💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Lana Del Rey

Branson

Featured Posts

Didymus

Agreed! I think they are very comparable in the way that they seem to roll out while rolling in at the same time. I don't know if that makes sense lol. Meandering masterpieces. Cruel World makes me feel like I'm completely at ease on a suburban patio with a drinking bud. Honeymoon makes me feel like I'm in an enchanted forest where Lana reins supreme over all creatures. :pray:

I feel really bad for people who don't "get" Lana, you know the non-fans that say all of her songs sound the same and are "boring"? :rip:

But at the end of the day everyone should listen to whatever is most pleasing to them! :party:

Agreed. I think most of it comes from people not being used to have to pay attention to melodies and instruments in a non-typical pop arrangement. Her music is obviously not boring because so much is happening, but you have to know what to listen to to hear it, I guess.. I remember not being able to when I started to get into metal music but I learned to appreciate it so I also think it has to do with how much time and effort you spend on a genre/feel that's different from what you're used to.

Honeymoon is definitely my favorite Lana song so far. Takes you away so far.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Agreed. I think most of it comes from people not being used to have to pay attention to melodies and instruments in a non-typical pop arrangement. Her music is obviously not boring because so much is happening, but you have to know what to listen to to hear it, I guess.. I remember not being able to when I started to get into metal music but I learned to appreciate it so I also think it has to do with how much time and effort you spend on a genre/feel that's different from what you're used to.

Honeymoon is definitely my favorite Lana song so far. Takes you away so far.

I think because of Born To Die's success, particularly Summertime Sadness, Lana gets unfairly compared to the wrong artists. The mood her music evokes is completely different than the music made by the women most frequently discussed on this site. Well except Taylor Swift on a couple tracks now. :teehee:

I don't believe we will every hear another album like Born To Die from Lana because I don't believe that album was Lana in her truest form. I know that's definitely subjective. :emma:

EDIT: I know you listen to a lot of different kinds of music so I think you will understand what I mean.

EDIT 2: Young & Beautiful also gives some people the wrong impression I think.

Cody Draco

it just hit me

lana dosnt have a ft in her albums 

Good, I don't want anyone ruining her songs. :coffee:

i want the Honeymoon video :cry: 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

I'm in love with Terrence Loves You :giveup: That bridge :giveup:

Me too. :legend: 

also, here: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a665218/mark-ronson-wont-be-on-lana-del-reys-album-i-hate-to-crap-all-over-your-excitement.html#~pmoD3osLAgaqX6

Work with Mark Ronson from last year won't be on the album

There's going to be a real video for it? :udidnt:

Yeah she was in the jungle or something like that. A snippet was shown when Honeymoon first came out

Jenniferella

I'm having a hard time liking the covers... I feel like the pics don't do her justice. I kind of feel where they were trying to go but it doesn't work for me. 

I just listened to TLY for the first time and I want to wait for the whole album to listen to it again. It didn't really strike me but I feel like I'm gonna have my new Blue-Jeans/Shades-of-Cool, sonds I didn't pay attention to at first listens but became my favorites afterwards.

Can't wait for the album !!!!!! 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Cody Draco

Yeah she was in the jungle or something like that. A snippet was shown when Honeymoon first came out

Why am I such a flop Hexxx? Quit exposing me. :giveup:

I assumed the audio video that's up on youtube was the official "video". :rip:

it just hit me

lana dosnt have a ft in her albums 

i wondered that too. but ppl feature her a lot

Why am I such a flop Hexxx? Quit exposing me. :giveup:

I assumed the audio video that's up on youtube was the official "video". :rip:

LOL no its much more high quality and not found footage looking like that one

Cody Draco

LOL no its much more high quality and not found footage looking like that one

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6598264/lana-del-rey-honeymoon-song-snippet-instagram

This is what you're talking about right? I saw this before, I guess I just forgot about it and thought the Honeymoon song era ended with the lyric sheet video on YT.

I can be such an airhead sometimes. :toofunny:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6598264/lana-del-rey-honeymoon-song-snippet-instagram

This is what you're talking about right? I saw this before, I guess I just forgot about it and thought the Honeymoon song era ended with the lyric sheet video on YT.

I can be such an airhead sometimes. :toofunny:

yeah. i mean i hope it's not a random video of her just singing along to the song

Archived