Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Carly Rae Jepsen Talks New Single "I Really Like You", Will It Be #1?

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

rs_634x1024-150217091723-634.Tom-Hanks-C

Hey, this is crazy...it's been more than three years since "Call Me Maybe."

And it's been almost two years since Carly Rae Jepsen, who swept the charts with the dance-pop hit (that may have gotten stuck in your head, again, at this very minute), has released a new record. Well, she's making a comeback. The Canadian singer, now 29 years old and still living in New York City a year after her Broadway debut as the star of Cinderella, teased a new single several weeks ago and talked more about her music comeback in a dramatic post on her website, published on Wednesday.

"I've been hiding in forests where one meets a prince and dances till midnight," she said in her post, which was made to look like a handwritten letter. "I've been cocooned in my Soho apartment, sipping tea with artists so weird and wonderful that only New York could keep them happy. I have been hiking to the tippy tops of LA peaks where I've said this out loud to no one...I'm ready. (Imagine the Muddy Waters song playing in my headphones.)"

"I have been quietly so alive and now at long last I am ready to share my heart about it," she said. "The first single is called, 'I Really Like You' and I do--really really really really really really like you that is. Your support as my fans and friends has been everything."

Last week, Jepsen was spotted filming a music video for the song with none other than Tom Hanks, Justin Bieber and a group of dancers. A video of the shoot was posted on the Instagram page of a furniture store, BDDW, located on the same street.

Source with the video: http://www.eonline.com/news/629982/carly-rae-jepsen-call-me-maybe-singer-talks-new-single-in-dramatic-post-filmed-music-video-with-tom-hanks

Will it be another #1 for ha? :popcorn:

Cody Draco

I really don't like her.

200.gif

What's wrong with her? I like her better than the other teen-pop stars. :ohwell:

I liked Call Me Maybe. Hope she will do fine. I always feel bad for one hit wonders. One day you are #1 and everyone is talking about you because they have always made a big impact, then you are nothing for the rest of your life. :air:

Versace

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if her new single went number 1, I heard a preview from the video shoot. Let me tell you it was ultra catchy I heard the preview a week ago and the damn thing is still playing in my head till today lol. It's almost like a Call Me Maybe 2.0 hope the full thing delivers!

Archived