💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's Oscars performance gains critical acclaim from worldwide media!

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

indiewire-logo-for-blogs.pngblog-logos-toh.jpg

Why Lady Gaga Was the Best Thing About the Oscars

Because while she sang the **** out of those supremely melodic and unendingly saccharine Richard Rodgers melodies, she was also subverting the whole ceremony.

Neil Patrick Harris set up Gaga by setting up Scarlett Johansson – who would, he said, introduce what would be one of the most talked about moments of the Oscar evening.

It was. But with her ‘40s hair and dress and a Julie Andrews-accented delivery, Gaga basically played it straight – she just sang those songs, giving all that Oscar schmaltz (Hammerstein, in this case) the delivery they deserved. She also bestowed on the Academy Awards something that, on Sunday night at least, seemed positively alien: Genuine emotion and honesty. Irony free. She made her audience confront the doubts about the performance that were probably kicking around in their heads (“where’s the meat dress?â€) and simply sang, beautifully and, although it’s sacrilegious to say, better than Miss Andrews ever did.

...Gaga, on the other hand, had about five uninterrupted minutes to make a case for art – something sadly lacking from the whole night -- and stole the show...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/why-lady-gaga-was-the-best-thing-about-the-oscars-sunday-night-20150223

mmarythenight

Time:

Lady Gaga performed an incendiary medley from The Sound of Music  seemed like a strange idea, but totally worked  ending with a salute from Julie Andrews, who pronounced “Lady Gaga†as though it were a royal title.

"as though" :crossed:

...Gaga, on the other hand, had about five uninterrupted minutes to make a case for art – something sadly lacking from the whole night -- and stole the show...

ARTPOP, ha spring awakening!

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

brizoda

I've been reading about to Lady Gaga in The HuffPost today and I see a comment from you, you are really a megafan, cheers

• 3 weeks later...
barcodemonster

Seriously when was the last time a performance had this much impact, negative and positive?

scan my barcode

Spock

Not people bumping this to damage control what Legend Sondheim said about the performance :toofunny:

Monsters are just too much sometimes

who will love me when the night is over

Archived