đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard writers rank Madonna's albums, MDNA ranks last

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

iloveit123

Well I think her first album is one of the best of the 80's (and even all time) considering the sheer amount of CLASSICS on it, so I understand people ranking 'Madonna' high (it's my second favorite album of hers).

I usually put LAV last because I listen to it the least and it hasn't aged well IMO (though of course LAV, MG, are classics and ITG if u want to include it) are all time classics too.

MDNA is near the bottom, but i wouldn't put it as her worst.

It's so hard to say something is the "worst" when it comes to Madonna, haha.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UC PiXELVISION

​Kinda :laughga:

But we all have different tastes so..

​Idk some of the songs are so perf. Love Spent and I ****ed Up :heart::heart:

iloveit123

LOL Buzzfeed did a ranking too (adding in soundtrack albums - thank you!) and also put MDNA last.

Ouch, it isn't that bad. Though it does deserve a low ranking in terms of it being obvious Madonna didn't put a ton of effort into it, the least of any of her albums I'd say.

This is why "Rebel Heart" is so refreshing. The songwriting alone is awesome!

They also mentioned standout tracks and tracks to "burn" from each album, haha.

Link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/a-definitive-ranking-of-madonna-albums#.md60ZMRwk

StrawberryBlond

Madonna is placed ridiculously high, True Blue ridiculously low. MDNA is not her worst - Hard Candy is. Ray Of Light is her best. And I never understood the love for Confessions. That album is ridiculously bland and soul-less to me, except Hung Up and Issac.

Lol people saying Hard Candy is worst than MDNA... just no.

MDNA is a complete musical and lyrical mess.

Hard Candy is much more cohesive and less all over the place.

MDNA deserves the bottom spot. Its atrocious. 

Psychedelic

​Idk some of the songs are so perf. Love Spent and I ****ed Up :heart::heart:

​Ikr, the hate for MDNA has to eventually stop just for the glorious magnificense that Love Spent is! :lgbt:

TimisaMonster

This means nothing...everyone will have a different list if asked the same question... :shrug:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

XoXoJoanneGaga

I don't know how anyone could put American Life so low, is it cause of the rapping on the first track? Songs like Intervention, Love Profusion and X-static Process are so gorgeous, and the whole album has this intimate sound to it.

blacklistedd

True Blue should be higher on the list, and Like a Virgin should be lower. I know it's considered one of her most iconic albums, but quality-wise, it's just not that spectacular, especially in comparison to her other work.

​I feel that way about True Blue actually. I think its 90% cheap 80s pop b/s that hasn't stood the test of time. I mean don't get me wrong, I think La Isla Bonita is cute and I like Papa Don't Preach. But meh to everything else. I think its bottom 3 for me.

blacklistedd

""Future Lovers," "Jump" and "Let It Will Be" keep the album sounding fresh and immediate nearly 10 years after its release."

I love how they listed 3 of my least favorite tracks on the album hahah

Archived