Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is criminally overrated by this fan base.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Tove Lo

Why tho? You can't blame DJWS for the album being overproduced because Born This Way has that same problem. That's Gaga's fault. At least ARTPOP's production is clean and detailed while Born This Way is just a mess. I have to say Born This Way has some really great songs like the title track, TEOG, You and I, Scheisse, Marry The Night and Heavy Metal Lover. But the production could ha been way better. Also the other half of the album is just tragic.

um :laughga: ARTPOP is underproduced if anything or just didn't need DJWS on it. I think the production on Born This Way is perfect and very clean.

hop on that **** like a maniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

It is not tho, BTW is amazing and diverse.

ARTPOP is alright too.

There shouldn't be reason to drag ine album because another is more succesful.

Both are still part of Gaga in the end.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I didn't like BTW when it came out, and I don't really love it now. It has some great songs, but the bad outweighs the good for me. I love ARTPOP though. I think it's her best album.

Tropico

Honestly it's so childish how people make it out that if album x is good then album y by default is meh or bad

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Born This Way was written for little monsters and it spoke to us during that time. It was so OF THAT MOMENT that you must have been there. It was the peak of the Fame and the Beginning of the Decline...than it gave birth to ARTPOP which was more ****ed up when it came to idea wise but we loved it because it was exactly what we needed after the way the Born This Way ERA ended. Things always work out in the end and turn out to be the best in the long run.

I could draw parallels with neither pairs of songs (Btw & EY  and    Judas & BR) even when hearing them played side by side. I always thought they had their own distinct sound and feel. 

Okay, I was one of those people who defended ARTPOP to the finish and always thought it was superior to BTW, but I must say, Born This Way really isn't overrated especially when you factor in how long it took for people to appreciate it. It was not an overnight success, it took literally years for it to age well with people and since so many people subjectively love it, it isn't fair to say it's overrated in my opinion.

Ironically, people used to say the same things about the Fame and Fame Monster. Each new generation of fans seem to think her previous work is overrated and her current album is the best album ever. When the next set of fans join for her new work, they will probably make threads like this about ARTPOP if this trend continues...

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Cody Draco

Ironically, people used to say the same things about the Fame and Fame Monster. Each new generation of fans seem to think her previous work is overrated and her current album is the best album ever. When the next set of fans join for her new work, they will probably make threads like this about ARTPOP if this trend continues...

I've been a fan of her music since The Fame though. So you're generalizing that only/all new fans prefer ARTPOP over her previous work? Are you also trying to say that only "real fans" prefer her previous work to ARTPOP?

Or are you just talking about the fans that were on this site? :laughga:

Anderson123

Ever since the release of Born This Way (I guess, a couple of weeks later) I've always said that it was my favorite Gaga album, even after ARTPOP was released. But I do see what you say, MANY, if not like 70% of this fanbase said that Born This Way was a bad album or they said that The Fame Monster was her best and just dragged the album into the pits, that was because of the mess that happened with the singles and album cover, I guess. I do see that a lot of people hated the album because of that and didn't focus on the music. Now look at ARTPOP, so many bad things happened and now people bash this album when it was called "The best Gaga album to date" when it was released. Every time something like this happens I can see some fake people or just bandwagon fans but that happens almost every time something new is released, which annoyed me but it's just a bunch of whiny fans.

Dorothy Gale

Ever since the release of Born This Way (I guess, a couple of weeks later) I've always said that it was my favorite Gaga album, even after ARTPOP was released. But I do see what you say, MANY, if not like 70% of this fanbase said that Born This Way was a bad album or they said that The Fame Monster was her best and just dragged the album into the pits, that was because of the mess that happened with the singles and album cover, I guess. I do see that a lot of people hated the album because of that and didn't focus on the music. Now look at ARTPOP, so many bad things happened and now people bash this album when it was called "The best Gaga album to date" when it was released. Every time something like this happens I can see some fake people or just bandwagon fans but that happens almost every time something new is released, which annoyed me but it's just a bunch of whiny fans.

All of this. I'm not "bashing" born this way to elevate ARTPOP, I just want to point out the hypocrisy.

soundwave

Born This Way is her best though. Who cares if Judas' beat was bought from another artist? The entire Donatella instrumental was also bought from another artist and Zedd :smh: Mary Jane Holland as well.

Literally every song on Born This Way is amazing.

MJH was original and custom made by Madeon for Gaga

FRANK1991
Valextra, on 24 Feb 2015 - 23:00, said:

TFM still remains her masterpiece to me. 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Tove Lo

MJH was original and custom made by Madeon for Gaga

No it wasn't. http://youtu.be/QfvkqVJJQ04

hop on that **** like a maniac

Archived