years from now and there still will be lots of people interested in seeing her live.

We're gonna see how much it will sell at the end, remember how many articles like this there were about the MDNA tour (and btw, only on a qwerty keyboard m and n are next to each other :hor:).  A successful album doesn't always mean a bigger tour, Confessions was more successful than Hard candy, but the Sticky and sweet tour is her biggest tour.

Not even the prices, look at the venues.... I'm still shocked she's doing a small arena here in Italy when she has always sold out a stadium (even two).  From Hard Candy tour to MDNA she lost 100M, they knew she was gonna lost again now. 

According to this impressive mathematical formula , gaga will only gross like 7M$ in her next tour :haha:

Levine

Nope :( because Gaga still has something to offer, she still can grow musically and artistically (Especially now that we know her next album is going to be different from the  others).

You tried tho, in the meantime Madonna still can't sell out arenas. 

And LOL at  the "mathematical formula"; It was just a logical thought, the same done by her team since they didn't book a single stadium this time. 

darkwolf

Nope :( because Gaga still has something to offer, she still can grow musically and artistically (Especially now that we know her next album is going to be different from the  others).

You tried tho, in the meantime Madonna still can't sell out arenas. 

And LOL at  the "mathematical formula"; It was just a logical thought, the same done by her team since they didn't book a single stadium this time. 

​We'll see :usrs:

Spock

​Austrialia is not a hot market for our stars. Like Lady Gaga, Madonna's last album failed there too. MDNA was scheduled for Australia last time but she decided not to go to be close to her family. Australia has her own pop princess in Kylie Minogue. She never disappoints on tour like Madonna and Gaga. 

I love all three of them. I wish Kylie was bigger in the US though. Her albums and tours are so great.

:legend: KYLIE :legend:THIS TOUR :legend: ILLUSION :legend:

who will love me when the night is over

GagaMyBlood95

I think her tickets are reallyyyy overpriced.. Yes, she is the queen of touring and has an amazing tour but still, it's too much if you ask me..

However, I do believe she will sell at least 90% of the tickets until the actual dates..

Ladey Gagz

​Which date was that?

Montreal :cryga: There are only a few single seats left now :emma: hope they add another date

Whispering

​(and btw, only on a qwerty keyboard m and n are next to each other :hor:). 

Which is the pop-up keyboard on IPads sold in the U.S. 

It is also the keyboard configuration on my phone. 

Would you like for me to send you a picture of each one to prove to you the M and N are next to each other on both devices? 

Archived