đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

NME: Madonna's Devil Pray sounds like Aura

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Alcina Dimitrescu

Theres literally nothing but truth in this article. Madonna stans can stay pressed all they want. As for Devil Pray sounding like Aura I don't hear it whatsoever, thats a little random.

​ dq4NyDy.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

​As a Madonna fan im pressed that fans can be so far up her ass. I mean, I give her props but she hasn't made a genuinely good pop album in 10 years. People need to chill out on this praise because Rebel Heart most certainly does not deserve it. Have you heard SEX and Bitch Im Madonna? Have you heard the generic bland balladry that is Hold Tight and Joan of Arc? Like why is everyone doing the most with this album and so desperately trying to put it on some sort of pedestal as a revival of quality Madonna. Wait until she actually releases something worth praising.

​Yes, SEX and Bitch and Im Madonna are cringey, and Hold Tight is generic and too damn basic (still such bops though) But Joan Of Arc is great in every way imo.

I hate when people say this is her best album since ROL, when obviously Music, COAD and even AL which got a lot of bad criticism in its time, are all far better. But I'm happy she was able to pull off something better than HC and MDNA, and not only about music quality but putting heart, soul and passion into the project, which these two previous works didn't represent. Rebel Heart on the other hand shows a much more dedicated and passionate Madonna. I give her that, people seem to give her that, no need to be so pressed. 

blacklistedd

​Yes, SEX and Bitch and Im Madonna are cringey, and Hold Tight is generic and too damn basic (still such bops though) But Joan Of Arc is great in every way imo.

I hate when people say this is her best album since ROL, when obviously Music COAD and even AL which got a lot of bad criticism in its time, are all far better. But I'm happy she was able to pull off something better than HC and MDNA, and not only about music quality but putting heart, soul and passion into the project, which these two previous work didn't represent. Rebel Heart on the other hand shows a much more dedicated and passionate Madonna. I give her that, people seem to give her that, no need to be so pressed. 

​Stan culture annoys me in general yet I put myself within the belly of the beast. Either way, while this album is more thoughtful than MDNA for sure, I feel like its just on the same plain of thoughtfulness as Hard Candy its not like its above it. They both are albums where she clearly took the time to write lyrics and try to make something useful out of contemporary sounds but ultimately the result is still lackluster and further reinforces that shes lost some of her identity over the years. Its one thing for people to acknowledge the step up it is from MDNA but to constantly see mindless stans and fanboy critics declaring it her best work since Ray of Light and Confessions when its literally on the same level as Hard Candy makes me roll my eyes not only at the state of journalism but at Madonna as well. I feel like where im at with her is where most people were at with Gaga with ARTPOP. I hopped off that Madonna train quite awhile ago and I look at everyone getting on their knees for her and im like really? Stand up and take a breath lol

​Stan culture annoys me in general yet I put myself within the belly of the beast. Either way, while this album is more thoughtful than MDNA for sure but I feel like its just on the same plain of thoughtfulness as Hard Candy its not like its above it. They both are albums where she clearly took the time to write lyrics and try to make something useful out of contemporary sounds but ultimately the result is still lackluster and further reinforces that shes lost some of her identity over the years. Its one thing for people to acknowledge the step up it is from MDNA but to constantly see mindless stans and fanboy critics declaring it her best work since Ray of Light and Confessions when its literally on the same level as Hard Candy makes me roll my eyes not only at the state of journalism but at Madonna as well. I feel like im where im at with her is where most people were at with Gaga with ARTPOP. I hopped off that Madonna train quite awhile ago and I look at everyone getting on their knees for her and im like really? Stand up and take a breath lol

​somene is really pressed :) And btw, I don't need to take any breaths. I like RH and it IS a great quality album, much better than HC & MDNA (and might I add, far superiour to ARTPOP, #sorrynotsorry). No matter how much you try to put it down, it will not change my opinion on it.

blacklistedd

​somene is really pressed :) And btw, I don't need to take any breaths. I like RH and it IS a great quality album, much better than HC & MDNA (and might I add, far superiour to ARTPOP, #sorrynotsorry). No matter how much you try to put it down, it will not change my opinion on it.

​Oh god, put her **** back in your mouth and shut up.

Psychedelic

:trootea: ​#SorryNotSorryEither

ByeBye49

​Oh god, put her **** back in your mouth and shut up.

​Lmfao, you say that just because someone likes RH? 

FATCAT

​Because Infected Toadstool made some comment as if they were too hip to be involved with a Gaga song, and thought they were better than her.

​Too hip? I think you meant the reverse. They said that Gaga was too hip for their genre. But trully, she is.

Purr more, hiss less.

VforVendetta

​I'm not saying that she would, I'm saying she could. In my original post, I stated that if Madonna got to work with IM, instead of just purchasing their instrumental, she could produce something of greater quality. But the key word is could, I mean, anything could happen.

​I still don't get the point. So if Gaga worked with them as well you mean that she woul dmake a better song?

HEARTHUNTER

Aura is centuries ahead of that song and Devil Pray sounds nothing like it. But the album review made me cackle, it's so true  :lmao:

Psychedelic

Aura is centuries ahead of that song and Devil Pray sounds nothing like it. But the album review made me cackle, it's so true  :lmao:

​How is it centuries ahead? and in any case Infected Mushroom is centuries ahead of Madonna's song :awkney:

HEARTHUNTER

​How is it centuries ahead? and in any case Infected Mushroom is centuries ahead of Madonna's song :awkney:

​Because it is :ohwell:

Archived