other

Disney annunces Frozen 2, Star Wars VIII and spin-off

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

frozen-grammys-2015-grammy-awards.jpg?w=

Disney Announces ‘Frozen 2′

Disney officially announced plans to produce a sequel to “Frozen.”

The company revealed plans during the Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday from San Francisco.

The first film’s director Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are developing the project for Walt Disney Animation Studios, which took home the Oscar for best animated feature for the film.

The sequel doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering how the first film continues to be a major moneymaking force for Disney’s divisions since its release Nov. 22, 2013 — and helped reinvigorate Walt Disney Animation Studios.

“Frozen” generated nearly $1.3 billion at the box office and has become a merchandising juggernaut, breaking sales records on homevideo and at Disney’s stores.

Outside of a broadway show and the animated short “Frozen Fever, “Disney has kept its “Frozen” sequel plans quiet until now.

112814_starwars_theforceawakens4.jpg?w=6

‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Gets Release Date; Spinoff Movie Called ‘Rogue One’

Disney and Lucasfilm have announced details of the upcoming “Stars Wars” films at its annual shareholders meeting in San Francisco.

Rian Johnson has also been confirmed to write and direct “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” which will hit theaters May 26, 2017.

Gareth Edwards’ upcoming standalone film, starring Felicity Jones, will be called “Rogue One.” The movie starts filming in London this summer and opens Dec. 16, 2016.

“Rogue One,” based on an idea by Oscar-winning vfx supervisor John Knoll, was written by “Cinderella” scribe Chris Weitz.

Kathleen Kennedy will produce the standalone film alongside Knoll, Tony To and John Schwartz.

Plot details of “Rogue One” are unknown.

who will love me when the night is over

Super ready for Rogue One and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed...

Still have to watch the original Frozen :troll:

Pure Adrenaline

it will flop

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Miranda Sings

it will flop

If you're talking about Frozen 2, get real. The movie is going to be huge. 

Spock

it will flop

:duck: Frozen 2 will probably be even bigger and Star Wars in the hands of our Savior JJ Abrams will be amazing. The spin off may have less success but I don't see it flopping at all

who will love me when the night is over

Creyk

Can'T wait for the movie, I hope they will think a lot to come up with a story as enchanting as the first Frozen! Also they better not snatch Olaf that guy was a highlight of the movie

Pure Adrenaline

If you're talking about Frozen 2, get real. The movie is going to be huge. 

​2nd comings are never successful or eventful as the first movie

it's just Disney is money hungry and is riding off the hype wagon that Frozen made

Pure Adrenaline

:duck: Frozen 2 will probably be even bigger and Star Wars in the hands of our Savior JJ Abrams will be amazing. The spin off may have less success but I don't see it flopping at all

​I was talking about Frozen ... don't know about Star Wars never seen it  :gaycat: 

Miranda Sings

it's just Disney is money hungry and is riding off the hype wagon that Frozen made

​That's not true at all. Look at Toy Story. The second film did better at the box office and is generally considered to be a better film. The third did even better and was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.

Disney maybe riding the hype wagon, but that doesn't mean a Frozen sequel won't be successful. The fact that the film is over a year old and is still so salient in our culture says a lot about its impact, and that isn't going to go away suddenly. 

I love Frozen till death but excuse me no, I hate sequels

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Pure Adrenaline

​That's not true at all. Look at Toy Story. The second film did better at the box office and is generally considered to be a better film. The third did even better and was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.

Disney maybe riding the hype wagon, but that doesn't mean a Frozen sequel won't be successful. The fact that the film is over a year old and is still so salient in our culture says a lot about its impact, and that isn't going to go away suddenly. 

fa133a31479cf11ce0e0aa1b7a3b71f0.jpg

I love Frozen till death but excuse me no, I hate sequels

​finally familiar opinion :gaycat: 

Girl Frozen was everywhere in 2014. Get real the second movie will be a hit regardless.

Teal Ambition

Unlike 90% of you I still like Frozen. :proud:

​Me too :flutter:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Harry

​Even if it wasn't as successful that doesn't mean it will flop. It definitely won't flop, I can guarantee that.

There's plenty of huge animated sequels that outdid the predecessors. Toy Story 2 and 3, Shrek 2, Despicable Me 2, Cars 2, How To Train Your Dragon 2, the Ice Age films... In fact I'd be inclined to say that sequels to big family films more often than not do better because the initial movies build up a following over time with DVD releases and TV airings etc.

Frozen is an anomaly cos it was so wildly successful and the biggest animated film of all time so whether or not the second one tops it or not is debatable, but you have to be delusional to think there's any reason it will actually flop.

Archived